U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 06:07 PM

896 posts, read 683,314 times

Advertisements

This may not be the correct board for this, if not, please put in the correct place.

Looking for the best options out there for video surveillance for a business owner of a small town bar. Here are a few of the requirements/nice to haves.

*Ability to record and retrieve activity from all cameras for an extended time. Not sure what is typical but I was thinking at least a couple weeks to a month worth.

*ability to monitor via smart phone. (same or similar retrieval ability as the in house system would be nice)

*Indoor and outdoor. (only need a front door and back door camera outside. Idonors, can be maybe 4 cameras at the least.

*As wireless as possible.

*Quality of video is a must

*Bars are not well lit and obviously it will be a bit dark outside at night so quality night vision capabilities are kind of important

I'm not sure what else is needed or desirable or available.

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by iowa4430; 04-22-2018 at 06:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 10:13 AM

2,539 posts, read 1,754,573 times
I assume you want a DIY setup? I would start by looking on Amazon. You don't have to buy from there but you can learn a lot by reading descriptions and reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=3JM51D7G5TCRK

Use the filter settings on the left to narrow down your search.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:42 AM

4,931 posts, read 1,196,997 times
You are looking at a very expensive system!

If you notice whenever the news airs security cam footage of crimes in progress, they are usually very poor quality, grainy, out of focus, etc...there is a reason for this, its $$$.

I work a large gas station/ convenience store chain, our security system is considered high quality, but even the cameras mounted 4ft from the cash register, faces of customers show up grainy, hard to see details, and you cannot even see what denomination the bills are, etc. Ours is a DVR type system, it saves video for 3 days and then starts over, but its videoing 24/7 every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or