Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 02:50 PM

29 posts, read 44,709 times

Advertisements

I saw these weird lights that changed color in the sky not too long ago, there were a lot! I thought what if it's aliens. I also thought it could be government drones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 03:09 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,025 posts, read 6,526,838 times
Yes, there is life, even intelligent life, throughout the universe. However due to distances in light years and time, I doubt we will find them or they will find us.......

Old 11-25-2014, 03:26 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,815,445 times
I'm not so sure aliens coming to check out our planet would be announcing their presence with colored strobe lights.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:11 PM

919 posts, read 845,638 times
What is life? How do you know that an atom or a star are not alive?
If you can define life, next question is - does it have to know how to communicate with humans? What is those aliens can only see Xrays or talk via gravity disturbances?

My idea is that everything is alive in a different degree. It is a continuum. There are concentrated vortexes (vortices, if you prefer) that we can perceive as plants, animals, humans, single-celled organisms and so on. They exist for a time, then dissolve back into the universal "lifewater". We call that process death.

And I am not even smoking anything

Old 11-25-2014, 05:33 PM

260 posts, read 325,552 times
Yes, there is intelligent life that is capable of communicating with us and seeing us.

I have a cool question.
When we have discovered America we have wiped out civilization (Mayans, with a simple flue) What makes you think that if we meet aliens, we would not wipe each other out with our bacteria, viruses etc (stuff that we are already immune to and they are not)?

Aliens coming from intelligent life, would try to communicate through distance first, after they were done observing us.

Have to note though that it is possible that we Humans did not originate on earth to begin with.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:20 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,815,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataWarehouse View Post
Yes, there is intelligent life that is capable of communicating with us and seeing us...
Well, there you have it - I read it on the interwebs, so it has to be true.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:20 PM

919 posts, read 845,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataWarehouse View Post
Yes, there is intelligent life that is capable of communicating with us and seeing us.

I have a cool question.
When we have discovered America we have wiped out civilization (Mayans, with a simple flue) What makes you think that if we meet aliens, we would not wipe each other out with our bacteria, viruses etc (stuff that we are already immune to and they are not)?

Aliens coming from intelligent life, would try to communicate through distance first, after they were done observing us.

Have to note though that it is possible that we Humans did not originate on earth to begin with.
Why would they have DNA RNA etc like earth?
They might be silicon-based, not even carbon-based.
Or just Hululu - a super-intelligent shade of blue (DNA reminded me of this DNA reference.)

Old 11-25-2014, 07:31 PM

260 posts, read 325,552 times
Let's consider the leading theories of our age:

30 billion planets in our galaxy alone.
200 billions galaxies in our Universe.
The number of Universes out there could be infinite.
universe expends and contracts.

Chances are there other humanoid societies out there. Chances are that that we can even find life that is very similar to ours.

As far as what we can not see, how do we know that Jupiter does not have life. It is possible that there could be none-biological life there. And then what you have stated before. Is Earth alive ? Is our solar system ? IS there none-biological life on Earth that we have not discovered yet ?

Google defines life: the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

In other words we only know about organic life. Jupiter might have gas based life.

We have observed Moon, and since Moon surface does not change and there no atmosphere we say that there is no life there. But Jupiter does have an atmosphere, heavier gravity then earth and temperature of 43,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Biological life as we know it can not exist there. Maybe they are looking at earth from Jupiter and saying no life can exist there, nothing can survive that cold and also breathe air.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:21 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times
Sure odds but based on what I have seen of evidence; I am convenienced they are not nearly as developed as we are; at least at distance we are likely to reach in our lifetimes. Also note we have never found any evidence of other space travelers on any planet visited by man or by other means. What a dead single celled sing of life and perhaps once water being there.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:25 PM

44,590 posts, read 61,412,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Yes, there is life, even intelligent life, throughout the universe. However due to distances in light years and time, I doubt we will find them or they will find us.......
Oh they're here alright, been so for years. The difference is that they are already far advanced into the 4th dimension where they can observe us but we can't see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology