U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 10 days ago)

13,367 posts, read 11,871,000 times

Advertisements

Whenever I meet black people from Africa or the Caribbean, I am always surprised at how much darker they are than black people I know/see here in Michigan where I live.

P.S. Of course, some of this could be due to white ancestors.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:06 AM

588 posts, read 558,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I suppose ignorance can be bliss, but even that was beyond silly. White people, like black people are both the same modern humans, with the same genetic make up whose difference are solely due to the response of those genes to different environmental stimuli.
There is obviously much for you to learn!
The differences between races go deeper than you think because an ex-ray of your denture, for example, can reveal your race. The sutures of the bones of your skull can provide an indication of your race, your DNA analysis can show whether you are of Eurasian or sub-Saharan descent.
The human species was divided into races at the evolutionary stage of Homo erectus and since the speciation that brought the human species into existence -approximately 4 million years ago- there has been no other speciation. Neanderthals (and Denisovans) were modern humans too as white people and black people are, but the point here is that the black race is charged with the crimes of the white race. Those who killed the Neanderthals in the Near East and Europe were white people and not… black people who later turned white.

I can tolerate belief in theological nonsense but to believe silly scientific theories is much worse.
Quote:
You are because the body of equatorial modern humans have other physiological adaptations to regulate heat that non-equatorial modern humans do not. Longer limbs to torso ratios, almost complete absence of body hair, difference in how sweat glands function and even how oxygen is processed. Trying to isolate a single body function without evaluating the symbiosis between other organs and functions will lead you to making statements like, "the funny theory Out-of-Africa is falling apart." Which by the way, if you are referring to modern humans it is most definitely not.
Out-of-Africa has been a fairy theological tale from the very beginning; and an extremely racist one at that. Human beings were considered only the ones that came out of Africa 70,000 years ago. Those who remained in Africa and those living at the time in Europe and Asia were subhumans who were “replaced” (meaning driven to extinction) by the African guys (the famous Homo sapiens sapiens).

As regards skin pigmentation, it is one thing the color of the skin of one person and another his race. A human being will not jump from one race to another for moving to a sunny climate.
Wrcousert put it nicely:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
If I understand it correctly, you can take a group of pale white Swedes and move them to the heart of Africa and their descendants will end up with dark skin after so many generations - without mixing with the locals. The opposite will work as well (move native Africans to northern Europe and they'll end up pale white).
The group of Africans who were transformed into white Swedes in Northern Europe will turn out black Africans again if they were moved to live for a few thousand years in Africa!!

American natives, on the other hand, from Siberia to Patagonia kept their beautiful natural lightly colored skin no matter where they chose to live those last 15,000 years (and please don’t give me the tale of the fish-fat eating Inuit).
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Have you even factored in the possibility that maybe Africans during that early time period in human history might not have been as dark skinned as they are today? Maybe the dark skin complexion that most Africans have today came after the people who already went out of Africa to settle in the different continents.
Listen to the words of Chris Stringer, the proponent of the Out-of-Africa theory:

For example there is evidence both from fossils and recent DNA that even Africa had an overlap of modern and archaic humans, with the possibility in a continent so large that there were other descendants of heidelbergensis living there alongside Homo sapiens.

Heidelbergensis is called the “Archaic Homo sapiens” who produced modern people in Africa, Europe and Asia. There were various races living in Africa at that time. Homo sapiens sapiens were African, but “African” does not necessarily mean “black”.
Quote:
To me it seems like the OP might have a problem accepting the possibility that his ancestor were originally African.
We are all Africans!
But I flatter myself in believing that I am a bit more Neanderthal than the white Africans.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 AM

31,385 posts, read 31,046,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtango View Post
There is obviously much for you to learn!
Of that there is no doubt, but it is readily apparent that I won't be learning much from you.

Quote:
Neanderthals (and Denisovans) were modern humans too as white people and black people are, but the point here is that the black race is charged with the crimes of the white race. Those who killed the Neanderthals in the Near East and Europe were white people and not… black people who later turned white.
Oh, heaven help us.... You really are jumping the shark aren't we...

Quote:
Out-of-Africa has been a fairy theological tale from the very beginning; and an extremely racist one at that.
WTF!?!

A racist theology? Considering that the biggest detractor of the Out of Africa theory are white supremacist I find your statement risible. As for being a fairy tale, it has taken a long time for anthropologist, archeologist, paleontologist, geologist agree on anything this important and it wasn't until genetic population studies that most of the arguments over the OOF theory to rise about the quackery.

Quote:
Human beings were considered only the ones that came out of Africa 70,000 years ago. Those who remained in Africa and those living at the time in Europe and Asia were subhumans who were “replaced” (meaning driven to extinction) by the African guys (the famous Homo sapiens sapiens).
If you will, allow me to edit the above for clarity.
"Human beings came out of Africa, those who remained in Africa and in Europe were replaced by homo sapien sapiens."
Even after reading that six times, it still makes no sense.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:53 AM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
Probably came down to different seed ships that the local galactic federation thought was a good mosaic of bi-pedal species that represented the make up of some of the major humanoid groups of the time.
A ship here and there with Whites. a ship here or there with Blacks, a few more with Asians and bingo you have an experiment in intergalactic racial diversity on Earth..

Last edited by jambo101; 12-09-2012 at 10:14 AM..

Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 AM

26,886 posts, read 38,133,169 times
This thread would be entertaining if it held any merit. Or even made some sense.

I vote for the Intergalactic Federation. Beam me up, Chew!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 AM

51,202 posts, read 50,480,930 times
Quote:
Good point. I forgot about the aboriginal people in Oceania and their genetic isolation over a long period of time.

