U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 04:44 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,547,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
looks like sawdust and there ain't no trees on the moon
Well, you might be wrong...

I found a tree on the Moon, or at least a 'stick' thing ! It was in the Lunar Orbiter photos. I am sure people will tell me that it was an on-board processing defect but I could not find another good enough image of that area to debunk it. Of course, that does not mean it exists, but it is an interesting possibility.

See here in CD Space forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 12:33 AM

1,253 posts, read 808,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
Rather mind boggling how they could set course for the earth 250k miles away and approach at an angle.
Also how did they slow down for the moon landing? It's much smaller and no atmosphere?
I can't see using jets to slow or guide them to there objective because the slightest variance would have thrown them off course to who knows where and they didn't exactly have gps.

Yes I admit I'm a moon landing doubter but I have a hard time believing they did this before the color TV was introduced.
Quote:
Although all-electronic color was introduced in the U.S. in 1953,[2] high prices and the scarcity of color programming greatly slowed its acceptance in the marketplace. The first national color broadcast (the 1954 Tournament of Roses Parade) occurred on January 1, 1954, but over the next dozen years most network broadcasts, and nearly all local programming, continued to be in black-and-white. In 1956 NBC's The Perry Como Show became the first live network television series to present a majority of episodes in color. CBS's The Big Record, starring pop vocalist Patti Page, was the first television show broadcast in color for the entire 1957-1958 season; its production costs were greater than most movies were at the time not only because of all the stars featured on the hour-long extravaganza but the extreme high intensity lighting and electronics required for the new RCA TK-41 cameras. It was not until the mid-1960s that color sets started selling in large numbers, due in part to the color transition of 1965 in which it was announced that over half of all network prime-time programming would be broadcast in color that autumn. The first all-color prime-time season came just one year later.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_television

I think you have a problem with checking your data.

They slowed down with rockets. Newton's 3rd Law

https://spaceflightsystems.grc.nasa....rinciples.html

Old 05-28-2017, 10:16 AM

1,253 posts, read 808,080 times
Quote:
I have a hard time believing they did this before the color TV was introduced.
If you are talking about color TV from the Moon, wouldn't a color camera be heavier than a black&white camera? So maybe they compromised because of weight.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman
It's no coincidence that these UFO sighting began when the government began testing advanced aerospace technology.
NO, this is not true. UFOs have been seen for thousands of years and have been documented in ancient texts. Ancient mariners have seen glowing balls emerge from the sea and shoot off. Of course, they MIGHT have been making it up.

To reach the Moon, I think they may have had 'help' from other technologies which would account for many of the arguments such as the amount of computing power available (to the public) at that time.

Besides, it does not really matter if we actually got to the Moon or not. THAT is not the big issue but possibly just one of many lies the public have been told over the years.

I think we need to focus on the large issues and not get distracted into every small matter which pops up. Rather than being a believer in the moon landing hoax, it would be better to concentrate energies into other wider more important issues.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 05-28-2017 at 06:57 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 09:13 AM

34,367 posts, read 34,471,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Besides, it does not really matter if we actually got to the Moon or not. THAT is not the big issue but possibly just one of many lies the public have been told over the years.
Do you understand the paradox of this argument? You are trying to argue we did not get to the moon with well documented technology because it did not exist at the time. To believe this one also has to believe we faked it with undocumented technology no one has known to exist at the time. As the video expert in the video suggested "Wouldn't it just be easier to go to the Moon?"

Quote:
I think we need to focus on the large issues and not get distracted into every small matter which pops up. Rather than being a believer in the moon landing hoax, it would be better to concentrate energies into other wider more important issues.
Says the guy starting these types of topics.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:31 PM

2,754 posts, read 1,557,310 times
Quote:
I know , I've studied it in pretty good depth but it just don't add up " to my small mind that is".

If it was lowered by a rocket engine then why is there dusts on the ground within ft of the capsule?

Being lowered by a rocket does not explain how they decrease speed when they approached the moon.
Don't mix the capsule with the prob of approaching the moon at least 3500 mph and not smearing all over it .
Even if they went into a so called orbit at that speed then that creates an even bigger prob for a landing.
How the fudge do you do controlled Burst with a rocket?
Do do you shut it off? How do you reignited?
The LEM had 2 engines - a descent engine and an ascent engine.

You could throttle the descent engine. The ascent engine had a fixed throttle. Both were hypergolic for simplicity.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman
Do you understand the paradox of this argument? You are trying to argue we did not get to the moon with well documented technology because it did not exist at the time. To believe this one also has to believe we faked it with undocumented technology no one has known to exist at the time. As the video expert in the video suggested "Wouldn't it just be easier to go to the Moon?"
If you read my post, I said that we probably had help to get to the Moon. That means I believe we have two spacecraft sciences - one which is based on rockets and jets and the other is based on the tecnology used in the silent craft we see in the sky.

I think it is perfectly possibly that we have developed this technology since the Germans were documented as researching and developing this in WWII. Operation Paperclip brought these same Germans over to the USA to continue development here. Where is the paradox here?

Quote:
To believe this one also has to believe we faked it with undocumented technology no one has known to exist at the time.
Unfortunately, there are people who believe the far advanced technology does not exist , even now, so they will never be convinced anything else may be possible. If Roswell was a military craft, then we had this technology in 1947. If you believe it was a balloon as we were told later on, then you probably are in the group of people I referred to above.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:06 AM

1,684 posts, read 528,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
If you are talking about color TV from the Moon, wouldn't a color camera be heavier than a black&white camera? So maybe they compromised because of weight.
The color camera was heavier, and it was also more delicate. When they took the color camera onto the lunar surface for Apollo 12 the sun burned it out, and they weren't able to broadcast any video at all. If they did that on Apollo 11, they wouldn't have gotten any video of the first moonwalk.

The Cameras of Apollo

Old 06-08-2017, 05:26 AM

I think people seem to forget that many of the cameras were hasselblads and used 2.5 inch film and were strapped to their chest. They could only aim their body and click the shutter not look through the viewfinder to see what they were taking.

The Apollo images we see now are pathetically terrible and not of high quality at all. The kind of high quality you would expect from this kind of amazing top-end large-format camera and film combination. The combination is similar to what the best advertising/model photographers of the time were using but of course a different specification of film and the camera internals had been modified to include the etched crosses.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:47 PM

5,210 posts, read 5,364,225 times
Quote:
Rather mind boggling how they could set course for the earth 250k miles away and approach at an angle.
Also how did they slow down for the moon landing? It's much smaller and no atmosphere?
I can't see using jets to slow or guide them to there objective because the slightest variance would have thrown them off course to who knows where and they didn't exactly have gps.

Yes I admit I'm a moon landing doubter but I have a hard time believing they did this before the color TV was introduced.
I have a hard time believing they did that in 1969 as well considering its almost 2018 and I still can't even use my cell phone on an airplane even though the computing power in a common smartphone would have taken up a whole room 50 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology