U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 10:08 PM

5,170 posts, read 3,728,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Are we human beings responsible for Global Warming or does mother nature take care herself ( on climate issues ) regardless of our actions ?
I mean there have being ice age then hot deserts in the history of our planet without human being getting involved in the process.
yawn ,,,

the science is settled. To whit, the science is NOT settled,

Yet another thread where everyone can call eachother names,

BORING !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 10:44 PM

5,513 posts, read 2,594,433 times
Well, humans are pumping 36.7 billion metric tonnes of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere annually. CO2 is a powerful green house gas so are we really contributing to global warming? Or maybe just causing it outright?

Old 01-29-2015, 11:45 PM

33,150 posts, read 39,115,002 times
Whether Global warming is happening or not The outcome of taking it seriously is a cleaner/greener Earth, the result of doing nothing thinking it all to be a hoax results in the ever increasing use of fossil fuels and whatever climactic consequences that go with it.
I think erring on the side of caution would be the logical course of action..

Old 01-30-2015, 06:01 PM

2,762 posts, read 2,625,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I believe in climate change. I am leaning towards the fact that it's man-made, although I am keeping an open mind about that.

However, I do believe the climate will change one way or the other and rather than debate it to death, I think we'd do a lot better to shut up and just prepare for it. I read somewhere that the Little Ice Age in Europe was in full swing after only ten years, so we might not have a lot time to prepare when climate change is already here if we keep stalling. One thing I read is that when a major climate change in imminent, the weather stutters. It will go from one extreme to the other, from very hot to very cold for a while. Maybe that's what's happening now. Anyway, that's just what I think.

Yeah, but there must be credible numbers to prove that. Winters a typically cold and summers get hot at times.
Quote:
That was a cold winter, and that was a hot summer, must be global warming....
That does not work, need credible numbers for analysis....

Old 01-30-2015, 10:33 PM

4,680 posts, read 2,305,654 times
I picked up a couple books on weather and found that. For the record, I really check out the books before I put any stock in them. There are a lot of nitwits out there writing books on viruses, weather, ghosts and what have you that are totally off the wall. After I've read a dozen or so books on a subject, I can check what a new author is saying against what I know and if he is in line with what other experts are saying and then introduces a new fact, I tend to believe it more. But I always, always have to keep an open mind, because the books I read in the library are usually a couple years behind current knowledge and things change so fast.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:46 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,357,583 times
People who believe in climate change do not understand how information technology advances and the impact it will have.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:17 PM

3,579 posts, read 2,648,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Are we human beings responsible for Global Warming or does mother nature take care herself ( on climate issues ) regardless of our actions ?
I mean there have being ice age then hot deserts in the history of our planet without human being getting involved in the process.
Nowhere in the geologic record is there a time where the rate of warming has been what we have seen in the last 150 years. That rate of increase in global temperatures coincides with the rate of increase in human industrial emissions. You cannot pump billions of tons of ghgs each year into the atmosphere and not have an effect.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:18 PM

3,579 posts, read 2,648,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
People who believe in climate change do not understand how information technology advances and the impact it will have.
What does that even mean?

Old 01-31-2015, 07:45 PM

902 posts, read 487,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Is this based off of a study or are you just making stuff up?

Old 02-01-2015, 04:13 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,534,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
No, I don't believe in man made Global Warming, partly for the reasons you state. Here is what a former Green Party member from the UK learned about man made Global Warming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIRyZevAYPU

This is David Icke....A few screws seem to loose.

David Icke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2BrDe-rrRA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or