Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:42 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
The Ta Prohm Temple carving at the Angkor Wat complex in Cambodia is not likely a dinosaur. There are just too many things wrong about that notion. I notice that the images you posted tend to be from religious websites. Why no images from natural history websites? So what do you think the image represents, and why?

I told you, I googled "Dinosaurs drawing ancient civilizations" got many results. I think I have seen stuff like that in museums as well.

Are you saying it's all circumstantial and sensationalism ?

Old 03-23-2015, 11:11 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I told you, I googled "Dinosaurs drawing ancient civilizations" got many results. I think I have seen stuff like that in museums as well.

Of course there are museums that display such historical artifacts like that. I don't know of any claiming them as evidence that dinos and humans coexisted though. The Ta Prohm carving is unique, in that there is nothing else like it found anywhere else in the entire Angkor Wat complex, which is spread out over an enormous area in northern Cambodia. As large as the complex is, one would think there'd be a few others around. Anyway, you didn't answer the question. What do you think the image represents and why? Do you think it represents a dinosaur? And if so, what kind?

Old 03-23-2015, 11:50 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:

Yes, I think that is the best working hypothesis.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:18 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:
I googled "Dinosaurs drawing ancient civilizations" there is plenty of it:
1. Armadillo
2. Fanciful snake-dog, looks about as much like a dinosaur as I do.
3. Fanciful rendering of a hippo

Old 03-24-2015, 01:36 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:

^ Here is an area where some art history may come in useful (and i will conceded that there may not be many of them!)

I see some worshiped animals drawn out of proportion in piety. Probably some extinct animals we don't even know about and perhaps some mythical monsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
1. Armadillo
2. Fanciful snake-dog, looks about as much like a dinosaur as I do.
3. Fanciful rendering of a hippo
^ EXACTLY!

Old 03-24-2015, 04:25 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Would googling "reptilian cities inside hollow earth" and getting results make reptilians a science topic ?
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology