U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 02:55 PM

4,636 posts, read 8,949,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
In your car, don't that require bluetooth? I have an FJ with an upgraded Toyota radio, it has an aux cord jack though... need to investigate that I guess.
Yes, when I get in the car, the Radio stuff, automatically pairs with my phone. Then becomes totally hands free. I will then receive any phone calls and answer, or I can call by saying *call soandso*. No texting !!
When I receive a phone call, the radio *shuts up* and comes back when the phone hangs up.

I wonder if there is a way to say, send text to *soandso* and then speak, and then send ?
After all, it knows the command *Call Soandso* !

When I use the GPS, then as mentioned above in some of my posts.

LBNL, you and *unlimited data*
We have 4 Gb between the two of us, and never have gone beyond or limit ...
While on GPS, I guess the data usage is very limited, but I do not know how it does it.
If the GPS can list the instructions, why can't the App not say it ? Just wondering ...

I am actually amazed on how easy electronics have made our life !

Last edited by irman; 03-14-2017 at 03:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 07:39 PM

4,636 posts, read 8,949,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
Yes, when I get in the car, the Radio stuff, automatically pairs with my phone.
After I pair it ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology