U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 01:55 PM

30 posts, read 12,201 times

Advertisements

In math there is a concept "Fourier analysis"

The meaning of the following:
You spread out the schedule on the exchange of price movement in the "Fourier series".
Each series - is a harmonic frequency, which shows the investment period.
You buy and sell shares at these harmonic frequencies, you get a million dollars ...
-------------------------------------------------- ----
Some hardware vendors even include a "Fourier analysis" in its program to sell more expensive.

==================================
In fact, it will not work
(It can be proved mathematically)

It's a pity!

Old 01-30-2017, 02:48 PM

425 posts, read 110,857 times
The need is to remove risk, the methodology is to be close to the market physically, and to be able to respond to changes quickly. Merely skimming off a trend can be very valuable. A few milliseconds ahead of the public, and you can clean up. Locations near exchange servers are very expensive, and not available to the public. The last great mathematical attempt to remove risk from investments almost took down the worlds economy.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
The need is to remove risk, the methodology is to be close to the market physically, and to be able to respond to changes quickly. Merely skimming off a trend can be very valuable. A few milliseconds ahead of the public, and you can clean up. Locations near exchange servers are very expensive, and not available to the public. The last great mathematical attempt to remove risk from investments almost took down the worlds economy.
No, the question here is absolutely mathematical.

You are talking about the technical analysis of stock markets.
There are many: EMA, MACD, oscillators, Elliott waves, candlestick ...
as well as given me "Fourier analysis"

------------------------------------------
I contend that "Fourier analysis" would not work.
This can be proved mathematically and easy

Old 01-30-2017, 03:56 PM

27,606 posts, read 41,779,990 times
I don't think there is math or formula behind it.
What you need is to have a good understanding of the markets, their trends and how the markets and individual stocks react to news. You need to have the time to follow the financial news and your stock trades. You need to start your day by learning what news is affecting the markets, and what economic reports are being released, and when. Then take some time to read the news that has caused the price increase, and decide if you believe the jump in price is justified.
It's a time and patience investment. And lots of knowledge.
Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-30-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I don't think there is math or formula behind it...
It's right.
But sellers still sell trading systems, which are integrated in the "Fourier analysis".
I just can mathematically prove that the system will not work

Old 01-30-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGK67 View Post
No, the question here is absolutely mathematical.

You are talking about the technical analysis of stock markets.
There are many: EMA, MACD, oscillators, Elliott waves, candlestick ...
as well as given me "Fourier analysis"

------------------------------------------
I contend that "Fourier analysis" would not work.
This can be proved mathematically and easy
You were given an answer, but don't like it. Called the Black–Scholes equation. The formula is below attached as a thumbnail, expressed as a partial differential equation. The story about how it nearly destroyed our economy is here - https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-credit-crunch

A discussion of it is here - The Black Scholes Equation: How Math Affects Our Economy - Advanced Math TutoringAdvanced Math Tutoring

If you understand what an FFT is, you should be able to understand this being a member of the very famous series of related equations which won it's authors a Nobel prize. http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_priz...press.html]The Prize in Economic Sciences 1997 - Press Release

This stuff is old. Application is rough as it is well understood, best used if you are very very proximal physically to a market server with very very fast hardware.
Attached Thumbnails
Math for winning on the stock exchange-black-scholes.png.bmp  

Old 01-30-2017, 05:02 PM

Fast Fourier Transform, as a special case of the discrete Fourier transform ... which are used in numerical methods.
-----------------------------------
But the answer is simple and it is not necessary to spend money for the Nobel Prize.
any student of the 2nd year of high school USSR knows

1. Arrange to "Fourier series" can only be a periodic function.
Only in the "Fourier series" can be identified harmonic, which is the idea, should give investment periods ...
In other words - a discrete spectrum

2. The movement of stock prices is not a periodic function (in other words - the period tends to infinity)
Therefore, it can be expanded only in "The Fourier Integral", which is impossible to distinguish the harmonic
In other words - a continuous spectrum

--------------------------------------------------
That's all solution.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Fast Fourier Transform, as a special case of the discrete Fourier transform ... which are used in numerical methods.
-----------------------------------
But the answer is simple and it is not necessary to spend money for the Nobel Prize.
any student of the 2nd year of high school USSR knows

1. Arrange to "Fourier series" can only be a periodic function.
Only in the "Fourier series" can be identified harmonic, which is the idea, should give investment periods ...
In other words - a discrete spectrum

2. The movement of stock prices is not a periodic function (in other words - the period tends to infinity)
Therefore, it can be expanded only in "The Fourier Integral", which is impossible to distinguish the harmonic
In other words - a continuous spectrum

--------------------------------------------------
That's all solution.
No, the signal source is too complex and not predictable. Hundreds of millions of transactions per second, made half by artificial intelligence programs, and at varying distances from the main server, with hundreds of thousands of discrete sources producing random signals and non-random signals. The percentage that is truly random exceeds 20%. An FFT can't make intelligence of non-repeating, non-predictable randomness. It isn't a repeating, or natural signal, it isn't a signal of a system which requires self consistency. The correct solution, and the one used for decades is well understood, and it is the calculation of risk on any trade. The better risk is understood and mitigated, the more profitable a transaction can be made.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
...The correct solution...

if it was, then the owner of any of your wonderful program, would become a millionaire.
Where are they?
--------------------
Artificial intelligence..
It was fashionable in the late '90s, today nobody cares, because lost all the money.
Will not work because:
- The movement of share prices - this is a random phenomenon.
- There is no trend (trend can be seen when it is already over)
- Mathematical solutions are "to solve the problem within the framework of a model with an acceptable level of profitability and risk" .. But the market does not understand these concepts
----------------------------------
I worked on the Moscow Stock Exchange 1995-1998 year.
Market shares and government bonds.
I am a programmer, writing programs of technical analysis.
So what about the stock trading issues we can discuss.

You really worked on the Exchange?

--------------------------------------------
As for Fourier analysis, I gave an answer and I will not discuss it more

I wonder when I will give the right to insert a picture and a video on a forum?

Last edited by AGK67; 01-31-2017 at 06:07 AM..

Old 01-31-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:

if it was, then the owner of any of your wonderful program, would become a millionaire.
Where are they?
I wonder when I will give the right to insert a picture and a video on a forum?
There are quite a few, did you read the link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology