U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM

11,662 posts, read 17,903,756 times

Advertisements

^

Its far along and its not really a map, at least not what we think of a map, but they are reverse engineering the brain down to the molecular level. It should be done sometime between 2019 and 2023. This is, in my opinion, one of the most important scientific projects in the history of human kind and I think will give us so many advances in the next 10 to 20 years that it will change society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 11:55 AM

3,366 posts, read 3,414,534 times
George F. Will: Obama’s brainy idea

Quote:
Fifty years from now, when Malia and Sasha are grandmothers, their father’s presidency might seem most consequential because of a small sum — $100 million — devoted to studying something small. “As humans,” President Obama said when announcing the initiative to study the brain, “we can identify galaxies light-years away . . . but we still haven’t unlocked the mystery of the three pounds of matter that sits between our ears.”

George F. Will: Obama’s brainy idea - The Washington Post

Old 08-24-2013, 07:57 PM

That is mostly likely going to change things in a big way soon. I'm talking 5-10 years from now not 50.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 AM

Default Great minds think alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
That is mostly likely going to change things in a big way soon. I'm talking 5-10 years from now not 50.
You, me and Ray Kurzweil are in agreement on this with Mr. Kurzweil even going as far as to formulate a law to explain the most probable rate of advancement.

The Law of Accelerating Returns
Quote:
An analysis of the history of technology shows that technological change is exponential, contrary to the common-sense “intuitive linear” view. So we won’t experience 100 years of progress in the 21st century — it will be more like 20,000 years of progress (at today’s rate).
The Law of Accelerating Returns | KurzweilAI

Old 08-25-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
You, me and Ray Kurzweil are in agreement on this with Mr. Kurzweil even going as far as to formulate a law to explain the most probable rate of advancement.

The Law of Accelerating Returns

The Law of Accelerating Returns | KurzweilAI
This is so true and you can see the evidence is how computers have advanced since the 1960's.

In the 1960's computers took up entire buildings.
In the 1970's computers took up rooms.
In the 1980's computers fit on our desks.
In the 1990's computers fit on our laps
By 2006 they fit in our pockets.
Today we have google glasses.
In less then 5 years we will have contacts with computers.
Then by 2029 computers the size of blood cells will have more computing ability then all of NASA in the 1960's.

That is why when it comes to reverse engineering the brain and our ability to run the simulations on computers we will see some major changes. Enough so that I predict they wil be done by 2019.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
That is why when it comes to reverse engineering the brain and our ability to run the simulations on computers we will see some major changes. Enough so that I predict they wil be done by 2019.
I believe that timeframe is a bit premature but some Russians are moving full speed ahead as neuroscience and psychotronics are more openly discussed within the scientific community there.

Russian Billionaire Dmitry Itskov Plans on Becoming Immortal by 2045 | Motherboard

Old 09-02-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I believe that timeframe is a bit premature but some Russians are moving full speed ahead as neuroscience and psychotronics are more openly discussed within the scientific community there.

Russian Billionaire Dmitry Itskov Plans on Becoming Immortal by 2045 | Motherboard
I think its going to happen in steps starting this decade. What I mean is in 5-10 years genetics and biology should be at the point where we can have reverse aging and the ability to turn off the fat gene among other advances. This will help extend our life span greatly and keep us young. Then by 2030 computers the size of blood cells will have more processing capability then all of NASA in the 1960's and will have them in us. That will effectively end all disease and make us thousands of times more intelligent. Then by 2045 we will be able to back up our brains etc.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:32 AM

URGENT: Aaron Alexis Reports to Police Someone Sends "Vibration" into His Body - Hearing Voices - YouTube

The Aaron Alexis shooting spree should be enough to make truth seeking US citizens demand that President Barack Obama’s “Brain Initiative” more closely investigate the misuse of psychotronic weapons. Many have speculated in the past that veterans are being targeted with these devices to drive them to suicide and the DC Navy Yard shooting case is adding further fuel to that fire.

The common characteristics reported by of victims of this technology are:

Hearing voices and/or high-pitched squeals
Severe sleep disturbances
Body pains as if caused by electricity or microwaves

Also, many of these Targeted Individuals (Ti’s) are often gang stalked or gaslighted to more quickly destabilize them and add to their state of paranoia.

It’s sad that this sort of thing is happening in America but in a country with so many secrets to hide none of us should be surprised.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:14 AM

ELF Technology and Mind Control with Dr. John Hall

Initially I found Dr. John Hall’s assertion that psychotronic (mind control) weapons are directed from satellites to be far-fetched but after the Washington Post reported that the National Reconnaissance Office's budget is nearly $11,000,000,000 a year I'm slightly more convinced. For perspective, the NRO's annual budget is nearly equal to that of the much maligned NSA.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:44 PM

Here’s a 2006 Sonoma State University research paper on Electromagnetic Weapons and Human Rights. I’ve reached out to contacts here at NC State University’s Electronic Engineering and Psychology departments to help ascertain if this is legitimate or highly sophisticated propaganda.

http://www.projectcensored.org/wp-co...ticWeapons.pdf

This is a VERY interesting read so I suggest saving a copy of it just in case the link gets pulled.

By the way, it has come to my attention that a Hollywood production company Firecracker Films is planning a television program involving deeper investigation in to the targeted individual phenomenon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology