U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 01:30 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,977,558 times

Advertisements

Although this is what is happening in China, it will probably also be happening in other parts of the world too. I am sure there are many hi-tech companies developing this technology but do they realise they are leading us all to the slaughterhouse. Can we stop it or do we want to?

China is slightly different because the government does not have as much resistance to its policies.

Link 1

Link 2

Ever since Apple brought face recognition to the iPhone, I suspected that it was a way to log all of our facial biometric data. Currently, there are ID cards, and some passports which have biometric data but as soon as iPhones have this feature, then Android phones will need to have it too, to keep up with the trends.

Authorities across the world are in general, not able to match our faces to our identity documents, but as soon as they can, the cameras in the street will not need identity documents to be able to tell who is travelling where. Car number plates give a very rough idea of our location and destination. Once we get out of our car, we are invisible, however, cameras are everywhere and as they get better resolutions, they will be able to match faces to identities. All that is needed is to capture the CCTV data and run a match against the cellphone data which has been previously captured.

Our phones often hold personal data, such as bank details, our home addresses or payment cards. All these things can link our phone to our identity, but up until now, they have not had our face data. Now that is changing.

Welcome to another step in the total control of the world's population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 08:32 AM

785 posts, read 230,923 times
“We have met the enemy and he is us.”

Old 06-02-2018, 10:34 AM

6,098 posts, read 1,485,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
“We have met the enemy and he is us.”
No, I believe the enemies are those that strive to use this against the people, or those who strive for more control over the population....that is CERTAINLY NOT me!

Old 06-02-2018, 03:17 PM

785 posts, read 230,923 times
It’s not me either. Have you ever read that internet thing circulating about 545 *******s? It has a lot of truth to it. Unfortunately we, the citizens of the US, elected them.

http://545*******s.com

What’s that saying about the citizens being promised only representative government, not good government?

Edit: well, some auto censor in this board asterisked my text. It’s common slang for anal openings.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:49 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,977,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62
..that is CERTAINLY NOT me!
Denying any responsibility is not a good thing either because we are the collective. It is up to us to make changes on an individual level. Making choices which move us towards the kind of world we want to live in.

The Earth becomes a sum total of the energies and intentions of the people which make it up, so each one of us has a responsibility to act and think in a way which moves us collectively forward NOT backwards. We need to elect people who are good honest citizens. We need to stand up and be counted, to do what we know is right.

The pendulum swings way out to the left, only to be brought back to the right by a reaction to the extreme left swing. Isn't this what we are seeing in the political situation now? We are fed up with the corruption and deceit of those governing us and we hope the new candidate is better... but is he? I believe he thinks he can be, but whether he gets to understand the complications of the office is a completely different matter. I think he is trying his best but there are many different groups pulling him different ways. Anyway, no more talk of politics.

The point is unless something is done soon we will be like the frog in the water which is slowly being heated up and we are NOT noticing. Yet we see things in the papers and on the news every day which show us this. We are too involved with our phones, forums, TVs, politics, or whatever to really care too much. They know that and it is all about keeping us diverted, calm and thinking we cannot change things. But we can.

Do not be distracted, notice the small things such as this facial recognition which will lead to further controls.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:32 PM

6,098 posts, read 1,485,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Denying any responsibility is not a good thing either because we are the collective. It is up to us to make changes on an individual level. Making choices which move us towards the kind of world we want to live in.

The Earth becomes a sum total of the energies and intentions of the people which make it up, so each one of us has a responsibility to act and think in a way which moves us collectively forward NOT backwards. We need to elect people who are good honest citizens. We need to stand up and be counted, to do what we know is right.

The pendulum swings way out to the left, only to be brought back to the right by a reaction to the extreme left swing. Isn't this what we are seeing in the political situation now? We are fed up with the corruption and deceit of those governing us and we hope the new candidate is better... but is he? I believe he thinks he can be, but whether he gets to understand the complications of the office is a completely different matter. I think he is trying his best but there are many different groups pulling him different ways. Anyway, no more talk of politics.

The point is unless something is done soon we will be like the frog in the water which is slowly being heated up and we are NOT noticing. Yet we see things in the papers and on the news every day which show us this. We are too involved with our phones, forums, TVs, politics, or whatever to really care too much. They know that and it is all about keeping us diverted, calm and thinking we cannot change things. But we can.

Do not be distracted, notice the small things such as this facial recognition which will lead to further controls.
Things seem to get worse and worse, despite which party has majority of the power at any given time though.

Im not trying to change the subject, but the war on drugs is a HUGE issue for me, I am against it, but even though the extremely liberal Obama was in office, nothing really changed with the war, it kept going full steam, same thing now, Trump is completely different than Obama, but the drug war just keeps on going...so voting, in this regard, has accomplished nothing.

The marijuana legalization effort has seen the same thing, even though public opinion has drastically changed on this topic, the Govt insists on keeping it 100% illegal, yet people just accept this and do nothing about it? Voting hasnt changed a thing, the DEA is going to do what it wants, despite on who is in office.

I think we have really reached a point where the people must stand up and remove these agencies from power, they are not serving the public interest anymore, they are serving their own, what THEY believe is good and right...this alone is grounds for them to be removed from power, by force if necessary.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:27 AM

7,524 posts, read 1,736,597 times
Plastic surgery and facial prostheses like they use in movies are a way around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or