U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM

6,799 posts, read 3,752,167 times

Advertisements

On a positive note (well, not positive) my wife lost her expensive iPhone XS Max last night while she was traveling and it started to walk away on its own as I could see it through Find My Phone.

After trying to call it, etc. to see if a decent person picked it up I put it in Lost Phone mode giving contact details and offering a reward...and later scheduled a remote erase. It was last seen just outside a train station so I think someone dumped it.

While it's an expensive problem, the most important things on the phone - the pictures - were safely backed up to iCloud, and everything else was locked down.

T-Mobile was really efficient in getting me a new SIM card (and disable the old one), and I ordered a replacement on Swappa which I'll get tomorrow. T-Mobile will also block the IMEI so nobody can casually reactivate it.

So while I still hate the Apple Store's experience the ecosystem is doing as much as it could to be easy to replace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:18 AM

1,523 posts, read 2,495,393 times
I'm torn on the Apple experience. Most of our devices are in the ecosystem and it just "works", while I prefer a little more control over my devices, it is what it is. That being said, I hate going into an Apple store - I walked in this past weekend to get a watch and it was a 45 minute wait even if I already knew what I wanted. I went home, bought it online and walked into the store the next day. 5 minutes and I was done. I don't get why I can't just walk in and buy what I need - I had a 45 minute wait to purchase an iPad as well, it shouldn't take that long - I tell you what I want, someone hands it to me, I pay and walk out. I will say this though - our store is almost always packed to the gills and it's well staffed, I think they just don't know how to prioritize. I get that your average person going into an Apple store probably needs their hand to be held through the process, but they should definitely have a "line" for people who want to just walk in and walk out with their purchase.

Old Today, 02:03 PM

6,799 posts, read 3,752,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
I'm torn on the Apple experience. Most of our devices are in the ecosystem and it just "works", while I prefer a little more control over my devices, it is what it is. That being said, I hate going into an Apple store - I walked in this past weekend to get a watch and it was a 45 minute wait even if I already knew what I wanted. I went home, bought it online and walked into the store the next day. 5 minutes and I was done. I don't get why I can't just walk in and buy what I need - I had a 45 minute wait to purchase an iPad as well, it shouldn't take that long - I tell you what I want, someone hands it to me, I pay and walk out. I will say this though - our store is almost always packed to the gills and it's well staffed, I think they just don't know how to prioritize. I get that your average person going into an Apple store probably needs their hand to be held through the process, but they should definitely have a "line" for people who want to just walk in and walk out with their purchase.
In my case I was told there was an express line, they just didnít respect that.

Apple changed over 10 years ago when they became a consumer products / lifestyle company and no longer a tech company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology