Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 11:08 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times

Advertisements

I have the same phone for 5 years. My father passed away 5 years ago and I still have his Voice Mails, saved. Perhaps I need to state a thread on "how to" record those voice mails so I can have them permanently. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 11:21 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
I dont really care, to be honest.
I mean, my life consists of going to work, school, home, maybe the beach, maybe some restaurants. Try and take a domestic out-of-state vacation every year, etc. So what if my government is keeping track.... If I truly wanted to be untraceable I'd just leave my cell home and go out and about and do my thing

Old 09-27-2016, 11:48 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
I had my phone with me when I took a dump this morning. Who do I contact to ask if they can give me their analysis of my movement? It is a good indication of a persons health.

Anyone monitoring me at NSA can send me a DM.

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:45 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,573,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
What about dumb phones? Are they also susceptible?
by nature of how cellular communication works the fone company would have to know what cell-fone tower you are near in order to route the call successfully. prior to gps and cameras being standard my old fone would use navigation by calculating cell tower triangulation to estimate my location and provide directions.

who is this thread for. are there any intelligent westerners that have been using smart-fones for 10 years actually confused that certain individuals need to be able to access location in order for one to post geo-tagged photos of their food via ultra-wide band 4g internet connection ?

fyi: i lose my fone occasionally and so i have to log into androidlost.com in order to get a map of where my fone was before it ran out of battery.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:23 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,663,918 times
I could care less if I'm being tracked.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:28 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,303,369 times
"Billy is spending an awfully long time in that public restroom. Do you think he might be doing drugs?"

Old 09-27-2016, 02:54 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Or meeting George Michael.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:33 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
I could care less if I'm being tracked.
Why?

Old 09-27-2016, 03:37 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Then feel free to leave your stuff out there wide open for the NSA to see. Your choice.
Yeah. I am sure they are very interested in my phone conversations, emails, browsing history. Boy, they sure could make a great case out of all of it. I can see the headlines now "Florida Man Indicted On Conspiracy Charges - Making Lunch Plans With Other Conspirators"

Old 09-27-2016, 03:40 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, I got annoyed with myself for carrying my phone everywhere, especially on walks. Why do I need a phone? If I drop dead of a heart attack, someone will come across my carcass, and likely they'll have a phone. I like to check the time, but hey, they make these things called watches. I could get one.

So, a couple of weeks ago I am on vacation with a friend who has two dogs. I'm an early riser, she is not. When I said I was going to take a walk on the beach in the morning, she said, "Can you take Louie with you?" I said sure, would be nice to walk a dog. I only have cats.

I left the house, deciding to leave the phone home, because why would I need it? Well, I would have needed it because Louie took exception to walking with me, and as I led him up over the dunes, he suddenly slipped his head out of his collar and ran like a bat out of hell for the road. There I am, trying to chase a dog that I cannot possibly catch, in a place he doesn't know how to get back to, and I can't even call my friend to come out and try to lure her dog back. He got about a quarter mile down the road, and my yells brought out a few people who helped sort of herd him into a yard where there was another dog, and when he went to sniff that dog, the owner grabbed him for me. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. I CARRIED him back to the house. I will never ever again take another person's dog for a walk, but if I did, I would take my phone.
The NSA made note of that incident according to some posters here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology