Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:16 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times

Advertisements

I believe there may be other "universes", but not 'parallel' universes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 11:32 AM

712 posts, read 2,146,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
As for equating McCain being President to Hitler, I'm pretty sure this country would be in better shape had McCain won the primary 8 years ago. I'm not a Republican, but its stupid comments like those that make me just that less happy to be a Democrat.

Those were just examples.. don't like them.. then think of underwater world.. and the dark knight universe.. (ick.. I hate the dark knight movie) and in addition you read there MEANING incorrectly.. as I meant this election and I meant a hitler universe (those being 2 seperate universes)

The only way to prove it per my understanding of the outline of the experiment.. is the camera's.. those are the scientific instruments to be used.. if there's something in physics to be learned here and there probably is.. I don't know that aspect.. the point of the cameras is to record that the 2 subjects I believe are now in 2 different universes I believe I remember now that you have to use hypnosis on the subjects..

It would take me about a hour to right up the experiment steps and I don't feel like doing it if we’re just going to be doing a passive scrutiny..

Old 11-04-2008, 09:39 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty3 View Post

The only way to prove it per my understanding of the outline of the experiment.. is the camera's.. those are the scientific instruments to be used.. if there's something in physics to be learned here and there probably is.. I don't know that aspect.. the point of the cameras is to record that the 2 subjects I believe are now in 2 different universes I believe I remember now that you have to use hypnosis on the subjects..

It would take me about a hour to right up the experiment steps and I don't feel like doing it if we’re just going to be doing a passive scrutiny..
The flaw with using a camera is that 1) it would be too easy to dismiss as a hoax by the naysayers even it was real and (2) even if it was real how would you go about explaining it?

Everything in our known universe is made up of atoms, including the air that we breathe. Atoms are energy. So, everything has energy, or you can say that energy is everything. If there are indeed parallel universes, then it would make sense to surmise that they also had energy, or else they would exist in a manner that is beyond or comprehension and we would either not realize that we were 'experiencing' a parallel universe or we would not understand what we were experiencing.

So, if a parallel universe is like ours, and it has energy, then the obvious idea would be to look for that energy and measure it. But that would require the ability to physically weigh and manipulate time.

By the way, I find it interesting that so many people like you claim to have knowledge of life's great mysteries but yet "don't feel like" sharing them with the rest of us.

Why would you have a testable hypothesis(?) of what could possibly be the greatest discovery of mankind, but yet say you are not going to bother if it will be scrutinize? You sir, are a sham.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 AM

178 posts, read 480,873 times
It is theorized that infinity is limitless. There are as many universes as there are stars within this universe as their are grains of sand on all the beaches of the world as there are micons within atoms. To say that ones soul is split among these parallel universes is speculative. We may in fact be. I for one do not believe that. I feel that our mirrored selves have independant souls. It is an interesting conundrum to wonder though if our spiritual beliefs also parallel within alternate mirrored worlds in other universes. But if such a thing exhists I believe that one of our selves could be mother Theresa and anoth be a serial killer. I would not imagine that in the infante possibilties that infinity has that all of ourselves would be the same but each one of our collective would be as infinate as infinity itself.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Why would you have a testable hypothesis(?) of what could possibly be the greatest discovery of mankind, but yet say you are not going to bother if it will be scrutinize? You sir, are a sham.
Yah, you're right I'm going around selling tonic water.. and I also believe the moon landings are faked..

I have a testable hypothesis.. if I feel like it; I will write it out.. but I repeat again! This is not my test design, this is someone else’s.. however I don't have to perform the test to know that the outcome is true.. this scientific test was designed to help prove it to others!

However and I'm being honest.. I'd find it fun to conduct said test with funding etc. (obviously if camera's as the scientific instrument aren't good enough for proof, then we’re wasting time) but I have serious REALISTIC doubts that this is more then just TALKING and that posting said method would get any work done.. besides create lots of scrutiny for people like you..

I repeat, I'll consider posting my test when I have time.. I heard this method through a recording and I have to seek out SAID recording and transcribe it, which is a pain...

If someone wants to offer $10k in funding and a scientific scientist behind conducting the test.. that will get me more motivated to do the transcribing.. but again I will not reveal the source as that only creates more scrutiny.. better to test the method, then ask a lot of negative/i don't want to believe questions about the source of the material.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 11-07-2008 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: name calling is NOT acceptable herein... thank you.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
Yah, you're right I'm going around selling tonic water.. and I also believe the moon landings are faked..

I have a testable hypothesis.. if I feel like it; I will write it out.. but I repeat again! This is not my test design, this is someone else’s.. however I don't have to perform the test to know that the outcome is true.. this scientific test was designed to help prove it to others!

However and I'm being honest.. I'd find it fun to conduct said test with funding etc. (obviously if camera's as the scientific instrument aren't good enough for proof, then we’re wasting time) but I have serious REALISTIC doubts that this is more then just TALKING and that posting said method would get any work done.. besides create lots of scrutiny for people like you..

I repeat, I'll consider posting my test when I have time.. I heard this method through a recording and I have to seek out SAID recording and transcribe it, which is a pain...

If someone wants to offer $10k in funding and a scientific scientist behind conducting the test.. that will get me more motivated to do the transcribing.. but again I will not reveal the source as that only creates more scrutiny.. better to test the method, then ask a lot of negative/i don't want to believe questions about the source of the material.
There may be transcribing programs out there, voice recognition stuff.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 11-07-2008 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: edit the quoted material...

Old 11-07-2008, 12:24 AM

Thanks but these are not very good recordings and in all truth the test is compromised in less then 4 to 7 sentences, I will see if can transcribe it.. once I find it..

I have +20 hours of recording so which one I exactly heard it in.. not sure..

I still have serious doubt that transcribing it will do anything.. but I likely have loads of time on my hands so I'll see if I can give a damn..

Old 11-07-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
Thanks but these are not very good recordings and in all truth the test is compromised in less then 4 to 7 sentences, I will see if can transcribe it.. once I find it..

I have +20 hours of recording so which one I exactly heard it in.. not sure..

I still have serious doubt that transcribing it will do anything.. but I likely have loads of time on my hands so I'll see if I can give a damn..
I've had just a little bit of experience trying to transcribe a few things, say on youtube. It was a bit of a surprise to me to see what a challenge it was. I'd have to re-run the same thing several times to get it exactly right.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:26 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,839,572 times
U-Tube videos of Parallel Universes:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:02 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty3 View Post
I was watching a PBS program about Hugh Everett's work on Parallel universes and thought of a question: If there are 10 universes (let's say) and I am living various lives on all 10, why I am I only aware of THIS universe and life? Even if the answer is "well, on Universe # 2, the #2 version of me IS aware, but not aware of the #1 version of me in Universe #1" (this one) etc.
But then, if you believe we have a soul, and my soul resides within my body, would my soul be split between 10 universes?? No, I haven't been smoking anything 'funny' just got me to thinking.....thoughts??
Fascinating subject! I guess we'd have to assume all versions of you are completely separate. Although, have you ever heard of the idea of the quantum computer? Supposedly they will be able to run a calculation simultaneously in many universes to get an answer extremely fast! All theory right now I think though

What gets me is thinking of the idea of an infinite number of universes-say each one has something slightly different. Such as everything being equal except on one day one version of you steps in dog sh**! I guess its not technically infinite but there are so many possibilities with the number of atoms and possible differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology