U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2017, 03:28 AM
 
Location: China
1,938 posts, read 2,356,946 times
Reputation: 1711

Advertisements

Everyone talks about how they would like to get off the Grid, have Free Energy. Nikola Tesla discovered an altenative to AC electricity ages ago, but nothing has been done to develop and progress this technology. Or... if it has, it is not out there in the public domain.

Is it so unbelievable that Nikola Tesla (and others) developed energy from "the aether"?

Reading many of Tesla's patents and the books written about his work, it does seem like he was far ahead of his time with his inventions. He discovered an alternative energy which could be transmitted across the globe without losing power. That would be amazing if we could all have energy "receivers" on our roof without the need for the unsightly high voltage cables everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2017, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
2,751 posts, read 3,116,967 times
Reputation: 3249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
That would be amazing if we could all have energy "receivers" on our roof without the need for the unsightly high voltage cables everywhere.
We do. They are called Solar Panels.

Tesla was not able to expand the Wardenclyffe facility to do further testing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower

It is nice to see the restoration efforts under way.
Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe

It is a shame most people know so little about such a great scientist. His quirks may have been his undoing in public image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2017, 06:42 PM
 
169 posts, read 43,294 times
Reputation: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Everyone talks about how they would like to get off the Grid, have Free Energy. Nikola Tesla discovered an altenative to AC electricity ages ago, but nothing has been done to develop and progress this technology. Or... if it has, it is not out there in the public domain.

Is it so unbelievable that Nikola Tesla (and others) developed energy from "the aether"?

Reading many of Tesla's patents and the books written about his work, it does seem like he was far ahead of his time with his inventions. He discovered an alternative energy which could be transmitted across the globe without losing power. That would be amazing if we could all have energy "receivers" on our roof without the need for the unsightly high voltage cables everywhere.
Because the money hungry oil companies doesn't want us to. It is also the reason why Edison has all the sponsorship of the electric guys back in the day. Because Tesla wants free energy for all but what good is that on evil capitalist during those times?

Yes. I think Tesla is THE inventor of all inventors. I saw a movie about him. People not knowing him and his great inventions. IF I see it I will post it. The ending says it all. From what I understand, tesla has the complete free energy diagram kept in secret, coz he does not want the greedy capitalist to find it or something.

Found it:

Tesla Files | The American Side Movie

The American Side (2016) - IMDb

The American Side Movie |

Tesla is I repeat the greatest inventor. Really admire this guy. Was so excited to see his statue in niagara falls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 06:19 AM
 
Location: China
1,938 posts, read 2,356,946 times
Reputation: 1711
Just read The Free Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity a book by Dr Peter Lindemann, written in 2000 which analyses both Tesla and Gray's very similar approaches to working with 'the aether' energies. It seems most of the 'secrets' are now out and so there is not much to block progress.

Eric Dollard is the modern guy who is often referred to when talking about Tesla experimenters. Although he has had a lot of bad press, he seems to be someone who has done many of Teslas experiments and worked out what needs to be done to get the technology working. He is a bit of a boffin though so it needs a scientific mind, which I dont have, to understand some of what he is trying to explain whereas I can just about manage to understand the Peter Lindemann book.

If you go on Aliexpress and search for Tesla Coil there are many mini Tesla Coils for sale, although I am not sure how they are used to generate energy from the aether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in northern Alabama
15,039 posts, read 44,830,424 times
Reputation: 21713
Dollard and his longitudinal waves or whatever he calls them is trying to create a dimension that just is not there.

The tower Tesla built to put energy in the air would have been a huge environmental problem and would have prevented a lot of radio transmission. It was stopped for financial reasons, but be thankful it was before it caused too much harm.

Tesla was more interested in waves, periodicity and the effects of it, and effective transmission and conservation of power.

Causality only breaks down at quantum levels, according to all empirical testing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 01:58 PM
 
32,690 posts, read 32,401,062 times
Reputation: 12755
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailene View Post
Because the money hungry oil companies doesn't want us to.
Tesla's patents have long expired, go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 02:06 PM
 
32,690 posts, read 32,401,062 times
Reputation: 12755
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailene View Post
Because the money hungry oil companies doesn't want us to.
Tesla's patents have long expired, go for it.

