U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 03:05 AM

1,888 posts, read 2,335,153 times

Advertisements

Actually, you did say this...
Quote:
Dollard and his longitudinal waves or whatever he calls them is trying to create a dimension that just is not there.
If I remember what I read correctly, Tesla was the one who said they were longitudinal and Dollard was following his experiments. How do you know it is "trying to create a dimension that just is not there". This is what I meant previously because it is not currently taught/accepted that electricity moves in this way so this is orthodox science speaking, is it not?

Quote:
The tower Tesla built to put energy in the air would have been a huge environmental problem and would have prevented a lot of radio transmission...
Not so, IIRC since Tesla claimed there was no effect in between the transmitter and receiver but only at the receiver. This energy does not act the same as the electricity or radio waves we know today. Hard to believe I know but if his experiments are anything to go by, it would seem he (Eric Dollard, and others who 'dicovered' this energy) are correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 09:09 AM

14,965 posts, read 44,555,456 times
Tesla was talking about multiphasic electricity, which is a whole different thing.

As for Wardenclyffe, if the resonance of the earth was all that was required to send the energy and transmissions, there would be no need for a tower, would there? Notice the illustrations of the time with the emanations of electric energy clearly shown. Now look up the complaints about HAARP.

https://www.damninteresting.com/teslas-tower-of-power/

However, I've given my warning and stated from what I have read and my experiences. I have no need to try to convince you of anything and I don't waste time arguing.

Last edited by harry chickpea; 03-02-2017 at 09:20 AM..

Old 03-05-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
However, I've given my warning and stated from what I have read and my experiences. I have no need to try to convince you of anything and I don't waste time arguing.
How magnanamous of you to give us your time, writing your warning and telling us Tesla was a charlatan. If you do not want to convince us then why make all these comments against him and his work?

From the way you write, it sounds like you think he was a con-man however he does have numerous patents and inventions to his name, many of which were for electrical devices so he obviously knew what he was doing in the electrical field. He lectured to many societies and scientists of the time who would not have bothered to turn up if they thought he was an ignorant non-academic.

I think Tesla was way ahead of his time and probably smarter than any of us on this 'science' forum. Proper scientists dont tend to frequent places like these.

Quote:
Notice the illustrations of the time with the emanations of electric energy clearly shown.
From what I read, the emanations were not normal electrical sparks but streamers of plasma many feet in length. I dont think he would have allowed dangerous electrical emanations which would have killed anyone walking nearby.

It is rumoured that the government authorities swooped in and took his notebooks after his death which suggests they wanted to see his notes and workings-out for the devices he was making. That does not bother to happen to a crank or con-man, but someone who might have discovered something which could be used for military advantage.

Previously, you said...
Quote:
Dollard and his longitudinal waves or whatever he calls them is trying to create a dimension that just is not there.
The tower Tesla built to put energy in the air would have been a huge environmental problem and would have prevented a lot of radio transmission. It was stopped for financial reasons, but be thankful it was before it caused too much harm.
Tesla was more interested in waves, periodicity and the effects of it, and effective transmission and conservation of power.

...Don't let charlatans lead you down a rabbit hole or take your money.
Why do you attack these people who are trying to advance science and trying to make life easier for all of us? What is it about their work or inventions which you think makes them con-men who we should be wary of? Since you have made these veiled accusations, please now give us some examples.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:32 AM

32,410 posts, read 32,169,980 times
Buy the book and the plans, buy the equipment and then get back to us on how it worked out.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:35 AM

14,965 posts, read 44,555,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
How magnanamous of you to give us your time, writing your warning and telling us Tesla was a charlatan. If you do not want to convince us then why make all these comments against him and his work?

From the way you write, it sounds like you think he was a con-man

...snipped...

Why do you attack these people who are trying to advance science and trying to make life easier for all of us? What is it about their work or inventions which you think makes them con-men who we should be wary of? Since you have made these veiled accusations, please now give us some examples.
You will survive longer if you don't bait the bears. I've got socks in my drawers that are older than you, my snippy friend. You saw how I was gentle with you on some of your other posts where you were in error. I don't have to be that way.

Re-read what I wrote for comprehension. In case you don't know that big word, it means trying to understand what the person actually said and not skimming and then placing some s**t that comes from your own mind into their mouth.

Tesla was one of the most brilliant men in history. He, like many brilliant people, also had quirks that had no basis in reality, especially towards the end of his life. Dollard is an opportunist quack. It is YOUR job to figure out the difference, not mine.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:09 AM

1,725 posts, read 815,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Everyone talks about how they would like to get off the Grid, have Free Energy. Nikola Tesla discovered an altenative to AC electricity ages ago, but nothing has been done to develop and progress this technology. Or... if it has, it is not out there in the public domain.

Is it so unbelievable that Nikola Tesla (and others) developed energy from "the aether"?

Reading many of Tesla's patents and the books written about his work, it does seem like he was far ahead of his time with his inventions. He discovered an alternative energy which could be transmitted across the globe without losing power. That would be amazing if we could all have energy "receivers" on our roof without the need for the unsightly high voltage cables everywhere.
The Michelson–Morley experiment showed that aether doesn't exist in 1887. So yes, it is unbelievable that Tesla developed energy from it. Also, it is physically impossible to transmit energy from one place to another without losing some to non-conservative forces.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
You will survive longer if you don't bait the bears. I've got socks in my drawers that are older than you, my snippy friend. You saw how I was gentle with you on some of your other posts where you were in error. I don't have to be that way.

Re-read what I wrote for comprehension. In case you don't know that big word, it means trying to understand what the person actually said and not skimming and then placing some s**t that comes from your own mind into their mouth.

Tesla was one of the most brilliant men in history. He, like many brilliant people, also had quirks that had no basis in reality, especially towards the end of his life. Dollard is an opportunist quack. It is YOUR job to figure out the difference, not mine.
Survive? Survive what?
Yes you are being both condesending and patronising because my opinion does not match with yours.

Your attacks on Tesla and Eric Dollard are pointless and place you in a very poor light. One of your tricks is to agree that tesla was a brilliant man and then go on to suggest that some of his ideas had 'no basis in reality' later in life. In my opinion, you are doing a 'hatchet job' on his reputation. Why say he was a brilliant man.... and then suggest that he may have gone a little 'quirky' towards the end of his life. As if we are supposed to conclude from your statements that it makes ALL of his inventions and discoveries null and void just because the poor guy might have had a touch of Altzheimers. There are probably devices he invented still being used by the military at this moment (since they stole his notebooks after his death).

Old 03-09-2017, 02:57 AM
Yac

5,302 posts, read 5,465,391 times
So, instead of discussing like scientists should be, you decide it would be better to fight over Tesla ? I'm sure he'd appreciate that
And yes, this is sarcasm. Please calm down and focus on the topic, not other members.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology