U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 06:00 AM

1,663 posts, read 521,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
4:19 in that video is exactly what I was talking about. Bing will throw in the results that Google censors out. So you get more complete results with Bing. Probably even more complete results with other search engines, but I find I can usually find most of it with Bing. So that's why when I see the Google results are not giving me what I'm looking for, I just type Bing, and get the rest of the results.

BTW I'm not really into conspiracy theories like in that video, so I don't mind them filtering out that crap. But a lot of relevant information gets lost with censorship like that. It's not a surprise though. Google and Facebook are the worst offenders of censorship on the internet. They have both helped the Chinese government censor their internet.

My bigger issue with Google is them turning their results into SPAM and just providing links to their advertisers. Even when that is not what you are searching for. Then the results just become total garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology