U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

34,394 posts, read 33,294,954 times

Advertisements

I don't know the right place to ask this question. I took this photo while I was shooting crow photos for the purpose of creating an abstract image out of it. I'm showing you the non-abstract/non edited image in the hope that someone can tell me what these round things are called on a wire attached to a utility pole so I can properly title the abstract version. Found another photo of them on Google Images "utility pole" search but when I went to the website of origin, the photo was no longer there. I apologize in advance if this isn't the right forum to ask the question.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM

6,149 posts, read 2,186,809 times
High voltage insulator disguised as an Illuminati mind-control device.

Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM

36,367 posts, read 54,426,563 times
https://www.nodakelectric.com/wp-con...-1200x1032.jpg

Names of parts on electric pole
World, Europe, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Exercise and Fitness, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM

33,648 posts, read 41,278,130 times
Optical Landing System for the black helicopters or a high voltage insulator. Probably the latter.

Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Optical Landing System for the black helicopters or a high voltage insulator. Probably the latter.
”Optical." Right. Anyone can see it's high microwave band. Probably used for chem trail alignment as well.

Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM

123 posts, read 89,413 times
No, no, no. You are all wrong. Those are clearly Atmospheric Modulation Coils (AMC). They "mod" the oxygen, nitrogen levels in the air to "terraform" the Earth into a more habitable planet for whatever beings placed them. Usually placed in a triangular pattern approx. 10 miles apart. Only way to disable them is to cover/encase each one in tinfoil.

Just my opinion.

G

Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM

33,648 posts, read 41,278,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Halbach View Post
No, no, no. You are all wrong. Those are clearly Atmospheric Modulation Coils (AMC). They "mod" the oxygen, nitrogen levels in the air to "terraform" the Earth into a more habitable planet for whatever beings placed them. Usually placed in a triangular pattern approx. 10 miles apart. Only way to disable them is to cover/encase each one in tinfoil.

Just my opinion.

G
"It's A Cookbook!"

Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM

4,636 posts, read 2,048,432 times
Come on guys, the OP didn't ask any weird paranoid stuff, just wanted to know what they are.

OP, these are insulators for high voltage power lines. The ridges have to do with avoiding arcs from the line to ground (for example, in the rain, that wooden pole would be electrically connected to the ground). I can't remember the details of why the insulators are ridged, or why there are multiple disks stacked.

These kinds of insulators are generally made of a ceramic material, which in this case appears to be shiny brown.

Someone with better knowledge of power lines may chime in to correct what I've put here.

Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM

No, that's all correct. We was just havin' fun.

There are zillions of insulator designs and theories. It was something of a tech war around the start of the last century, with hundreds of patented designs and such.

Now most are just boring ceramic discs and bars. The more, either the higher the voltage or the greater the environmental demand (wind, heavy rain, sticky snow and ice).

At least, so the NWO tells us.

Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM

34,394 posts, read 33,294,954 times
Thank you to everyone who answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or