Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 06:43 AM

415 posts, read 705,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
But scientist (geneticist) have determined that everyone on earth, except black, have 2-4% Neanderthal dna in each of us. I'm proud of my new found dna and I'm glad to add it to my German, English, Irish, Cherokee and Chickasaw blood. So in the end, they are still with us and have shown the ability to survive.
If you have any information on blood types of Cherokees in regards to the rhesus factor, I would love to read up on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 07:54 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Neanderthals were already on the verge of extinction in Europe by the time modern humans arrived on the scene, a study suggests.

BBC News - DNA reveals Neanderthal extinction clues
Latest research says modern humans did interbreed with Neanderthals. Some anthropologists have believed this for a long time. Marija Gimbutas says in her books that there is a skull in the Baltic states that shows a clear mix of Homo Sapiens Sapiens and Neanderthal characteristics. That was published back in the 80's, if not earlier. Anyway, the idea that the Neanderthals became extinct shortly after modern humans entered Europe, and that they didn't mix, is now obsolete. I think it's the Denisovo culture in Siberia that is said to be a mix of both strains. So as time goes by, more discoveries of this sort are coming up.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:30 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
I'm still baffled as to how that very first band of humans to leave africa ''MT-L3'' that first crossed the red sea into southern arabian peninsula and then across to southern iran (then became MT-M1) and down into southern india and continuing down into polynesia and finally into australia as where along that stretch did they intermingle with neanderthals to eventually share some of their DNA? The farthest south neanderthal bones have ever been discovered is in the Canaan region e.g. lebanon, isreal, jordan .

Old 08-02-2013, 07:50 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,435,099 times
Common ancestors of modern men and women lived around the same time - latimes.com

Old 08-16-2013, 03:24 AM

3 posts, read 2,415 times
I am Cherokee we do not have the rh factor gene in neither my father nor my mothers side. We do not have any links in our DNA to tie us to the neanderthal. In fact a geneticist was astonished to find in our blood lines they can tie us to Africa, hebrew, middle eastern, asia, aborigine, and serbia. In fact if you get a map draw a line from Africa up to western Europe and then follow the mountains down through the middle east, branching in directions in asia one going to Australia the other more or less hugging the west coast up to russia continue across at Alaska and then pretty much cut through canada headed for tennessee then head from there directly to the West Virginia, Virginia line then you traced my blood line. All the females in my family both sides tested 86% percent positive for the warrior gene while only 63% of the men tested positive. No neanderthal genes all though my father side did test positive for england. Guess we got the hell out of Africa too fast for that one. Source we had a geneticist trace our genes after hearing a rumor that cherokee were the lost children of israel brought here by Moses. Not sure if I believe that but out was interesting to find out about the hebrew heritage. Especially since jews and cherokees have similar habits, like as children we are taught to sweep everything to the center of the floor instead of out the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology