U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 11:48 AM

2,716 posts, read 2,541,005 times

Advertisements

2012 became the year of Tablets everywhere,
The year of bigger screens on phones.

There were the scientific discoveries and achievements
Higgs Boson
The "Earthlike" Exoplanets
Curiosity Rover

I'm sure I am missing some.

My predictions:
I think we will finally find life on another planet, most likely Mars. Even if it is Micro it will mean a lot.
Maybe find a "close" Earthlike planet.

Hybrid (Touchscreen laptops) will be everywhere and this will be good news for Microsoft.
Apple unless they come up with something different may be in for a bad year.

Just wondering what are your predictions for 2013?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,914,622 times
A strange mysterious virus will enter Earth's atmosphere and kill off all the stupid people, then mutate and wipe out all those without common sense.....

Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 AM

6 posts, read 26,502 times
2013 will see our gaming experience will enhance as cooperations are looking into more and more ways to inject us into the world of the game we are playing. the oculus rift headset is a good example because you use your head movements to move the camera so if you were playing a first person shooter and you had enemy flanking right you would have to turn your head right as well as your gun.
also the PS4 and xbox 720 is releasing christmas 2013 bringing newer, more enhanced features thus improving gameplay.

so the next year we will see a huge jump in the gaming industry

Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 AM

5,793 posts, read 10,665,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
A strange mysterious virus will enter Earth's atmosphere and kill off all the stupid people, then mutate and wipe out all those without common sense.....
it will come in the form of teabags.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,313,679 times
I think has tech companies will have a harder time comig out with must have new devices people want to buy. I think with coming defciit problems alot of spending will stay pretty flat n coming decades.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM

13,140 posts, read 36,049,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Another prophet of doom will arise to proclaim that ''the end is nigh'' .

On a more positive outlook:

Israeli and American biotech's Brainstorm and Neuralstem will announce by the years ending that by using stem cells in their Phase-I/II human clinical trials that they have partially treated and/or reversed the ravages of ALS and spinal cord paralysis both once thought to be forever incurable.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 PM

8,567 posts, read 9,366,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
it will come in the form of teabags.
I was thinking more like wearing brown shirts. The virus will be called the 'sycophant virus.'

Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,302,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
2012 became the year of Tablets everywhere,
The year of bigger screens on phones.

There were the scientific discoveries and achievements
Higgs Boson
The "Earthlike" Exoplanets
Curiosity Rover

I'm sure I am missing some.

My predictions:
I think we will finally find life on another planet, most likely Mars. Even if it is Micro it will mean a lot.
Maybe find a "close" Earthlike planet.

Hybrid (Touchscreen laptops) will be everywhere and this will be good news for Microsoft.
Apple unless they come up with something different may be in for a bad year.

Dunno about specific predictions, but if it's anything like the past decade or so, increasingly it's all being derived from obscure biological, chemical and quantum effects. Heck, how many of us even know what goes on in our cars anymore, which are mostly just becoming big computers on wheels anyway?!

Though I imagine wearable computers like these from Oakley and Google will become popular very soon. Oh, and whatever the trend, it just keeps getting cheaper and more accessible.

Google Glass

Old 02-22-2013, 02:55 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,258,871 times
^It's worth mentioning that Google Glass is expected to hit the consumer market this year.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,302,194 times
^^ Cool!! Though frankly am still getting used to those geeky-looking Bluetooth ear dongles!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology