Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about sex with robots? (Assume you can own, rather than rent). Poll is anonymous. Ch
It does not strike me as odd in sci-fi, but when I think about the idea in real life, it seems weird/creepy. 0 0%
It seems weird/creepy to me, whether in sci-fi or in real life. 0 0%
I have no significant feelings about it, but I can't think of any circumstances in which I would seriously try it. 1 14.29%
I don't really know how I would feel about it, but I might be willing to try it at some point. 1 14.29%
Seems like it might be weird/creepy, but I'd be willing to give it a try, just to see. 0 0%
Seems like it might be fun. I'd give it a try, under the right circumstances. 2 28.57%
I would definitely like to try that. 4 57.14%
I might like it someday, with realistic androids, but with current robot tech, it seems creepy. 2 28.57%
I've tried sex with a realistic doll, but it seemed creepy. I might like a robot better. 0 0%
Robot sex? Already been there, done that. 0 0%
Fine for other, but not for me. 2 28.57%
It is immoral and should be outlawed. 0 0%
It is immoral and/or a bad idea, but should not be outlawed. 0 0%
It is not immoral. 3 42.86%
It is probably, overal, a danger to society. 0 0%
It is probably, overall, not a danger to society. 3 42.86%
It will probably have a lot of benefits for society. 4 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 06:45 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,733,461 times

Advertisements

Kinda late for this, given that it is such an old thread, but I added a poll. There are lots of options, and you can select as many options as you want.

Despite having lots of options, I don't pretend that it is even remotely close to being comprehensive. I just wanted to hit a few of the themes that have been discussed in this, and other, threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
OK so what if the body fluids are positive for HIV, Hepatitis B or C, Gonorrhea or Syphilis or any other STD?
All things considered, I think that robot prostitution and/or an increasing market for privately-owned domestic robots with sexual functions will probably improve public health from a body-fluids point of view. Yeah, some people could potentially catch something from an improperly cleaned robot, but I think the overall risk is far lower than the risks from human prostitution (especially so long as prostitution remains illegal and is largely a form of exploitation). Overall, I would bet that sex robot prostitutes are a about a million times safer to touch than the average door knob.

Last edited by Gaylenwoof; 09-28-2018 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 06:33 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
So a new thread was started over in the Politics forum. I think my predictions are basically becoming true, although I don't know to what extent AI is playing a role in these brothels:
The sex doll brothels did not open us as planned in Canada or NY.

Aura Dolls' sex doll brothel did not open up its doors

Sex doll brothel won’t open in planned North York location, after all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology