Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:00 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,394,538 times

Advertisements

Pretty pictures.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:03 PM

669 posts, read 3,193,804 times
Illegal sex? WTF?

NAH - for the last time - it's not called mating! NOBODY says that! It's sex/intercourse/making love whatever, but not mating!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:06 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
I actually liked being pregnant, so this scenario definitely wouldn't work for me! How do you think mothers-to-be bond with their unborn children? By feeling them move and kick, by going through all of the hormonal changes of pregnancy and then by giving birth. Your dream of the future sounds like a nightmare to me, sorry!

I'm not even going to touch the "no need to mate" issue; I've already stated how I feel about that on another thread.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:05 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
And what would the point of "mating" be without the physical part? Thats half the fun! I'd just as soon make my own babies than think about it. If all it took was thinking about "mating" to get a woman pregnant...every woman on the planet would be with child within a week! Ahahahahaahahah....

Cuddling is an equal substitution to mating. The way I see/imagine it, both are physical, right? Nothing like cuddling with a curvy woman and wrapping your arms around her soft curves, maybe kissing her for good measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
You're right I wouldn't. Because it's just not how humans were brought about. That is how people came to be, through getting pregnant by having a mating encounter.

I understand the fact that you don't want to mate because you're scared to get an STD or something like that. However, and most importantly, that's why you make sure you know the person you're with before you jump to any conclusions.

And also that you think it's only for procreation and not recreation. Why? Why can't a married couple mate recreationally? Why can't a couple getting married mate? Honestly I'm at the point where I'll pay some girl to take my virginity. I can't stand being one. I'm tired of people asking why are you still a virgin.

I am betting there is going to be a very big market for artifical wombs and being able to have children without pregnancy thanks to technology. I started this topic because ive seen movies and read books about that. Might wanna read "a brave new world" where babies are literally grown using donated sperm + eggs. The babies are then raised by nannies and when they are 18, they are set off into the real world. Mating, marriage and even parenthood is obsolete in that book. Very interesting read

I have many reasons not to mate, dont wanna risk my health, dont ever want children or take that chance, find it gross, not interested, goes against my beliefs, etc.

Because animals only mate for procreation(well dolphins and apes have been known to occasionally mate for recreation but they dont have to worry about the consequences like civilized humans do) Married couples can mate, I am not really worried about them, its those unmarried teens and young adults that would be making a bad decision by mating. You are still a virgin because deep down in your brain you know you are making the right choice and waiting till marriage/procreation/children

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
And men think about mating how many times a day!!!!!!!!!

Good grief, I hope there's a lot of tubes in the future. Should I buy stock in the tube making industry now?

I'm with you Rance ... gotta have the physical.

I guess when a man and woman desire to start a family, mating would be a frequent thought. Others like me think about not mating and worrying about others making the wrong choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
Illegal mate? WHA???

NAH - for the last time - it's not called mating! NOBODY says that! It's ***/intercourse/making love whatever, but not mating!

Mating is the proper word. "making love" is too broad, could mean giving a box of chocolate to your sweetie and she says "wow thanks for the chocolate, I love you" the guy just made love, made her say the L word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I actually liked being pregnant, so this scenario definitely wouldn't work for me! How do you think mothers-to-be bond with their unborn children? By feeling them move and kick, by going through all of the hormonal changes of pregnancy and then by giving birth. Your dream of the future sounds like a nightmare to me, sorry!

I'm not even going to touch the "no need to mate" issue; I've already stated how I feel about that on another thread.
Not all women ever want to go thru with pregnancy, others once is enough. Technology will give them the option. If its anything like what I saw in movies, read in books, every woman must have test tube baby grown in an artifical womb and any real pregnancies will be outlaws.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:41 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,733,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
[IMG]Cosmic said in another thread that I want to address:

"Most mating is primary a mental activity. The best mate can happen there. If you ever have had any deep programming experience at a machine code level, then you fully understand. When totally in the groove completely tuned in, in smooth stride, you lose track of time, the World becomes in harmony, it is better than any possible physical mating, better than drugs, better than any other known human experience. After a very, very heavy session, looking at wallpaper hurts. It was all mental."

