U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 02:06 AM

21 posts, read 19,963 times

Advertisements

Do you know of any companies that can store our clinic's data? It has to be reliable and secure. I prefer if the company has something specially made for clinics or practices. I'd like to be able to access my patients' records wherever I am. And I think that it's about time that our records go paperless.

It doesn't matter if the price is above average as long as the performance and reliability is above average too. Any ideas, suggestions, advice? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 11:37 AM

15,924 posts, read 16,853,526 times
HIPAA Compliant Medical Image Storage and Backup - ClearDATA

Groupware Technology - Specialized Practices

HIPAA Compliant Cloud Storage | Data Security | CareCloud

Healthcare data storage options

HIPAA Best Practices Checklist - Iron Mountain

Old 04-29-2015, 09:13 AM

21 posts, read 19,963 times
Thank you for your suggestions.
I met with a friend earlier and she recommended this company's healthcare IT solutions. Have you ever heard of them?
I'll put your and my friend's suggestions in a list and call the companies some time next week. I hope everything turns out okay.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:29 AM

6 posts, read 2,602 times
Hi, Ethelinda yes, I heard there are professionals who handle those issues. I really do not know much about IT concerns but you are correct to try and consider your friend's recommendation to be able to ensure a data protection for your clinic.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:14 AM

3,911 posts, read 7,545,520 times
Ethlinda - are you in charge of IT Security for your organization? Or is there a group that is? If so, you should first talk to them. They can provide all the guidance and requirements. That last thing you want is to sign a contract for a service but then have to amend or even cancel the contract because of some small, but critical, oversight.

If you are in charge (even if your background isn't in IT), or simply don't have an internal resource to go to, make sure you chose a vendor that can provide the necessary regulatory/compliance guidance (as opposed to a DIY type). You'll pay more for those, but the expertise you have access to can make life easier in the long run.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:16 AM

287 posts, read 381,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Ethlinda - are you in charge of IT Security for your organization? Or is there a group that is? If so, you should first talk to them. They can provide all the guidance and requirements. That last thing you want is to sign a contract for a service but then have to amend or even cancel the contract because of some small, but critical, oversight.

If you are in charge (even if your background isn't in IT), or simply don't have an internal resource to go to, make sure you chose a vendor that can provide the necessary regulatory/compliance guidance (as opposed to a DIY type). You'll pay more for those, but the expertise you have access to can make life easier in the long run.
This is good advice. My inclination would be an on-site solution to remove any legal/corporate headaches and to provide greater hardware and software control, but I'm not sure if it's the right solution for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or