U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 05:36 AM

175 posts, read 57,968 times

Advertisements

Of course this is nothing new. Though some are new to this information. I came across an article some years back where this security agency was implanting chips into their employees. This was right here in the state's. Somewhere in the Midwest. I think it was Milwaukee, but honestly I can't really recall actually quite the city though it was out of the Midwest region. Though strange as it seems what took me by shock is the number at the time that had went through this procedure. The article stated that atleast 10,000 citizens had been chipped. My, God. This is a new article where this process is being done over in Europe. They actually throw parties when someone is about to get their chip implanted. Gesh. This is nothing to woot, woot about.
Cyborgs at work: employees getting implanted with chips | The Augusta Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 09:24 AM

3,811 posts, read 3,395,917 times
Microchip implanting is something usually done to animals, not humans, so it's not actually new tech.

I'd point out that the article is about someplace in Sweden. The chip being implanted is being used for identification of individuals so that the individual doesn't have to carry an ID card or a credit card. It appears to be voluntary, no one is being forced to receive this implant. And as near as I can tell from the article, the chip only operates at short range, so an individual isn't in danger of being tracked at long range, or at least, no more than the average person can be tracked via web activity, phone records, and credit card logs.

I'd not volunteer for it, but people do stranger body modifications than this. To each his own.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:52 AM

3,588 posts, read 1,235,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Microchip implanting is something usually done to animals, not humans, so it's not actually new tech.

I'd point out that the article is about someplace in Sweden. The chip being implanted is being used for identification of individuals so that the individual doesn't have to carry an ID card or a credit card. It appears to be voluntary, no one is being forced to receive this implant. And as near as I can tell from the article, the chip only operates at short range, so an individual isn't in danger of being tracked at long range, or at least, no more than the average person can be tracked via web activity, phone records, and credit card logs.

I'd not volunteer for it, but people do stranger body modifications than this. To each his own.
No but its scary because conglomerates or oligopolys will use the "your not forced to do it" argument as they completely corner the market and make peoples lives hell for non compliance ... but hey your not "forced" to do it. Its a slippery slope.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:37 AM

I must point out - the slippery slope argument is considered a logical fallacy.

However, if they ever start requiring it, give me a heads up - we can start/join the resistance movement together.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Status: "got the morning after blues, from my head down to my shoes" (set 8 days ago)

17,125 posts, read 16,547,071 times
I have enjoyed my implanted device since inception milestone

all of my productivity benchmarks have increased on average 20%

any long term memory loss has been offset by a new found appreciation of data point trending

Old 04-05-2017, 02:06 PM

11,740 posts, read 18,331,901 times
This is just another step to being transhuman by 2030

Old 04-05-2017, 10:45 PM

1,948 posts, read 2,361,806 times
Dr Roger Leir was removing 'alien' implants for years and they are nothing like the RFID microships put into animals. They often have 'connections' to nerve endings, nano structures and some even move away from the scalpel so they have some intelligence too. Thats really scary. However, if you believe there are silent craft flying in our skies which have been back-engineered from alien craft, then the aliens have been talking technology with our governments for a long, long time. Hardly surprising many of us are abducted and chipped really. Before and after implant removal

Old 04-06-2017, 12:59 PM

4,543 posts, read 6,931,425 times
So the implant helps open doors, I assume locked doors. What if the employee wants to leave the company that requires the chip implant and chooses to work for a different company? Can the chip be scanned to remove the old data or rewrite new data? Or would the chip have to be removed and replaced with a new chip by the new company?

Old 04-06-2017, 02:30 PM

No. More likely the chip has a unique identifying number that it transmits, and the security system database has an entry that shows that the ID number is valid. Employee leaves the company, someone at the company updates the data entry to show that the ID number is no longer valid.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:39 PM

4,543 posts, read 6,931,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
No. More likely the chip has a unique identifying number that it transmits, and the security system database has an entry that shows that the ID number is valid. Employee leaves the company, someone at the company updates the data entry to show that the ID number is no longer valid.
So then the chips are scanned by a reader, sort of like a scanner at a store's checkout counter (although that's optical scanning). Okay, when the employee leaves the company, the company's database shows the ID isn't in the system. So does the employee keep the same chip implanted, or does he have it removed ad replaced when changing employers? Seems to me new systems aren't always standardized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology