U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 01:50 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,266,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Until you can produce one single peer reviewed scientific paper to support your claims then IMO you have nothing here. Not one of your links is evidence of anything you have been claiming.
While I agree that peer reviewed articles are better, it’s not like all his links are from obscure random websites. His first link actually comes from the university website where the research was conducted at(two other links are also from universities). Many of the sites even link you to the peer reviewed studies. Though it seems many of these will merely increase quality of life or prevent disease, most of these promising treatments don’t seem to be able to rejuvenate (as in reverse the aging process .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 02:55 AM

9,650 posts, read 4,009,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
While I agree that peer reviewed articles are better, its not like all his links are from obscure random websites. His first link actually comes from the university website where the research was conducted at(two other links are also from universities). Many of the sites even link you to the peer reviewed studies. Though it seems many of these will merely increase quality of life or prevent disease, most of these promising treatments dont seem to be able to rejuvenate (as in reverse the aging process .
And this was exactly the point I was making in the quote you responded to of mine.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:28 PM

12,092 posts, read 20,238,584 times
My goal to reverse age took a major step forward today in what is being called 'unprecedented'. I still think I will reverse age by the time I turn 50 in 2023 but at the latest by 2030.

Genetic researchers reverse wrinkles, gray hair and balding in mice, called 'unprecedented'

Science has made mice look good by reversing age-related wrinkles and hair loss at the genetic level. Humanity could get a similar make-over in the future.

“Wrinkled skin and hair loss are hallmarks of aging. What if they could be reversed?” asked researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham — who appear to have accomplished that feat, according to the research team.

They introduced a specific gene mutation on a test mouse, which prompted a change in profound appearance. Within four weeks, the mouse had developed wrinkled skin and extensive, visible hair loss. When regular function was restored within the gene by turning off the culprit mutation, the mouse returned to a previous life of smooth skin and luxurious fur only two months later — deemed “indistinguishable” from a healthy mouse of the same age.

“To our knowledge, this observation is unprecedented,” said Keshav Singh, a professor of genetics who led the study.

The link: https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...gray-hair-and/

Old 07-29-2018, 07:12 AM

3 posts, read 1,134 times
In the world of technologies, there is only one thing that can stay forever - decentralized internet, decentralized apps and decentralized blockchain solutions! If you still don't know that is it - https://webcase.studio/industry/blockchain/ . see here. At the moment, all the companies are trying to get to the market with their own Blockchain solutions! Amazing stuff!

Old 08-02-2018, 10:33 AM

189 posts, read 33,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Well maybe not forever but I intend to live a very long time, thousands of years or more.

I decided to start this thread here because it has to do with science and the progress of information technology. There is a book called "The Singularity is Near" and a documentary called "Transcendent Man" by Ray Kurzweil. This is the teaser from youtube:

In it he discusses the law of accelerating returns and More's Law that say information technology grows at a exponential rate. When I was a kid in the 1970's computers took up a whole room. Now my cell phone has more computing ability then that computer did and in 20 years computers will be the size of a blood cell. That will allow us to have super strong immune systems and help us be even smarter as our biology will blend with nano technology. They have already found the aging gene and fat gene and are working on being able to stop and even reverse them. Then by 2029 computers will be as intelligent as humans and by 2045 a single computer will be as intelligent as all of the humans on earth combined. We will, also, have virtual reality that will be as real as "the real world". Picture the hollow deck on Star Trek but a 1,000 times better in my life time. I can't wait. This is the best time to be alive!
Yes the best and worst time ever.... experienced by mankind...

As for living forever...

The Law of Thermodynamics states explicitly that all things age and go to a lesser state of organization. Its actually the LAW of Aging or the Direction of Time.... because we are in time and below the speed of light, and into the Here and Now, where time is a fleeting thing, where youth turns to old age and we die... or at least the body dies... but thats a different story or truth.

You can not evade the Law of Entrophy , even though evolution tells itself that evolution can make things better in time if given enough chances and the throwing of the dice of supposed recombinations genetically.

Death of our bodies is by design, as we have to be removed before a new generation comes along if we obey the laws of recreation via love.

The dark side wants to live forever, but they take human supplements that are hardly recommendable.... IYKWIM... but still they eventually die, which frustrates the hell out of them, whoops not quite getting all the hell out of them.

Anyway, it seems our max is the old standard of 120 years.... as away we go...

Our time is limited HEREIN so I would suggest you not wait for science or supplements to give you Eternal LIFE.

Just a thought IMO

IHS

David

Old 08-28-2018, 04:07 PM

My top goal is to be transhuman by 2030 that will allow me to live "forever". The era is here.

We have both an event and a timeline that clearly puts transhumanism front and center of our changing world. Over the next decade, yes a decade, health technology will emerge as both profound and functional—saving lives, extending lives and even redefining life.

The link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnnos.../#763e4e191b84

Old 08-31-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanFoster View Post
Eternal life sounds good, but also causes a million of problems. Like a theory/fantasy it's very interested to discuss, but..
Btw check Altered Carbon (from Netflix as i remember), very good idea of iternal life and occured problems. You can also read a book if u like that more.
I did not like that show as it was too dark.

I might not live forever but I want to greatly extend my life.....

Old 08-31-2018, 06:56 PM

2,248 posts, read 1,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
While I agree that peer reviewed articles are better, its not like all his links are from obscure random websites. His first link actually comes from the university website where the research was conducted at(two other links are also from universities). Many of the sites even link you to the peer reviewed studies. Though it seems many of these will merely increase quality of life or prevent disease, most of these promising treatments dont seem to be able to rejuvenate (as in reverse the aging process .

After a while you know. Its enough already. You just have you figure out when that is.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:01 PM

50,468 posts, read 49,827,942 times
Every time I see this thread title, "FAME" starts playing in my head.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:10 PM

1,005 posts, read 819,515 times
very interesting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology