Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 02:13 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,084,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Let me ask you something, with all the engineers in the world seeking solutions to power production why is it no one wouldn't be using this tech? People go over old patents all the time and certainly Tesla's would be some of the foremost ones reviewed, it's not like this is hidden material. There's been some grand conspiracy for the last 80 years or so to suppress technology that was right out in the open?
If you don't think that there are rich and powerful people covering up things that would make our lives much simpler and cheaper, and make them much less rich and powerful, then I don't know what to tell you man... you are pretty naive.

Oh, and it is well known that Rockefeller bought and tore down Tesla's Wardenclyffe free energy generator before it could be made fully operational. I'm sure his entire fortune being in the oil industry didn't motivate his actions at all.

And the FBI did confiscate the majority of Tesla's paperwork and inventions and almost none of it has seen the light of day since. If it was all harmless and didn't work, why would they care so much to keep it hidden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 02:37 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
If you don't think that there are rich and powerful people covering up things that would make our lives much simpler and cheaper, and make them much less rich and powerful, then I don't know what to tell you man... you are pretty naive.
Just to rehash that of all the engineers and scientists in the world only those working for the rich and powerful have made these discoveries. After dumping money into R&D instead of cashing in on this obvious cash cow they shelved it in the hopes no one else discovers it and/or they are able to keep all these engineers and scientists under wraps?

Old 05-02-2014, 02:41 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,084,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
No credible scientist is going to waste their time on perpetual motion or perpetual energy scams. Unlike those who actually believe in this kind of nonsense, scientists are educated and know better.
Perpetual energy? Please get an education before you spout off against new scientific experiments when you don't even understand the subject at hand. I believe the term you are looking for is overunity, which refers to a system with a COP>1 (Coefficient of performance). Here is a passage that explains it well:

Quote:
Overunity is not talking about efficiency, and especially not an efficiency greater than 100%. Overunity refers to a system with a COP>1. COP is not the same thing as efficiency because efficiency takes into consideration all of the energy input into a system while COP only takes into consideration the energy input by the operator and not energy input by the environment. Therefore, in a system where some or all of the energy is provided by the environment, it is entirely possible for the COP of the system to be greater than 1, even though its efficiency will always be less than 100%, and it in no way, shape, or form, violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
In bold is what the QEG claims to do, whether it can actually do it or not is for the testing process to decide, but the point is that this is not magic folks.

Overunity can definitely be accomplished, and without violating anyone's precious laws of thermodynamics either.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:53 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
If it is the same one, I looked at those plans. It attempts to invoke a high voltage low current across a coil. Unfortunately coils have something called inductance, measured in Henrys. The whole concept is just a mixture of an old spark coil generator, a van de graff static generator and a couple of stator coils. It has less chance of working than a toaster singing Mozart operas.
For the record, my Black & Decker toaster gives a wonderful rendition of Mozart's Die Zauberflöte.

Pesky thing physics. It is always getting in the way of making free stuff.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:55 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,918,347 times
Quote:
Perpetual energy? Please get an education before you spout off against new scientific experiments when you don't even understand the subject at hand. I believe the term you are looking for is overunity, which refers to a system with a COP>1 (Coefficient of performance). Here is a passage that explains it well:
So it's a heat pump? That's what coefficient of performance refers to. A heat pump is capable of moving more heat than work is used to move that heat.

Quote:
In bold is what the QEG claims to do, whether it can actually do it or not is for the testing process to decide, but the point is that this is not magic folks.

Overunity can definitely be accomplished, and without violating anyone's precious laws of thermodynamics either.
In science, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Until such evidence is produced, such claims are RIGHTLY ignored. If one required experimental evidence to dismiss every far-fetched claim, no one would ever have time to make actual progress on actual problems.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:58 PM

850 posts, read 1,026,234 times
Are these the same people developing the magnetic crystal pyramidic hydrogen gonkulating generator that uses alkaline water as the feedstock? Still, it's snazzier than the compressed air power car. Oh yeah, Hallowed are the Ori!

Last edited by jayway; 05-02-2014 at 03:13 PM..

Old 05-02-2014, 02:59 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:

A Ron Paul fanatic. I should have known.

That explains a great deal indeed.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:06 PM

546 posts, read 546,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
A Ron Paul fanatic. I should have known.

That explains a great deal indeed.
I thought there would be some interesting posts on this!

But to answer a question, this does not violate the law of thermodynamics. This generator gains its energy from the environment, (as Airwave 09 said), specifically, the magnetics of the earth through resonation.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:28 PM

546 posts, read 546,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Just to rehash that of all the engineers and scientists in the world only those working for the rich and powerful have made these discoveries. After dumping money into R&D instead of cashing in on this obvious cash cow they shelved it in the hopes no one else discovers it and/or they are able to keep all these engineers and scientists under wraps?
So why didn't they have automobiles in the beginning of the 19th century?

If I had to hazard a guess, and from what I gathered from the videos I watched made by FTW, I'd say that the reason this hasn't been discovered is because no one realized the principle of resonation that is needed to make this work. The engineers on there took great note that they had to change their way of thinking a bit. Such as happens when most new concepts are brought out, there is a learning curve to overcome,...along with the factor of the blockhead.

A short read on Nicola Tesla will show that he was a brilliant man, way ahead of his time, and that he bellied up with the wrong people that destroyed him. He's not the only one. I know of a person named Eric Dollard, also a brilliant guy, who has had his fair share of dealing with those that want to suppress things. He's very fortunate to still be alive, and only through the charity of a few people, has he been able to carry on. He has also verified some of Tesla's work.

And as far as corporations doing dirty deeds to keep their profits, I'd be a fool not to realize that! Especially with oil companies, they have a vested interest in time, money, land, and equipment to protect. It is easier for them to 'keep the machine rolling', and get the maximum dollar value out of what they have, than to abandon it to a new technology. I imagine that they have always figured to use overseas oil first, and when it runs out, they would use the domestic supplies that are in reserve. After that, (if we haven't all suffocated by then), they would think about new technology that can be a profit to them. Once something like this QEG is in full swing, the value of oil will be close to the value of dirt. I can only vaguely imagine the thoughts going through the minds of energy producers right now, as this is released! The people of FTW were wise in doing most of their development underground, and then releasing it around the world, else I'm sure they would have very shortened lives.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:06 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,918,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
I thought there would be some interesting posts on this!

But to answer a question, this does not violate the law of thermodynamics. This generator gains its energy from the environment, (as Airwave 09 said), specifically, the magnetics of the earth through resonation.
That's not an explaination, that's you using scientific-sounding words to "extend your ignorance". How does this extract energy from the Earth's magnetic field? If one were patient one could extract such energy by usin the precession of the magnetic pole and a huge magnet, but that would not provide the energy this device claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology