U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 07:59 AM

3,975 posts, read 3,145,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Straw man argument. Only ignorant people think that race is defined by skin color. Most wouldn't call southern Indians and sub-Saharan Africans part of the same race.

It shouldn't be unexpected that in a thread that discusses the science behind human variation, we'd have some shrill know nothings drop by to inject, "That's racist!" into the mix.
What's ironic is that they are usually the ones who scream or excessively use the word "ignorant" to describe others while they are the ones who are truly ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 08:29 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
What white people did to Aboriginals is an atrocity.
It wasn't right by 2015 rules. But it wasn't just a "white" thing. Look at what Boko Harum's doing to other Black people IN 2015. Look at what China did to Tibet 60 years ago. Look what Rwanda's crazy Hutus did to that country Tutsis 20 years ago and so on.

I've never killed an Indian and I've never owned a slave. I DON'T believe in collective guilt based on something I had nothing to do with, that was Hitler's and IS lil Kim's thing. Hell; MY people the "Irish" we had a real bad go of it with the English till not long ago. So what? It is what it is and, we get along pretty damn well together in 2015. lol

Old 03-07-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
That is an often repeated nugget of propaganda that is completely pointless as no one seriously thinks that race is defined by skin color alone. People of sub-Saharan descent have physical features that group them together as a race. An albino Black person isn't considered White, just because his skin is pale.
Agreed and, that pasty white skin "Black" dude could be in some serious trouble walking through Detroit in 2015. Racism goes both ways and a LOT of it is based on just skin color for some racists, especially within the "Hispanic" world.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:03 AM

2,856 posts, read 1,568,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and, that pasty white skin "Black" dude could be in some serious trouble walking through Detroit in 2015. Racism goes both ways and a LOT of it is based on just skin color for some racists, especially within the "Hispanic" world.
That albino guy is from Africa and he has much more to worry about living there than he would in Detroit. In many parts of Africa, albinos are chopped up and their body parts sold to be used in potions.

The albino tribe butchered to feed a gruesome trade in 'magical' body parts | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Branded a 'ghost' on account of her striking white skin, Mariam Emmanuel had been chased through her African village, in a remote corner of Tanzania, by a bloodthirsty mob.

Exhausted and terrified, the five-year-old slumped in the dust at the end of an alley. She whimpered and cowered while the adults surrounded her and sharpened their knives and machetes.

Then they set to work, butchering her and dividing up her remains between themselves.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I DON'T believe in collective guilt based on something I had nothing to do with, that was Hitler's and IS lil Kim's thing.
I don't understand why you're dragging lil Kim into this?

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 03-07-2015 at 11:45 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 09:21 AM

Being Albino is not easy anywhere in the world, but especially harsh in Africa.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:

I've never killed an Indian. lol
Have you lived in India for a long time? If not, then why would you have the opportunity to kill Indians.

Oh, you mean Native Americans? If so, say so.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:26 AM

11,780 posts, read 8,217,368 times
Quote:
Straw man argument. Only ignorant people think that race is defined by skin color. Most wouldn't call southern Indians and sub-Saharan Africans part of the same race.

It shouldn't be unexpected that in a thread that discusses the science behind human variation, we'd have some shrill know nothings drop by to inject, "That's racist!" into the mix.
Tbh, this thread does seem to have a thinly veiled racist element to it. How many posts in this thread even have anything to do with Australoids and their genetic lineage? This particular sub-forum is a notorious haven for racist ideology, so what could be an interesting discussion about anthropology and human evolution often fails to discuss the issue(s) from a subjective and objective standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

That is actually not true.

Most black americans are between 10-20% European and 80% SSA.

You sound kind of silly distancing yourself from your African ancestors.
As I posted earlier, the average is about 30% or so.

Quote:
That's not what most depictions show. You must be many years removed from following these types of subjects. Nowadays, Neanderthals are reconstructed to have light skin and often with lighter hair and even light eyes. In the past, what you wrote would be true, but not today...
But that isn't scientifically accurate. The gene for light eyes is a mutation that occurred around 10K years ago, but neanderthals died out 40K years ago. Skin and hair genes are thought to come from neanderthals, supposedly there was some sort of evolutionary advantage, but I don't think any research says lighter eyes are tied to the neanderthals.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Have you lived in India for a long time? If not, then why would you have the opportunity to kill Indians.

Oh, you mean Native Americans? If so, say so.
Just stop it, please. I've NEVER killed anybody, even a American Indian. Sheesh! Too; they also came from Asia in different waves so I'm 100 percent sure the different tribes offed each other as well over the years.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
That albino guy is from Africa and he has much more to worry about living there than he would in Detroit. In many parts of Africa, albinos are chopped up and their body parts sold to be used in potions.

The albino tribe butchered to feed a gruesome trade in 'magical' body parts | Daily Mail Online
Def straight up racism IMHO even tho the albinos are just as "Black" going by DNA as their dark skin brothers and sisters. Sick, just sick. They way those kids are murdered in cold blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or