U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:35 PM

19,576 posts, read 22,825,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
A dumping ground for incoherent nonsense posted by people who don't even attempt to have a discussion seems rather pointless to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yeah. CD already has Politics and Other Controversies.
I gather you would prefer that the "incoherent nonsense posted by people who don't even attempt to have a discussion" remain in the S&T forum clogging up the drain. Great idea!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 06:41 PM

19,764 posts, read 31,634,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I gather you would prefer that the "incoherent nonsense posted by people who don't even attempt to have a discussion" remain in the S&T forum clogging up the drain. Great idea!!
Oh, No Sir. I just don't think we need another landfill for debris.

P&OC is already the creme de la creme of "incoherent nonsense," and has the capacity to handle the junk that gets dropped here. No one would even notice.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:50 PM

3,156 posts, read 1,566,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
No. It should just get locked/deleted, and the offending posters banned (not a perfect solution as it doesn't get rid of the truly dedicated, but it should help). Locking all their threads is surely no more effort than moving them to another forum.

It would be different if we had people who wanted to discuss "fringe" or "flaky" science, but we don't. We have one or two posters who randomly vomit crap into the form, then return later to vomit even more crap. There isn't even an attempt at having a discussion, and the lack of sentences, variable definitions, or any real argument whatsoever precludes there ever being a discussion.

Last edited by JasonF; 05-27-2012 at 09:08 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM

19,576 posts, read 22,825,718 times
How many of these threads have you seen get locked or closed? It's obvious that the mods aren't going to do so. I'm just thinking that they might at least be willing to move them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology