U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 04:04 PM

1,167 posts, read 501,772 times

Advertisements

Type c is actually the new standard for phones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 AM

176 posts, read 39,014 times
I feel your pain (somewhat).

I only have 1 laptop, so its obvious what the laptop cord looks like, and hence, what one would charge the laptop. So there is no confusion between this and a tablet or iPod.

With my tablet, I only have 1 tablet (currently) so its obvious what the tablet charger looks like. But, I leave cord attached to that thing you put it in into the wall. But, if I were to take it out, it looks similar to my iPod cord so it gets confusing sometimes.

iPods & Smartphones -- I have 2 different types of iPods, and iPhone 5C. At one point when I had iPhone 4, it was same charger as iPods so it didnt make a difference (obviously). But now that iPhone 5C has micro cord at the one end, its obvious what one is phone cord vs ipod. The iPods use the same cord though. Its obvious between iPod and iPhone 5C because I do not have the iPods that use a micro cord at the one end (to plug in). My iPods are not the new/newer ones but I do assume the new/newer ones have the micro usb at one end. My 2 iPods - I still have my iPod from years ago that is 2 gb, nano, and only came in black or white only. My other iPod is the 160 gb classic. I do have a 3rd iPod but gave it to my mom - she is in her middle 50s so does not need iPod or any of the new ones because its fancy, so I gave her an old one because its basic (aka with wheel). Its easy for someone her age or even like her that needs basic iPod. Plus a 2nd thing is amount of times she uses it, so its 2 in 1 (kinda). But for that iPod it was same cord as other 2, so I already had cord to give her as well.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:46 AM

1,134 posts, read 712,035 times
Didn't go all Android, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology