U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2019, 08:22 PM
 
28,650 posts, read 40,632,128 times
Reputation: 37346

Advertisements

I will say it again. Unless you are wealthy or have an "in" it's not going to happen for you. To think otherwise is naive. Those smart people you mention know this. They just don't broadcast it. They are smart enough to realize the ramifications if it's something anyone can have. Perhaps not everyone who is posting in this thread is smart enough to see the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
 
841 posts, read 248,111 times
Reputation: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I will say it again. Unless you are wealthy or have an "in" it's not going to happen for you. To think otherwise is naive. Those smart people you mention know this. They just don't broadcast it. They are smart enough to realize the ramifications if it's something anyone can have. Perhaps not everyone who is posting in this thread is smart enough to see the same.
Wealth and connections can always be amassed. Otherwise, you simply wait it out a bit longer.

And I'm not really concerned with any ramifications - drastic societal change is a given with such technological breakthrough, as we've seen in history with implementations of agriculture, the wheel, the Industrial Revolution, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
 
28,650 posts, read 40,632,128 times
Reputation: 37346
You really are walking blind.

If you honestly think that wealth and connections (and I sincerely doubt you will ever acquire either) are all you need then I was right. You are naive. And uncaring since you don't care about any problems that might arise. As long as you've got what you want the hell with everyone else, right?

Do not overlook the government in this "revolution". If you don't think they will step in and put the screws to it then you need to study history.

I tell you again. YOU are never going to get the advantage of this technological fairy tale even it does come about.

But keep putting out the message. We all enjoy a good Sci-Fi story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:50 AM
 
841 posts, read 248,111 times
Reputation: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
If you honestly think that wealth and connections (and I sincerely doubt you will ever acquire either) are all you need then I was right.
That's quite a bet you're hedging there. Who knows, you might have lost on the spot.

Quote:
You are naive. And uncaring since you don't care about any problems that might arise. As long as you've got what you want the hell with everyone else, right?
Uncaring about what? I've already made clear that this revolution would be beneficial to mankind going forward.

Quote:
Do not overlook the government in this "revolution". If you don't think they will step in and put the screws to it then you need to study history.
All the more reason why private enterprise > big government in regards to innovation, and freedom in general.

Or the developments simply concentrate in other, more permissive governments. Hence China's advances with Crispr.

Quote:
I tell you again. YOU are never going to get the advantage of this technological fairy tale even it does come about.

But keep putting out the message. We all enjoy a good Sci-Fi story.
I'm young, and laying out the foundations of weath, brick by brick, as we speak. I've got plenty of time to sit back, and follow through with updates, so I'm not worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top