Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:57 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,680,179 times

Advertisements

Life is layers on top of other layers. Could it be the proof has been found??

Physicist Discovers Computer Code Embedded Within the Equations of String Theory - disinformation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 01:05 PM

23,597 posts, read 70,402,242 times
I liked the article on interdiction against Swaziland witches flying higher than 150 meters better...

Old 05-30-2013, 09:51 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
150 meters? I thought it was lowered to 125 because of hobby brooms being unreliable above that height.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:45 PM

I think that is only for the emasculated male witches... Drones, I think they are called...

Old 05-31-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I think that is only for the emasculated male witches... Drones, I think they are called...
WTF??

Old 05-31-2013, 11:10 PM

LOL! Having a challenge keeping up with cross-disciplinary humor?

Your cite came from a particular website that has some highly questionable stuff on it. Rather than bluntly say directly that your source was unreliable, I decided to show the unreliability by citing another story from it. One article on the website was about Swaziland banning witches from flying too high, and I decided to use that, as it was entertaining. The fact that a law was passed there implies that they believe in Swaziland that there really are supernatural witches, and that those witches can fly, and all that good Monty Python and Harry Potter stuff about witches. Tek then made a cute response which, come to think of it, probably relates to the airspeed velocity of unladen swallows and the difficulty in finding properly made brooms these days now that everything is either made in China. You have to use Python logic at this point (eg: a witch weighs the same as a duck, which is about another witch which I won't explain here for fear of confusing you as to which witch is which.) Since witches ride brooms - what else is similar to a broom? People ride horses. If people ride horses, those who don't have a real horse to ride ride hobby horses, so something from Swaziland that is said to fly is probably much like a hobby horse, in that it doesn't do what a real horse can do - that then implies a reference to aircraft, or things that DO fly. I came back with a reminder that a witch can be male or female, then added in a reference to the genital mutilation practiced in such countries as believe in witches, which just happened to land as a play on the word drone, which refers both to a non-sexual flying insect and an unmanned flying machine commonly in use by the U.S. in trying to find its own "witches," which it thinks are dangerous beings in lands far away, that somehow have the power to interfere with our large and powerful flying brooms, aka passenger aircraft.

I trust that clears up any confusion you may have.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Which witch was it?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 AM

After a suitable amount of highly specialized research into that question, I have an answer. Her name was...

A

She also may have had a last name that included the "bang" or exclamation point.
The deductions used in determining this are quite logical.
First, the villagers come up in joy and proclaim "We've found A Witch! We've found A Witch!"
Second, Sir Bedevere asks "How do you kneowww she's A Witch?"
Notice that during this time, the witch tries to claim that she is not "A Witch" by turning her nose into a carrot and then claiming that the villagers put it on her. However, Bedevere is on to her, as he saw how she manipulated the ! mark. How do we know this insight into witchcraft? The villagers cried out "A Witch! A Witch!", but when Bedevere, who was more educated, said it, the ! was twisted by a spell into the ? shape in an attempt to confuse him. "How do you kneowww she's A Witch?" It is all quite simple and logical.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:51 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Default Simulated Universe

I'll take the post seriously; somebody has to. It's a serious idea, one that cannot be disproven. Even Stephen Hawking concedes that.

I don't know if it's true but I believe it's possible... and I believe that because I know that's clearly something humans would do if we had the technology to pull it off. I also think it's clear that such technology is physically possible and they we are rapidly going that direction.

Add religious beliefs such as an afterlife or reincarnation (what better school for an enlightened higher being... multiple lives taking in the entire gamut of human experience) and even paranormal activity like ghosts (glitches in the system?) and suddenly it all starts making sense IF we really are in a simulation.

Finally, this idea is the only way to dovetail spiritual and religious concepts with hard science and make both work. If the world is simulated, it can be 6000 years old to those outside the simulation but 4.5 billion years old to those inside. The parameters of the simulation would function normal (i.e. the laws of nature) and be immutable to those inside but naturally could be easily overridden by those on the outside. Even death would be permanent inside but the mind could naturally go on outside the simulation because the death itself was simulated.

None of this proves it's actually the case of course, but it sure is interesting to think about!

Old 06-02-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
LOL! Having a challenge keeping up with cross-disciplinary humor?

Your cite came from a particular website that has some highly questionable stuff on it. Rather than bluntly say directly that your source was unreliable, I decided to show the unreliability by citing another story from it. One article on the website was about Swaziland banning witches from flying too high, and I decided to use that, as it was entertaining. The fact that a law was passed there implies that they believe in Swaziland that there really are supernatural witches, and that those witches can fly, and all that good Monty Python and Harry Potter stuff about witches. Tek then made a cute response which, come to think of it, probably relates to the airspeed velocity of unladen swallows and the difficulty in finding properly made brooms these days now that everything is either made in China. You have to use Python logic at this point (eg: a witch weighs the same as a duck, which is about another witch which I won't explain here for fear of confusing you as to which witch is which.) Since witches ride brooms - what else is similar to a broom? People ride horses. If people ride horses, those who don't have a real horse to ride ride hobby horses, so something from Swaziland that is said to fly is probably much like a hobby horse, in that it doesn't do what a real horse can do - that then implies a reference to aircraft, or things that DO fly. I came back with a reminder that a witch can be male or female, then added in a reference to the genital mutilation practiced in such countries as believe in witches, which just happened to land as a play on the word drone, which refers both to a non-sexual flying insect and an unmanned flying machine commonly in use by the U.S. in trying to find its own "witches," which it thinks are dangerous beings in lands far away, that somehow have the power to interfere with our large and powerful flying brooms, aka passenger aircraft.

I trust that clears up any confusion you may have.
Ummmm!! OK......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology