U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 01:04 PM

21,455 posts, read 17,049,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
But I find it hard that this good computer tech would exist based on other tech, or I would need to see it to believe it.

The good tech isn't being made in China by people getting pennies for their work.

As an example, I can't get my iPhone to play the song I set as an alarm tone, yet they have a rover on mars being operated on earth, and they have surgeons behind computer screens directing robotic hands to do heart surgery. Consumers are not privy to what's actually out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 10:23 AM

11,286 posts, read 2,953,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The good tech isn't being made in China by people getting pennies for their work.

As an example, I can't get my iPhone to play the song I set as an alarm tone, yet they have a rover on mars being operated on earth, and they have surgeons behind computer screens directing robotic hands to do heart surgery. Consumers are not privy to what's actually out there.
Yep, they are never going to allow the general public access to such great and powerful technology, there is simply too much potential for someone to misuse or abuse it, it actually reaches the level of being a threat to national security.

Anyone who doesnt believe this should spend some time reading on the patent office and how they deal with new inventions and technology, there is strict process to determine who should have access to certain things, they look at every possible way the invention or technology COULD be used. They also factor in its impact on the economy and industry, this was created in 1951.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:42 AM

21,455 posts, read 17,049,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, they are never going to allow the general public access to such great and powerful technology, there is simply too much potential for someone to misuse or abuse it, it actually reaches the level of being a threat to national security.

Anyone who doesnt believe this should spend some time reading on the patent office and how they deal with new inventions and technology, there is strict process to determine who should have access to certain things, they look at every possible way the invention or technology COULD be used. They also factor in its impact on the economy and industry, this was created in 1951.
I think they will as it improves and becomes more mainstream. They le people buy 3 printers now, in fact Jay Leno prints out parts for his cars. To me that's a threat, because you can print anything even a gun.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 AM

5,273 posts, read 2,254,780 times
Let's first dispatch the cyborgs into positions of government and politics. They surely couldn't do worse than what we see now.

Old Today, 03:59 AM

14,649 posts, read 11,956,317 times
The militaries of the world are the ones pushing for robots; we already have many: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/mi...he-battlefield. It is just a matter of time until we give them the ability to repair or replace themselves; then the end will be near.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology