U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-06-2014, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
2,739 posts, read 2,480,916 times
Reputation: 1425

Advertisements

Interesting recent BBC Series presented by Professor Brian Cox, charting the history of British Science.

BBC Science - Brian Cox: The wonder of British science





Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2014, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
1,722 posts, read 1,830,740 times
Reputation: 1018
I hate that guy. He's so cheesy.

"Oooh, its so marvelous the amazing things you can do with a molecule of oxygeeeeen". "Isnt this fascinating, its so amazing, I hardly cant breath".... "Oooooooh, wow so amazinggg".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2014, 06:23 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
2,739 posts, read 2,480,916 times
Reputation: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
I hate that guy. He's so cheesy.

"Oooh, its so marvelous the amazing things you can do with a molecule of oxygeeeeen". "Isnt this fascinating, its so amazing, I hardly cant breath".... "Oooooooh, wow so amazinggg".
I think hating someone because you don't like their style of presentation is a bit strong.

He strikes me as quite a nice bloke, and he does have a genuine passion for science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2014, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
1,722 posts, read 1,830,740 times
Reputation: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
I think hating someone because you don't like their style of presentation is a bit strong.

He strikes me as quite a nice bloke, and he does have a genuine passion for science.
Change hate to "think he's genuinely weird and presentation skills lack". :-) And agree on the rest of what you wrote!

I knew him personally @ CERN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2014, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Great Britain
2,739 posts, read 2,480,916 times
Reputation: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
Change hate to "think he's genuinely weird and presentation skills lack". :-) And agree on the rest of what you wrote!

I knew him personally @ CERN.
It's an improvement on hate

He goes to CERN in the final episode above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2014, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
1,722 posts, read 1,830,740 times
Reputation: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
It's an improvement on hate

He goes to CERN in the final episode above.
Yup! He works there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top