Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,431,774 times

Advertisements

I hope this is the right forum to post this. This is a subject I have always been interested in and it seems scientist have confirmed that through a hair sample found where a sighting took place 5 years ago, that Bigfoot is indeed a offshoot species. I always thought the Patterson film Bigfoot from 1967 was the real deal.

DNA Diagnostics, Inc. - Genetics, Forensics, Paternity, Human DNA Testing, & Animal DNA Testing

Dallas November 24, 2012

A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” living in North America. Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,205,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I hope this is the right forum to post this. This is a subject I have always been interested in and it seems scientist have confirmed that through a hair sample found, that Bigfoot is indeed a offshoot species. I always thought the Patterson film Bigfoot from 1967 was the real deal.

DNA Diagnostics, Inc. - Genetics, Forensics, Paternity, Human DNA Testing, & Animal DNA Testing

November 24, 2012

A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” living in North America. Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.

“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.
I heard NASA's Rover found Marlboro cigarette butts and empty Budweiser bottles on Mars last week too.
Makes ya wonder who are we, and why are we here? LOL

Old 11-26-2012, 07:31 AM

20,098 posts, read 16,015,663 times
It would be beyond awesome if it is true. Notice I said if.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,901,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It would be beyond awesome if it is true. Notice I said if.

I would be interested to see the research itself as well as the reviewers comments concerning the research from peer review.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:43 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,010,432 times
It doesn't take 5 years to do a DNA study.

To call bulls*t here would be overkill.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 AM

7,287 posts, read 6,859,172 times
I would suggest patience for your ignorance rather than pushing the BS button just because a factor is questionable in your mind .
You are likely not a researcher in this field ,and your answer to every thing not in your own hand is BS. How do you learn any thing ?
I am neither a scientist nor a collage graduate ,however when embarking on any project even during the building of a project I continue to patientoy research the issues at hand because I find that all the information available is not contained in one source but many.
That being the case It does take time to collect enough evidenc to come to an educated conclusion concerning project needs and what actually is required.
Tecnology is changing constantly ,an it is a shame to waste energy in and area , if some one has found a successful means of doing it better in the meantime.
I am aware of folks that personally had encounters with such creatures ,and had they some tangable evidence, it is quite likely they would be hessitant to surender any solid evidence to other people no matter what they might claim to be , not because f the fear of discovering it is not true evidence, but typically those kind of things do not get returned to the original owner, and dissapear forever as far as they are concerned .
One family I knew long ago had said encounter and measured the stride running from fot prints embedded in the ground ,@ roughly 8' average and it's ability to leap was significantly further by ground evidence .
They lived in northern California just out of Sonora, and this event had taken place many years before I met them, and that was almost 40 years ago.
There are stories of very dangerous similiar creature in Alaska (not bear) ,that had been only briefly mentioned by a local a while back on another forum years ago .
But with more evidence comming to light , those that have the resources to hunt for this kind of thing may be heightened . Certianly now with camera tecnolgy every one is carrying, the oppurtunities to capture evidence is far more likely .
Question Is , do we have a right to bother them and change their world ?
Some believe it is best to leave them alone an not pry into their lives ,I tend to agree .

Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,815,513 times
Massively cool if true. I question the number of sequences they claim to have done, though.

Edit: Yeah, not referenced anywhere serious. Also, initial reports are that the author edited the paper, taking out references to "Angel DNA" which was also claimed.

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Grim Reader; 11-26-2012 at 10:18 AM..

Old 11-26-2012, 10:14 AM

26,543 posts, read 14,331,871 times
it seems the claim is a year and a half old:

Cryptomundo » Dr. Melba Ketchum’s DNA Diagnostics Gets an F?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 AM

52,221 posts, read 33,927,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It doesn't take 5 years to do a DNA study.

To call bulls*t here would be overkill.
it certainly could if you sequence three complete genomes of 3 billion base pairs each and annotate them, especially when working with what is likely a small budget.

in any case it's not worth working up much of a sweat about until/unless it it's published.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 AM

52,221 posts, read 33,927,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it seems the claim is a year and a half old:

Cryptomundo » Dr. Melba Ketchum’s DNA Diagnostics Gets an F?
that's a good link, especially their BBB rating.

Quote:
Contact Information
Primary Contact: Dr. M. S. Ketchum (Director)
Business Category

Laboratories – Medical

Rating F
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology