U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:37 PM

5,070 posts, read 8,790,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
With a rat? No thanks.
Might make the mouse smarter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 PM

5,555 posts, read 3,836,287 times
I would love to have something like this where we could actually "communicate" with our pets so that I can tell my dog that getting into the trash can is a big no-no!

Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 PM

12,106 posts, read 20,415,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I would love to have something like this where we could actually "communicate" with our pets so that I can tell my dog that getting into the trash can is a big no-no!
This reminded me of this:

Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 AM

5,555 posts, read 3,836,287 times
Squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:49 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,584,126 times
And I thought the Dr. R.J.White was freaky for the full body transplant. Lighting speed I'll tell ya, lighting speed. Now my kids can bother me while I'm away at the store, via mind speak. I wonder if it will all be in telepathic code language like text chat. lol

Old 03-30-2013, 08:46 PM

3,612 posts, read 4,054,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Ethics? We don' need no stinkin' ethics.

If you don't think so just look at any politician...
For a while there before our government officials simply stopped caring the US Senate gave deep thought to the ethics of new technologies.

Here’s then Senator Joe Biden grilling Supreme Court Justice Nominee John Roberts about RFID technology and the ethics and legality of future applications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQw68jl7KXc

Now, however, it's become pretty clear that psychotronic weapons are being used on US citizens and no one in the government is bothering to do a thing about it.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:19 PM

19,865 posts, read 18,404,032 times
I wonder if they are only messing with rat's brains or also with their bodies. They showed a rat today which was 1.5 feet long (without the tail, mind you). It nibbled its way through a concrete wall of a home in Sweden. The family only noticed something was wrong because their cat was scared of entering the kitchen
So once they found out and recuperated from the shock of meeting that rather aggressive giant rat, they called an exterminator who deployed an industrial-size trap. The rat did trigger it, but was so strong that it simply ran off with the trap around its neck. But in the end the poor animal suffocated to death

Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 PM

12,106 posts, read 20,415,686 times
Talking Mind-to-mind thought talking possible by 2030, scientist says

I saw this and thought I would post it here.

Today we enjoy basic conversations with our smart phone, desktop PC, games console, TV and soon, our car; but voice recognition, many believe, should not be viewed as an endgame technology. Although directing electronics with voice and gestures may be considered state-of-the-art today, we will soon be controlling entertainment and communications equipment not by talking or waving; but just by thinking! Forget Siri, if future-thinking researchers have their way, your brain could soon be chatting away on the phone. A new implant developed by UC-Berkeley neuroscientist, Robert Knight, could create a game-changing relationship between you and your machines. You may soon be able to transmit thoughts via the Internet using a translator chip implanted in the brain that converts thoughts into words.

The link: Mind-to-mind thought talking possible by 2030, scientist says
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology