Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 08:19 AM

1,402 posts, read 477,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Or just read this, Danny.

I thought I'd save you the trouble, Harry. And yes, Google is your friend.

Last edited by HeelaMonster; 08-26-2021 at 09:42 AM..

Old 08-26-2021, 10:02 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKurreto View Post
Can you elaborate on what you refer to as the fish gills? I want to focus on that for a moment before proceeding to the other.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0205210627.htm

Now. You are either going to LEARN something from these informative posts about reality and Earth’s history that you didn’t know about. With an open mind and healthy curiosity. Or you’re going to double down on your YEC insanity and come up with some gobbledygook gish gallop to deny everything because it fails to confirm your bias. Bias which springs from indoctrination and naked fear. Which is it going to be?

Old 08-26-2021, 11:31 AM

732 posts, read 211,576 times
Quote:
I thought you had studied this?

OK, as an embryo, you develop gill structures (an arch of bone) in your neck. If your parents were a fish, these would develop into gills. As your parents are human, they develop into your jaw and part of your ear.

If you try Google, I am sure you can find which gene that is.
Humans do not have gills. Deal with it. If we had gill information then we would grow gills but we don't. You are attempting to make something from nothing. Shame on you. Be rational about these things.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Correct... now you're catching on! Macro requires much more TIME. Macro relies on the same mechanisms as microevolution, which add up over looooooong periods of time to produce new species.

HOWEVER, a big bright light bulb just turned on. Twice now you have side-stepped the multiple examples I provided of well-documented, formative events in the earth's long and glorious history. If you actually do believe the earth was created just a few thousand years ago, then small wonder you can't come to grips with processes (tectonic shift, mountain uplift, canyon formation through erosion, climate-induced mass extinction.... and EVOLUTION) that played out over millions and billions of years. We know these things happened, beyond the shadow of a YECer's doubt. But if you can't accept that the earth is as old as it actually is, there is no point in discussing natural processes that happened millions of years before the Bible was written... and no point in continuing this thread.

Read and learn. https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evoli...e/0_0_0/evo_14

Here you go, written in language even the science-rejecting audience can follow:

"Look closely at any mammal, bird, or amphibian embryo—they all look the same. That’s because they all inherited genes from a common, fishy ancestor. During the middle stage of development—called the phylotypic period—a special combination of those genes becomes active, while some get turned off. Those active genes become the blueprints for your body."

"Fish can’t talk, but they do have gills—and that’s where our voices come from. Just like fish, human embryos have gill arches (bony loops in the embryo’s neck). In fish, those arches become part of the gill apparatus. But in humans, our genes steer them in a different direction. Those gill arches become the bones of your lower jaw, middle ear, and voice box."

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...%20voice%20box.

"In addition to finding the Pou3f3 gene in almost all fish, the team also highlighted that it remains in our own genetic make-up and that it is potentially responsible for operculum-like structures during embryonic development. This means that not only do we still retain the genes for gills from our fish ancestors, but we may not be entirely done with them either.

https://marinemadness.blog/2020/10/0...sh-and-humans/

"Barske and Crump even showed that humans retain this control element, reflecting the presence of gill cover-like structures in human embryos that are inherited from our distant fish ancestors."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0928191215.htm
Humans have close to 60% DNA with banana

Old 08-26-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0205210627.htm

Now. You are either going to LEARN something from these informative posts about reality and Earth’s history that you didn’t know about. With an open mind and healthy curiosity. Or you’re going to double down on your YEC insanity and come up with some gobbledygook gish gallop to deny everything because it fails to confirm your bias. Bias which springs from indoctrination and naked fear. Which is it going to be?
Thank you for the article, short and sweet.

It proves my point on your irrational mindset. You take suggestions from extremely limited evidence and interpret them as being absolute without any consideration to obvious other possibilities, so tragic

Old 08-26-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
You also do not provide any science for your claims, you just straw man the science we do have.

We do not need to, the science is there for anyone willing to learn. You have not provided a single scientific counter argument, why do you involve yourself with nothing to offer?
Biogenesis has everything to do with abiogenesis being true or not.

If biogenesis is true which states that life ONLY comes from other life, then abiogenesis is false.

Use your head dude!!!

When have you ever known of life arising from non-life? Huh???

Consciousness coming from unconsciousness????

Do plants come into existence from rocks and dirt or gases and liquids??? If so then prove how they do. Dont stumble around like you have been doing, but provide a testable method of doing such. Plants, bacteria, bugs, fish, reptiles, or mammals, take your pick, but provide a testable method of these creatures coming from nothing already alive. Show me the process so I can replicate it.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:06 PM

1,402 posts, read 477,468 times
Quote:
Humans do not have gills. Deal with it. If we had gill information then we would grow gills but we don't. You are attempting to make something from nothing. Shame on you. Be rational about these things.
Quote:
Oh, Danny Boy*

It's clear that you don't understand things, but do you even bother to read any of the information provided? I can't say you are "barking up the wrong tree," because this might suggest you are capable of recognizing there are other trees. You are merely barking. And I think we're done here.

*A fitting song for funerals and other departures

Old 08-26-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
Oh, Danny Boy*

It's clear that you don't understand things, but do you even bother to read any of the information provided? I can't say you are "barking up the wrong tree," because this might suggest you are capable of recognizing there are other trees. You are merely barking. And I think we're done here.

*A fitting song for funerals and other departures
You have yet to provide any proof for your position, i will wait some more. You are comical with these wild speculations. Sad, but actually funny at times.

Speculation =Proof.........according to evolutionary theory

Old 08-26-2021, 01:17 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:

I never heard that before, but we certainly share much more with chimps, bonobos and gorillas...and in some people it is more clearly evident than in others.

Old 08-26-2021, 01:47 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Biogenesis has everything to do with abiogenesis being true or not.

If biogenesis is true which states that life ONLY comes from other life, then abiogenesis is false.

Use your head dude!!!

When have you ever known of life arising from non-life? Huh???

Consciousness coming from unconsciousness????

Do plants come into existence from rocks and dirt or gases and liquids??? If so then prove how they do. Dont stumble around like you have been doing, but provide a testable method of doing such. Plants, bacteria, bugs, fish, reptiles, or mammals, take your pick, but provide a testable method of these creatures coming from nothing already alive. Show me the process so I can replicate it.
So if you are saying life can not come from non-life, you must also be saying that you don’t know where life came from. Right? Because if you have an alternate explanation, show me that process so I can replicate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology