U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 12:18 PM

3,313 posts, read 3,317,239 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am Mary and I am from 1990. I still use my 2 Ipod Nanos when I work out. I would like to start using my Samsung Note to listen to music.

I know I can figure out how to transfer my music from my Ipods to my computer to my phone, that's a whole other mountain I need to climb someday.

For now, I'm thinking of starting out by using YouTube, although I'm so afraid it will eat up all my data on a single walk - ??

Can you give me some other suggestions of ways to listen to music on my phone, maybe download a playlist or something so it doesn't eat up my data?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 02:17 PM

9,597 posts, read 9,433,671 times
The YouTube ads will drive you crazy. I'm in IT and up on technical things but I don't actually USE any mobile stuff personally. Not for entertainment anyway. I suspect most people you see listening to music at the gym are not streaming data but are using playlists. I could be wrong. Live365 have pretty good stations you can stream and they have bandwidth options. Others use Pandora, GrooveShark, LAST FM. It can't be all that difficult to get your playlists off your Nano's.

H

Old 03-06-2015, 02:42 PM

3,421 posts, read 2,903,122 times
Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9BVZd8EL0U

If this doesnt work, you might want to try reposting in the technology forum.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:16 PM

8,868 posts, read 7,353,342 times
If your gym has wifi, try using an online music app. Some are merely apps that allow you to select traditional radio stations. Some are subscription based services like Pandora. What's good about Pandora is if a song comes on that you don't like, you can thumbs down click the song and it'll instantly skip the song and not play it for you again. If you select thumbs up, it'll use your selection to better pick songs to play for you.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:38 PM

37,072 posts, read 38,323,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post

Can you give me some other suggestions of ways to listen to music on my phone, maybe download a playlist or something so it doesn't eat up my data?
Don't use youtube as video takes up much higher rate of bandwidth, use an audio only service like Pandora.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:37 PM

3 posts, read 1,613 times
Spotify is cheap every month and they have music pretty much the day it comes out. You can download a playlist you make so you can play it offline and not use any data. Then you can log in on a computer and use the same account to listen that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology