U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 02:34 AM

7,342 posts, read 3,296,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This doesnt mean it will ever be available to the general public though.

The patent office has authority to suppress technology or inventions, there are specific criteria they use to determine whether to suppress or not (INvention Secrecy Act).

The patent office claims since the Invention Secrecy Act was created, it has led to over 50,000 inventions/technologies to be suppressed.
But the publications that led up to said patent are in university libraries. You might not be able to get the patent directly but you can get it through academic papers/publicaions. No military research is done in a vacuum, none of it. The military is always forced to reach out to academia. The type of people that join the military and the type of people that get degrees in physics and engineering are, for the most part, diametrically opposed. sure some of them may have done a stint but thats it.

I am big into optics and I guarantee you can find the information if you dig long and hard. You may have to fill in some gaps with your own engineering intuition but you can get 80% (or more) there with the publications.

You can also sometimes find the scientist and they will help as well so long as they were not specifically under a security clearance but most of those people got their info from someone else who was not. No one works on this stuff in a vacuum and very rarely are lifetime military members the sole creators of this tech.

THis is why guilds existed and they were also diametrically opposed to military culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It would be enough to have the information in the public domain. If there was a patent for making free energy and it was not full of expensive and hard-to-find pieces (like element 115 for example), dont you think that people would make one up for themselves?

Then, maybe they would make up a product using this form of technology inside it as a component, or change the design or even take it to another country and create it there and sell it. That has been done many times to get around patents and it is difficult to police and prosecute in other countries.

There is a guy who made a nuclear generator in his garage when he was younger. Cannot remember his name now.
The original nuclear reactor was just a giant brick structure full of unrefined nuclear material. If you get enough pitch blend there is enough radioactive material to generate heat. You can pick the stuff off the ground in colorado.

A guy refined pitch blend into metal in a wood shed.

Alot of what keeps things secret is making people believe its super hard or impossible to do this and they over hype the actual requirements required (like needing massivly super clean clean rooms), yea it has to be clean but you can simply go to a place where the air naturally cleans itslef, dont do certian things in the dust bowl, etc.

You can separate Xenon out in one stage in parts of Alaska ...

They have lasers now that will even separate isotopes of uranium.

ITs not "do it in an afternoon" easy but its not as hard as the propaganda pushers make it out to be. There are so many commodity products, CNC machining now that you can pretty much do what you want.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:41 AM

Quote:
It might be viewable, but just try to go ahead and make one, or better, try to market and sell them...and see what happens!

There are a few places online where you can search some of the patents that the Invention Secrecy Act has been used to suppress, some even go into great detail about the invention/technology, but you cant actually use it or do anything productive with it.
Nothing will happen, just sell it overseas, dont try to market it in the USA. Just be smart about what you are doing.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:42 AM

Quote:
If it threatens the energy industry its not going to matter what country you go to, they will definitely target you.
paranoid nonsense, no one cares. Yea I guess if you send an email to the state department saying look at me then maybe lol.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:54 AM

6,301 posts, read 2,852,981 times
Look, now that the promised flying cars have been reneged on, at least they could get Mr. Fusion into Best Buy.

Old 11-19-2019, 01:46 AM

12,739 posts, read 3,343,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
But the publications that led up to said patent are in university libraries. You might not be able to get the patent directly but you can get it through academic papers/publicaions. No military research is done in a vacuum, none of it. The military is always forced to reach out to academia. The type of people that join the military and the type of people that get degrees in physics and engineering are, for the most part, diametrically opposed. sure some of them may have done a stint but thats it.

I am big into optics and I guarantee you can find the information if you dig long and hard. You may have to fill in some gaps with your own engineering intuition but you can get 80% (or more) there with the publications.

You can also sometimes find the scientist and they will help as well so long as they were not specifically under a security clearance but most of those people got their info from someone else who was not. No one works on this stuff in a vacuum and very rarely are lifetime military members the sole creators of this tech.

THis is why guilds existed and they were also diametrically opposed to military culture.
Thats interesting, Im going to dig into that and see if I can find some info on some of things Im most interested in. I read a big piece on the Invention Secrecy Act and some of the technologies that have been suppressed are literally straight out of sci-fi movies, hovering cars (anti gravity/ gravity control), teleportation of objects, just to name a couple, the crazy thing is, many of these inventions/ technologies were suppressed years and even decades ago.

Its strange that no one has done what you said is possible though, but maybe they are like me, and did not know it was possible? IDK, thats the only thing I can think of to explain it. We did an anti gravity experiment back in my high school physics class, we suspended a paper clip in mid air, Ive always want to scale that experiment up and see if I could suspend something larger, but I havent had the money or figured out a way to practically scale up the counter rotating rings.

Old 11-29-2019, 10:46 PM

527 posts, read 202,412 times
I really hope this comes to fruition. However, fusion seems to be perpetually 30 years away. I think the greatest Q factor we have achieved is 0.67. If we can achieve proper nuclear fusion that generates a great net gain of energy, it will truly be revolutionary.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Thats interesting, Im going to dig into that and see if I can find some info on some of things Im most interested in. I read a big piece on the Invention Secrecy Act and some of the technologies that have been suppressed are literally straight out of sci-fi movies, hovering cars (anti gravity/ gravity control), teleportation of objects, just to name a couple, the crazy thing is, many of these inventions/ technologies were suppressed years and even decades ago.

Its strange that no one has done what you said is possible though, but maybe they are like me, and did not know it was possible? IDK, thats the only thing I can think of to explain it. We did an anti gravity experiment back in my high school physics class, we suspended a paper clip in mid air, Ive always want to scale that experiment up and see if I could suspend something larger, but I havent had the money or figured out a way to practically scale up the counter rotating rings.
You have to be really careful with these sort of really fanciful claims. Alot of these things you refer to are not suppressed, they dont exist and once you learn thermodynamics and start gaining an advanced understanding of science you will realize that it would take an astronomical amount of energy to accomplish these things.

Its impossible to suppress all this stuff, the real issue is that people like me hit a wall with funding and time. Just because I have a small library, shop, etc. Doing highly complex work (unless your independently wealthy) takes decades if you are forced to work 40 hrs a week.

Most of the great scientists were supported in some way (wealthy, royalty or supported by royalty). I only know of one mathmatician who was a baker (green, of greens function). I am guessing he has alot of liberties at his bakery.

So now I encourage aspiring scientists, mathmaticians and even engineers to first seek FI, financial independance. Because once you buy all your time back you can really do alot of stuff. Just being unemployed causes enough anxiety that you cant really do your work, you have to be set up such that you can just buy raw materials when you need it, etc.

THIS is why so few people do it, not becasue its suppressed. Most americans are slaves but they dont think so (they think its fair markets and dealings lol) so they continue to toil doing basic work so others can make money. I think this is actually why we are seeing a regression of technology (other than very narrow isolated things like space X).

Plus there is relationship and family, you have to find a woman who meets all your other check boxes AND is willing to live like a scientist (ie a simplified life style so that you dont have to work all the time). Lots of women like money and kids so having a carefully managed life style so you can live off passive income is tough. Sure the more principal you have the more passive income but try saving 120k and see how hard it is and that only generates $500 a month. You have to have a half mil to generate 2k a month and thats not a very lavish life style. But you could live in a ultra low COL area and start setting things up. But saving 500k requires you be a high level engineer or doctor on the front end (like gatlin was).

Thats why alot of scientists are old lol.

Old 12-05-2019, 10:58 PM

12,739 posts, read 3,343,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
You have to be really careful with these sort of really fanciful claims. Alot of these things you refer to are not suppressed, they dont exist and once you learn thermodynamics and start gaining an advanced understanding of science you will realize that it would take an astronomical amount of energy to accomplish these things.

Its impossible to suppress all this stuff, the real issue is that people like me hit a wall with funding and time. Just because I have a small library, shop, etc. Doing highly complex work (unless your independently wealthy) takes decades if you are forced to work 40 hrs a week.

Most of the great scientists were supported in some way (wealthy, royalty or supported by royalty). I only know of one mathmatician who was a baker (green, of greens function). I am guessing he has alot of liberties at his bakery.

So now I encourage aspiring scientists, mathmaticians and even engineers to first seek FI, financial independance. Because once you buy all your time back you can really do alot of stuff. Just being unemployed causes enough anxiety that you cant really do your work, you have to be set up such that you can just buy raw materials when you need it, etc.

THIS is why so few people do it, not becasue its suppressed. Most americans are slaves but they dont think so (they think its fair markets and dealings lol) so they continue to toil doing basic work so others can make money. I think this is actually why we are seeing a regression of technology (other than very narrow isolated things like space X).

Plus there is relationship and family, you have to find a woman who meets all your other check boxes AND is willing to live like a scientist (ie a simplified life style so that you dont have to work all the time). Lots of women like money and kids so having a carefully managed life style so you can live off passive income is tough. Sure the more principal you have the more passive income but try saving 120k and see how hard it is and that only generates $500 a month. You have to have a half mil to generate 2k a month and thats not a very lavish life style. But you could live in a ultra low COL area and start setting things up. But saving 500k requires you be a high level engineer or doctor on the front end (like gatlin was).

Thats why alot of scientists are old lol.
Have you ever read anything about the 'Invention Secrecy Act of 1951'?

The patent office themselves, admit they suppress certain inventions and technologies over the years, they even give detailed descriptions on why they do it and what factors they use to consider whether to suppress or not.

Old 12-06-2019, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Have you ever read anything about the 'Invention Secrecy Act of 1951'?

The patent office themselves, admit they suppress certain inventions and technologies over the years, they even give detailed descriptions on why they do it and what factors they use to consider whether to suppress or not.
I don’t scour patents, I scour university libraries, publications, world cat, mit open course ware, edx, youtube, etc.

International forums to talk to russian engineers etc

Trade forums like ieee aiche isa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or