To me it seems like the OP might have a problem accepting the possibility that his ancestor were originally African.
No, quite the opposite. He's black, and he's saying that white people, inherently evil and racist, were never African to begin with. Africans apparently don't have any evil and racism in them. Ahem, we'll just forget about that little Hutu and Tutsi thing that was going on a few years ago. As I recall, height and nose shape were the determining factors in who was superior, instead of skin, since both tribes are black.

Oddly, he's also claiming Neanderthal ancestry, which is bizarre, since from what I understand Africans are the only people on the planet who don't seem to carry any Neanderthal genes.

I'm also a little confused on why he thinks Africans settled Patagonia.

But, I'm in the middle of reading Guns, Germs and Steel, so I'll get back to you on that.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Oh, heaven help us.... You really are jumping the shark aren't we...
What is it that seems unreasonable? That Hss (Homo sapiens sapiens) killed Neanderthals both in the Near East and Europe or that the Hss were whites?
Quote:
A racist theology? Considering that the biggest detractor of the Out of Africa theory are white supremacist I find your statement risible.
You don’t seem to realize what racism is.
To regard one race inferior to another race is no racism, it is stupidity.
Racism is to regard some human beings as subhuman animals; and that is what that funny OoA theory does.
Quote:
As for being a fairy tale, it has taken a long time for anthropologist, archeologist, paleontologist, geologist agree on anything this important…
But I told you…they are rethinking it!
Quote:
If you will, allow me to edit the above for clarity.
"Human beings came out of Africa, those who remained in Africa and in Europe were replaced by homo sapien sapiens."
Even after reading that six times, it still makes no sense.
Try the original once more:
Human beings were considered only the ones that came out of Africa 70,000 years ago. Those who remained in Africa and those living at the time in Europe and Asia were subhumans who were “replaced” (meaning driven to extinction) by the African guys (the famous Homo sapiens sapiens).

Old 12-09-2012, 12:51 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,046,755 times
Quote:
What is it that seems unreasonable? That Hss (Homo sapiens sapiens) killed Neanderthals both in the Near East and Europe or that the Hss were whites?
No, not at all since there is a good deal of evidence that Homo sapien, sapien may have hurried along he extinction of the Neanderthal people just as those who "stayed" in Africa hurried along the extinction of other early humans.

Quote:
You don’t seem to realize what racism is.
Oh, on the contrary I'm reading a perfect example right now, I just waiting for you to stop trying around what it is that you are trying to say.

Quote:
Try the original once more:
[/quote]

You think it is going to make any more sense by reposting it? If so you are mistaken.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM

12,899 posts, read 18,442,586 times
Quote:
The funny theory Out-of-Africa is falling apart; yet Chris Stringer, one of the leading proponents of the theory (who is currently rethinking his theory), insists on the melanin excuse for the supposed transformation of the black Africans, who left South Africa 70,000 years ago, into blonde, blue-eyed Scandinavians.

We can see that skin colour generally has a relationship with ultraviolet light, with getting a balance between having enough UV getting into your skin to produce Vitamin D, but not too much of it that it will damage the skin or destroy folic acid.

Is nature that silly as to continue adding melanin on top of melanin until the skin became pitch black shielding off all UV radiation and at the same time absorbing all the visible radiation and thus overheating the organism? (the material that absorbs the most light gains the most energy and heats up more).

The so-called “Homo sapiens sapiens” left Africa (most probably South Africa) and 30,000 years later reached Northern Europe. These people, the people who arrived in Europe, were white, belonging to the Caucasian group of the White race, yet for the last 20 years they are thought by the scientific community (not even the multiregionalists dared to argue differently) as blacks who turned white!!

They were obviously white on starting from Africa and that explains their annihilating of the race of the Neanderthals, both in the Near East and Europe, as white people do have an history of extreme racism and genocide committing.

P.S. Not to forget that the initial genocide was committed by the gods and that the gods were reported as belonging to the white race.
Obviously god made the world 6000 years ago, started with white people and used his magic to curse the bad ones by making them black and scary looking. Then god taught us how to enslave and dominate them as they rightly deserved.

God is kind of a bastard, ain't he?

Old 12-09-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, quite the opposite. He's black, and he's saying that white people, inherently evil and racist, were never African to begin with.
One does not have to be black to realize that white people (pink actually) are by nature cold-blood murderers.
There is no doubt that the Hss were Africans (the oldest modern technology was found in South African sites: Howiesons Poort, Still Bay, Sibudu Cave) but “African” does not necessarily mean black. Plain common sense!
Quote:
Africans apparently don't have any evil and racism in them. Ahem, we'll just forget about that little Hutu and Tutsi thing that was going on a few years ago. As I recall, height and nose shape were the determining factors in who was superior, instead of skin, since both tribes are black.
That is quite innocent compared to the Nazi deeds or the Australians’ achievement in trying, during a whole century, to wipe the Aboriginals off the face of the earth.
Quote:
Oddly, he's also claiming Neanderthal ancestry, which is bizarre, since from what I understand Africans are the only people on the planet who don't seem to carry any Neanderthal genes.
My ancestors left Africa and went to Europe where they met the Neanderthals. A great-great-great-grand mother of mine fell in love with a Neanderthal macho-man and she thus improved the quality of our family wicked white-race blood.
Quote:
I'm also a little confused on why he thinks Africans settled Patagonia.
They were Asians, but that genius OoA theory preaches that originally Asians and Eurasians were black Africans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.