Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 08:12 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times

Advertisements

I know the appendix was once said to be a vestigal organ. Then scientists figured out it has a function in digestion, and it serves as a way to "reboot" the digestive tract bacteria, if I'm not mistaken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 08:29 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I believe all of those are still here and still have a practical function.

I have a theory about why males have nipples.

They function as primitive pacifiers - you know division of labor within the family unit.

I want full credit for that too.

That's for those of you who want to go all natural,
Men have nipples for the same reason that many cars are wired for fog lights even though they don't HAVE fog lights. It's easier, and cheaper to just have ONE MODEL and activate the options that are necessary.

Before hormones differentiate, mens and womens bodies are exactly the same. It is only chemical magic based upon the directions of our DNA that make us what we are.

Cool huh?

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-23-2011, 09:07 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,619,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I still use mine.
Interesting in that i had my upper two wisdom teeth pulled in bootcamp at 17 yo and yet my bottom two have never bothered me and so they still reside in my lower jaw

Old 09-23-2011, 01:45 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Men have nipples for the same reason that many cars are wired for fog lights even though they don't HAVE fog lights. It's easier, and cheaper to just have ONE MODEL and activate the options that are necessary.

Before hormones differentiate, mens and womens bodies are exactly the same. It is only chemical magic based upon the directions of our DNA that make us what we are.

Cool huh?

20yrsinBranson
Yes, I know it is an embryological thing - it was a joke.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 AM

6 posts, read 12,879 times
wisdom teeth? really?

that shows you how common malnourishment is in this so called modern world, when all your teeth can not fit in your mouth, because your jaw was under developed, due to malnutrition, and you all think that is normal.

its not.

read;
weston price - nutrition and physical degeneration (http://atomsound.tv/mediashare/nutrition_vs_physical_degeneration_dr_weston_price .pdf - broken link)

Old 12-18-2011, 05:55 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,131,243 times
That's pretty interesting (http://atomsound.tv/mediashare/nutrition_vs_physical_degeneration_dr_weston_price .pdf - broken link), re the Masai, especially about the part where they eat milk, meat, and blood... They get taller and they are healthy, plus there are no cavities.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad987 View Post
wisdom teeth? really?

that shows you how common malnourishment is in this so called modern world, when all your teeth can not fit in your mouth, because your jaw was under developed, due to malnutrition, and you all think that is normal.

its not.

read;
weston price - nutrition and physical degeneration (http://atomsound.tv/mediashare/nutrition_vs_physical_degeneration_dr_weston_price .pdf - broken link)
FYI ... i know all about Weston Price and Sally Fallon as i'm a paleo dieter myself however that wasn't the reason why i started this thread but thanks for the posted info anyhow.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:26 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Ever wonder what the advantage was to losing the tail? Other than annoying pesky siblings that wanted to pull it but couldn't, I'm not sure what the benefit was..
Every part of your body uses up energy and is a site that could be injured or infected. So lose the liability if you don't need it.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
That's pretty interesting (http://atomsound.tv/mediashare/nutrition_vs_physical_degeneration_dr_weston_price .pdf - broken link), re the Masai, especially about the part where they eat milk, meat, and blood... They get taller and they are healthy, plus there are no cavities.
Lol ... so that's why i've always craved bloody fatty beef

Old 12-19-2011, 04:27 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Foot 3 View Post
Interesting in that i had my upper two wisdom teeth pulled in bootcamp at 17 yo and yet my bottom two have never bothered me and so they still reside in my lower jaw
They don't need to be pulled. They have found that only 11% of wisdom teeth left in to do their own thing ever wind up causing problems. But the extraction is a multibillion dollar industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology