U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2019, 10:42 AM

5,030 posts, read 7,877,585 times

Advertisements

I didn't put this in the Paranormal section because I think it has more to do w/ Biology.

Do you believe in them? Have you ever seen yours?

If you've seen the move Us now out in theatres, it's about a family's doppelgängers who terrorize them. I liked the movie.

I'm sure there's someone out there who looks very similar to me and it would be interesting to see that person. So far, I've never seen anyone yet who does.

Legend has it that if you come face to face with your doppelgänger, it's an omen or warning of death, for both you and your twin. Because of this, if you see a replica of yourself, run for your life. ... Often, a person does not actually see their own doppelgänger, but someone else does.

Here's an interesting scientific article that explains that they're real:
https://globalnews.ca/news/2300048/y...nce-heres-why/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 04:03 AM

17,423 posts, read 52,997,585 times
The article has merit. Exact matches are unlikely though, and people often key on just a few features to recognize an individual. I had one very famous person do a double-take on me at a theatre convention, thinking I was Steven Spielberg. It was funny watching the expressions and examination and mental processes showing on their face as they figured out I wasn't.

As for the superstitions, yeah, whatever. Look what happened to Elvis!

Old 03-26-2019, 01:31 PM

517 posts, read 209,180 times
Possible with people with severe mental disorders like schizophrenia and/or epilepsy.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:14 AM

19,207 posts, read 19,370,135 times
I once had a customer invite me to his wedding because I looked enough like his sister to stand in for her because she couldn't attend

Old 03-27-2019, 05:44 AM

3,917 posts, read 716,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I didn't put this in the Paranormal section because I think it has more to do w/ Biology.

Do you believe in them? Have you ever seen yours?

If you've seen the move Us now out in theatres, it's about a family's doppelgängers who terrorize them. I liked the movie.

I'm sure there's someone out there who looks very similar to me and it would be interesting to see that person. So far, I've never seen anyone yet who does.

Legend has it that if you come face to face with your doppelgänger, it's an omen or warning of death, for both you and your twin. Because of this, if you see a replica of yourself, run for your life. ... Often, a person does not actually see their own doppelgänger, but someone else does.

Here's an interesting scientific article that explains that they're real:
https://globalnews.ca/news/2300048/y...nce-heres-why/
I have not seen mine, but I have seen other peoples. I even spoke to one because I thought she was a friend from England, and I wanted to know what she was doing in Germany at a small village Christmas market. At the same time her husband turned from the stall he had been looking at and looked at me with aggression. We laughed about it after the explanations, but my friend and this lady could have been twins.

Old 03-27-2019, 04:22 PM

No one's ever mistaken me for someone else & I've never seen anyone who looks that similar to anyone I know. I personally have a unique look, so it probably won't happen in my entire lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I once had a customer invite me to his wedding because I looked enough like his sister to stand in for her because she couldn't attend
Isn't that something. I assume you declined on being in the wedding or did you actually do it for a fun experience. I might have if I wasn't busy that day!

Old Today, 06:19 AM

19,207 posts, read 19,370,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
No one's ever mistaken me for someone else & I've never seen anyone who looks that similar to anyone I know. I personally have a unique look, so it probably won't happen in my entire lifetime.

Isn't that something. I assume you declined on being in the wedding or did you actually do it for a fun experience. I might have if I wasn't busy that day!
You assume correctly

Old Today, 07:48 AM

^ Actually, I'm sure I wouldn't AT ALL...not even for fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or