U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 07:14 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,591,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
I know , I've studied it in pretty good depth but it just don't add up " to my small mind that is".

If it was lowered by a rocket engine then why is there dusts on the ground within ft of the capsule?

Being lowered by a rocket does not explain how they decrease speed when they approached the moon.
Don't mix the capsule with the prob of approaching the moon at least 3500 mph and not smearing all over it .
Even if they went into a so called orbit at that speed then that creates an even bigger prob for a landing.
How the fudge do you do controlled Burst with a rocket?
Do do you shut it off? How do you reignited?
Going from earth they climb against earth's gravity until the moon's gravity takes over and start falling toward the moon. They then do a burn of the service module to place them in a lunar orbit. Land on the moon as explained above. Then take off, dock with the command module, do another burn to get out of lunar orbit, fall toward earth gaining speed. Then enter earth's atmosphere that slows them due to drag. And finally parachute in.

Yes, you can control a rocket's thrust and direction. We're not talking fireworks rockets here. Without getting into much detail, you control the amount of fuel going in using a throttle.

The basic math has been known since Newton's time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 04:01 PM

1,169 posts, read 503,035 times
Quote:
Rather mind boggling how they could set course for the earth 250k miles away and approach at an angle.
Also how did they slow down for the moon landing? It's much smaller and no atmosphere?
I can't see using jets to slow or guide them to there objective because the slightest variance would have thrown them off course to who knows where and they didn't exactly have gps.

Yes I admit I'm a moon landing doubter but I have a hard time believing they did this before the color TV was introduced.
Not mind boggling at all. Watch some videos on how orbits work. You seem to be thinking of it like landing a bullet on a ball but you're forgetting gravity does most of the work.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:38 PM

1,379 posts, read 808,942 times
Quote:
Rather mind boggling how they could set course for the earth 250k miles away and approach at an angle.
Also how did they slow down for the moon landing? It's much smaller and no atmosphere?
I can't see using jets to slow or guide them to there objective because the slightest variance would have thrown them off course to who knows where and they didn't exactly have gps.

Yes I admit I'm a moon landing doubter but I have a hard time believing they did this before the color TV was introduced.
I have 101 problems with the moon landing, I only believe it because you just cant keep a secret, after all these decades someone would have talked.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:16 AM

1,134 posts, read 712,661 times
How were things before they did it?

Project Apollo Reentry Simulation ~ 1965 NASA; How Atmospheric Re-entry Was Simulated in the 1960s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5SzrPdS7U

Old 03-21-2017, 05:16 PM

32,731 posts, read 32,425,519 times
Quote:
LOL, excellent point but not the way you are thinking... watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU

Old 03-24-2017, 02:46 PM

6,323 posts, read 6,641,416 times
Quote:

First color television sets were sold 50 years ago

First color television sets were sold 50 years ago
Wednesday, December 31, 2003
By Richard Powelson, Scripps Howard News Service

Color television is celebrating some 50th anniversary milestones, but many Americans did not enjoy it until the late 1960s or so, when set prices dropped and consumers heard their favorite shows were suddenly in color.

I see you also believe that color TVs didn't exist before 1970. Article from 2003.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:21 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,359,493 times
Quote:
I have 101 problems with the moon landing, I only believe it because you just cant keep a secret, after all these decades someone would have talked.
So, these strange craft whizzing about our skies are not ours then? Ahh... a believer in ALIENS, cannot have that on this forum !

If you believe they are ours, then there must have been some secrets which were successfully kept for many many years. If you believe they are ours, then you must also believe in a secret space program where we have already gone to other major stars with this technology. We do have the technology to make our lives far far better but it is STILL kept secret.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:57 PM

157 posts, read 201,555 times
You can see moon dust start to kick up at ~27 secs in this video - https://youtu.be/xLu0Ak9Blog?t=27

It increases the closer the LEM gets to the moon.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Status: "got the morning after blues, from my head down to my shoes" (set 7 days ago)

17,119 posts, read 16,532,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgriff2 View Post
You can see moon dust start to kick up at ~27 secs in this video - https://youtu.be/xLu0Ak9Blog?t=27

It increases the closer the LEM gets to the moon.

looks like sawdust and there ain't no trees on the moon

Old 04-12-2017, 02:50 PM

32,731 posts, read 32,425,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
If you believe they are ours, then there must have been some secrets which were successfully kept for many many years.
It's no coincidence that these UFO sighting began when the government began testing advanced aerospace technology. They encouraged UFO speculation and undoubtedly still do today.

The plane capable of the highest speeds and highest sustained altitudes known to the world, the SR-71, is a design that started in the late 50's. It first flew in the mid 60's. Either they have kept their secrets very well or or have not been able to exceed the performance of a plane that first flew more than 50 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology