Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 12:52 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,487,419 times

Advertisements

I noticed they added a couple of sub forums and it's going to make finding some things much easier. Thank you for the additions.

I do, however, feel that they missed one important sub forum that would help clean up the Science forum and make the lives of those who are serious about the subject better. Much less scooping and more reading and interacting.

Flaky Science

Nominations would help with the decision making process, but I think most of us know whose posts belong there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 01:06 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Why have a new forum when we could instead clear up the problem with a ban?

Old 05-26-2012, 09:54 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,115,959 times
Agree 100% with flaky science.....

Either flaky science or Science From Another Dimension....

Old 05-26-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Why have a new forum when we could instead clear up the problem with a ban?
They don't work. The posters just create a new account and keep right on posting.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Agree 100% with flaky science.....

Either flaky science or Science From Another Dimension....
Hmmmm. Other Dimensional Discretionary Science, or ODDS

Old 05-27-2012, 10:25 AM

691 posts, read 2,150,520 times
There is an existing forum called Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal, which would probably embrace most Flaky Science topics. Maybe that should have just been sub-forumed under Science in the first place.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:00 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,868,020 times
Default It's a new forum I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowanStern View Post
There is an existing forum called Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal, which would probably embrace most Flaky Science topics. Maybe that should have just been sub-forumed under Science in the first place.
And in its current form it should be kept far, far away from the Science and Technology forum. To quote the forum moderator:

Please note that this is NOT a forum for prosthelytizing or for bashing members who hold worldviews that differ from yours.

Which would be my natural inclination in a forum or sub-forum where science was mentioned in the title (not the members, themselves, of course, just what they write, although I doubt that the distinction would be made by those reading my responses).

I think the goal of anyone posting so-called Flaky Science in a Science and Technology forum is to invite controversy and get attention, so even if this forum did exist no one would post there.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
And in its current form it should be kept far, far away from the Science and Technology forum. To quote the forum moderator:

Please note that this is NOT a forum for prosthelytizing or for bashing members who hold worldviews that differ from yours.

Which would be my natural inclination in a forum or sub-forum where science was mentioned in the title (not the members, themselves, of course, just what they write, although I doubt that the distinction would be made by those reading my responses).

I think the goal of anyone posting so-called Flaky Science in a Science and Technology forum is to invite controversy and get attention, so even if this forum did exist no one would post there.
The goal of the new forum is to give the mods a place to move these posts so the S&T Forum isn't clogged with them.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:33 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
A dumping ground for incoherent nonsense posted by people who don't even attempt to have a discussion seems rather pointless to me.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:23 PM

43,015 posts, read 76,519,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
A dumping ground for incoherent nonsense posted by people who don't even attempt to have a discussion seems rather pointless to me.
Yeah. CD already has Politics and Other Controversies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology