Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 01:43 PM

855 posts, read 623,729 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but here's my situation.

I post in various Vbulletin-based forums, but I've noticed that only in this one do I get a series of "[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]" codes that crop up when I preview my posts before submitting them.

I usually draft my responses in a word-processing program (LibreOffice) and then copy-paste them over to here. The post looks fine until I click on "Preview", and that's when the Size Codes appear all over, usually at the start and end of each line. I then have to go back and manually delete each occurrence before submitting my post.

Again, this forum is the only one (so far) on which I have this issue. Has anyone else encountered this minor quirk?

PS: I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that there are no font-size controls in the post editor. I thought it might be my choice of word-processor, but again, other Vbulletin forums don't have this issue.-

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 02:13 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post
I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but here's my situation.

I post in various Vbulletin-based forums, but I've noticed that only in this one do I get a series of "[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]" codes that crop up when I preview my posts before submitting them.

I usually draft my responses in a word-processing program (LibreOffice) and then copy-paste them over to here. The post looks fine until I click on "Preview", and that's when the Size Codes appear all over, usually at the start and end of each line. I then have to go back and manually delete each occurrence before submitting my post.

Again, this forum is the only one (so far) on which I have this issue. Has anyone else encountered this minor quirk?

PS: I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that there are no font-size controls in the post editor. I thought it might be my choice of word-processor, but again, other Vbulletin forums don't have this issue.-
-
CD doesn't remove the formatting code unless you click on the Double A font icon at the top left of the posting dialogue box.
I usually just compose in notepad, or in the CD VB editor.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:42 PM

855 posts, read 623,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
CD doesn't remove the formatting code unless you click on the Double A font icon at the top left of the posting dialogue box.
I usually just compose in notepad, or in the CD VB editor.
I'm going to try that. Thanks so much!

-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology