U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:52 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,171,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
More like it is today. People in the middle east will still be killing each other, we will still be driving cars.....
Hopefully cars will drive themselves by then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 07:08 AM

4,444 posts, read 4,352,016 times
I don't particularily care for this vision of the future:

'Different' species of human will have evolved by 2050, scientist claims | Mail Online

Seriously, who wants to live in a world where you have to compute with robots for jobs, and you're forced to undergo body mods "just to keep up?" We should have stopped while we were ahead, in 1970.

I see the beginnings of a major Luddite movement in the near future, with me at the front lines...

Old 09-12-2014, 07:00 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,171,565 times
I am actually more of a fan of Coning A day made of glass future. I think that one is the one that we will be having.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:01 PM

17,850 posts, read 19,592,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STB93 View Post
In the year 2050 what do you think science and technology will be like? How will things have changed from now to then? Do you think the world will be more like science fiction or just like today? What do you think?
I think that by 2050:
  • Personal quantum computers will be commonplace, like personal binary computers are today.
  • Computers will be using holographic displays, eliminating the need for monitors.
  • Electronic components will be self-repairing.
  • We will be able to use quantum entanglement to communicate instantly over vast distances.
  • We will have solved the riddle of Dark Matter and Dark Energy.
  • We will have already visited Mars and begin planning a mission to Europa.
One thing is absolutely certain, by the year 2050 the world will not resemble anything like the world we live in today. Everything changes.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB93 View Post
I am actually more of a fan of Coning A day made of glass future. I think that one is the one that we will be having.
How about transparent solar panels instead of regular windows?

SolarWindow - New Energy Technologies Inc

With an estimated population of 9.6 billion by 2050, we will need a lot more energy than we are currently producing. Transparent solar panels on every highrise and on every home, instead of regular glass windows, would help reduce our future energy demands.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I don't particularily care for this vision of the future:

'Different' species of human will have evolved by 2050, scientist claims | Mail Online

Seriously, who wants to live in a world where you have to compute with robots for jobs, and you're forced to undergo body mods "just to keep up?" We should have stopped while we were ahead, in 1970.

I see the beginnings of a major Luddite movement in the near future, with me at the front lines...
Somebody has to design, develop, program, and maintain those robots. As the times change, so must we. While some professions may disappear in time, new professions are created. As with all things, we either learn to adapt with the times or perish.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:57 PM

431 posts, read 513,234 times
This is what the world will look like in 2050.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:09 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,576,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
This is what the world will look like in 2050.

Probably more likely. The only thing in the future wars will be over food ,water and overpopulation.

By the year 2050 we are to run out of clean water and food for all.

In the middle east it be more likely be water and religion.Well out side the middle east mostly food ,water and overpopulation.

Remember private space companies are still very costly.So people living on mars or the moon is NOT going to take place in 50 years from now!!! Not even the super rich have enough cash for trip to mars with today's technology.The cost is prohibitive even going to the moon that alone mars.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:44 PM

9,068 posts, read 5,656,138 times
Combine the movies Blade Runner, Elysium , the Time Machine, the Road Warrior, and Idiocracy together and that is probably what we will have. If you are elite rich it will be awesome, if you are poor (there will be no middle class) it is going to suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or