Furthermore any claim that it was something he never patented or they are suppressing technology would be just as ludicrous. If you invent the world's next greatest invention you have a very limited amount of time to capitalize on that by patenting it. If you do not you are running the risk of someone else making the same discovery, patenting it and capitalizing on it leaving you with $0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 03:17 PM
 
169 posts, read 43,294 times
Reputation: 222
LOL. Pretty good info about Edison basically d-bagging Tesla:

Why Nikola Tesla was the greatest geek who ever lived - The Oatmeal

It's true though. Actually don't know where I read about it but when I learned about what Edison did to Tesla, I was like, WTF.

More info on Tesla inventions:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fbi...all-lightning/

From the comments, I am not the only one to say that Tesla's inventions are subdued by evil capitalists of the time coz Tesla is ALL for FREE energy for ALL.

I've heard of death ray in sci fi movies and didn't now it was for real and that Tesla invented it. WOW.

Last edited by shailene; 03-01-2017 at 03:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 05:02 PM
 
Location: China
1,938 posts, read 2,356,946 times
Reputation: 1711
harry chickpea
Quote:
Dollard and his longitudinal waves or whatever he calls them is trying to create a dimension that just is not there.

The tower Tesla built to put energy in the air would have been a huge environmental problem and would have prevented a lot of radio transmission. It was stopped for financial reasons, but be thankful it was before it caused too much harm.
This sounds like you have not read any of the patents and literature surrounding Tesla and his discoveries. The energy he discovered was nothing like electricity as we know it because it moved from point to point instantaneously. This is what Wardencliffe tower was supposed to do - transmit energy through the earth(I think) and allow everyone to receive it with appropriate receiving equipment. He had worked out the method of doing this already and the tower was a scaling-up of his design.

The energy is said to move longitudinally along the wire and not through the movement of molecules from point A to point B. The difference is like water in a pipe(current electricity) and sound waves in air(longitudinal energy). There was no loss of power with distance.

These things might seem unlikely (to those stuck with orthodox scientific minds) because we are so used to current physics. Electricity has been common for ages so we are familiar with the way it works. However, it is possible that he and others have discovered a way of useing the aether to generate and satisfy our energy needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in northern Alabama
15,039 posts, read 44,830,424 times
Reputation: 21713
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
harry chickpea
This sounds like you have not read any of the patents and literature surrounding Tesla and his discoveries. The energy he discovered was nothing like electricity as we know it because it moved from point to point instantaneously. This is what Wardencliffe tower was supposed to do - transmit energy through the earth(I think) and allow everyone to receive it with appropriate receiving equipment. He had worked out the method of doing this already and the tower was a scaling-up of his design.

The energy is said to move longitudinally along the wire and not through the movement of molecules from point A to point B. The difference is like water in a pipe(current electricity) and sound waves in air(longitudinal energy). There was no loss of power with distance.

These things might seem unlikely (to those stuck with orthodox scientific minds) because we are so used to current physics. Electricity has been common for ages so we are familiar with the way it works. However, it is possible that he and others have discovered a way of useing the aether to generate and satisfy our energy needs.
I have read the patents and literature. I don't think I've ever been accused of having an "orthodox" scientific mind. FWIW, if you look at one of his patents that has been characterized as a "death ray" it is closer to being a Taser that then has an over-current run through the wire to vaporize it and create an ionized path capable of carrying a larger current. However, explanations like that don't sell books.

On the other side of the coin - responding to Coalman - some inventions and concepts are not made public, because of national security and military use concerns. That is as it should be. Imagine the consequences of someone finding out that mixing baking soda and vinegar could make a weapon of mass destruction. (I use baking soda and vinegar as an example of commonly available materials, not because they do anything more than foam when combined.)

You like the bizarre and what seems to be unexplained. Fine. I have a certain interest in that myself. Don't let charlatans lead you down a rabbit hole or take your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top