U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2018, 11:28 PM

214 posts, read 55,665 times

Advertisements

I'm now getting error dialogs that say my gmail is over the limit.

that's surprising since my volume is well sorted into folder and I'm religious about deleting crap emails.

anyone else have this issue?

on my end it is apparently so bad (4,000 emails) that I'm now unable to send and receive emails via outlook.

I'm not a high-volume user, so this surprises me.

anyone else have these issues?

how does one archive on outlook 2016 on an iMac? I click on archive and it essentially deletes the email highlighted at the moment. I expected a prompt to enter dates but it just removes the email in the moment.

This one has me stumped. Maybe I'm not as tech-saavy as I thought

hhhhheeeeeeelllllllp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 05:18 AM

18,481 posts, read 18,796,781 times
Is this any help?
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-chec...-quota-3572140

Old 12-10-2018, 05:33 AM

2 posts, read 70 times
hi, i also want to know the solution of above same problem.. help me too...

Old 12-10-2018, 07:46 AM

3,976 posts, read 7,633,698 times
As old_cold's linked article mentioned, you have 15GB of storage by default that is shared across various google apps. Of course, there are limits on how many emails you can send a day - but you'll typically only run into that issue if you are using gmail to blast mailing lists etc. Which I don't think is within their terms.

Most likely - it's not the number of emails you have, but potentially the attachments that it may contain or what you may have in google drive that usually take up that storage space limit. If you log into gmail and scroll down to the bottom, it will tell you how much of that 15GB have been used up. There is also a "manage" link there that will give you a summary of how that storage is used (gmail, drive, photos, etc.).

If you're using Outlook for Mac, I believe the archive function simply moves the emails to another folder that you've specified (not as powerful as it's Windows peer). You'll have to look at how you've configured Outlook to work with gmail (pop, imap, etc.) to better understand whether or not the emails are still in the cloud. There are a number of factors that goes into how best to manage your email. That said - I would look at how the storage at google is being used first. You may realize that it's not an email issue.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:51 PM

281 posts, read 118,383 times
Delete trash/junk/drafts and archived messages.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,500 posts, read 32,424,685 times
If you don't want to delete email, you can always pay for more storage. It's not that expensive. 100GB is just $2/month or $20/year.

Old Today, 01:56 AM

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I'm now getting error dialogs that say my gmail is over the limit.

that's surprising since my volume is well sorted into folder and I'm religious about deleting crap emails.

anyone else have this issue?

on my end it is apparently so bad (4,000 emails) that I'm now unable to send and receive emails via outlook.

I'm not a high-volume user, so this surprises me.

anyone else have these issues?

how does one archive on outlook 2016 on an iMac? I click on archive and it essentially deletes the email highlighted at the moment. I expected a prompt to enter dates but it just removes the email in the moment.

This one has me stumped. Maybe I'm not as tech-saavy as I thought

hhhhheeeeeeelllllllp
Have you counted all your emails? like the ones under Promotion tab and other mail folders(Sent mails, Junk, etc.)
Do you deal with a lot of attachment files? If yes, there lies your answer.
Gmail avails upto 5GB of space for free users. There is no limit on the number of emails.
As of now, i have around 6000 emails in my personal gmail account that accounts to 1.5 GB only. that is a long way before I reach the brim.

You can opt for POP access. As a result, all your emails will be moved to the Outlook/Thunderboord mailbox in your system. The Gmail mail box will be emptied.
Meanwhile, there are applications that can backup your Gmail account. You can delete your emails from the server after backing them up.

Old Today, 04:47 AM

34,104 posts, read 52,535,010 times
Google allows most users to store up to 15GB of data per account.
Did you check the Gmail storage data? What about Google Drive? Google Pictures and documents? Trash folder?
How to check:
Scroll to the bottom of your Gmail page.
On the very bottom it will say how much you used of your total allowed storage.
World, Europe, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Exercise and Fitness, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or