Sweet Jesus, why don't the rest of you clowns get it.

You are talking pass each other. He is not talking about sex like you do. If you notice he puts words in my keyboard.

I understand his point. He wants only a mental experience at this point. That could change with the proper person. His choices for that person are very limited. The dynamics could be very tricky. She will have to be extremely special and maybe not in a physical sense. Her physical attibutes might be very ugly physically. I almost do not want to guess but I did make a serious proposal how he get there in another post.

I fully understand the position because I also see sex as both physical and very, very mental. I can switch them rapidly and control the physical drives in a mental realm. I do not consider myself strange but blessed. My brains are not located behind my zipper. I have always had stronger sex drives than most males.

A very complicated controlled process if done well but in the everyday World of commodity physical markets is not enjoyable when taken out of the realm of control of a practicing individual. Remove the mental aspects, you reduce the pleasure and enjoyment to a form of meat market mentality.

Sex is not just an act but a way of viewing life. How do you channel desires? How do you get pleasures? Can you switch modes in complicated ways to enjoy moments and make them linger, be meaningful and have a joy. It can be expressed in many avenues, music, art, creative expressions, sports, excellent in any endeavor, in a physical wonderful sexual encounter. Good writing and expression can be a form of sexual expression and achievement.

NAH seems to say crude physical sex leads to a corruption of the mental side and more the important enjoyment side of sex. With the proper experience and chaneling that view can become broader to include interactions with another person in some form. You can have many enjoyable interactions with other people without having physical sex with them. Sometimes that can ruin certain relationships.

His expression in the above post showing color, some creative display shows the ability to channel desire and expressions. He does need to understand all physical contact with another human being is not evil, including the various forms of sexual acts. Hopefully the right person can have that happen. I doubt he can be put in the right mood by an inexperienced younger female. Most asexual males response to far more experienced mature females who are of like educated mind sets and able to adapt to modes / aspirations of their partners.

In some modes of pleasure seeking where two individuals are involved you must be able to communicate with each other, however briefly.

Everything else is eye wash for public gratification.

Turn your efforts to finding a her of the proper qualification. I am saying she is going to be far older than he. Use the half age + 7 rule.

If anyone remembers or caught an exchange with Ms SandyCo where this subject of physical sex was available between male / female on a non-conditional basis in a friendly swap sort of arrangement as a favor, gift, mutual exchange for pleasure affair and how one arranges such a condition type discussion, she has yet to get back to me with the details of how I might do this.

In fact males and females come at the entire subject totally different. I do not expect females to be non-conditional in my lifetime. Such ain't going to happen. In fact they will fight any male who expresses sex is in any form other than physical. They probably have the weaker mental abilities in the area.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:48 AM

4,282 posts, read 15,748,958 times
Default I Promised Myself I Wouldn't, But......

Best intentions shot to HE double hockey sticks.

Quote:
Cuddling is an equal substitution to mating. The way I see/imagine it, both are physical, right?

Ummmmmm, no. Cuddling is like the first act of a 5-part play. It's an enjoyable part of the production, but certainly no substitute for the endplay; that's where all the real action comes together.

Get out to the "theatre" before writing a review of the show. They do have "theatre" in WPB, right?

Quote:
I have many reasons not to mate, dont wanna risk my health, dont ever want children or take that chance, find it gross, not interested, goes against my beliefs, etc.
ROFLMAO

You left out "Can't find anyone willing to sneak in my bedroom window at Dad's house and mate with me while I'm busy on the computer Googling Oil City"

Old 03-22-2007, 03:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
I have many reasons not to mate, find it gross, not interested,
I think this speaks volumes

NAH you need to step away from the "google"

That Time magizine was from 1978 I don't think you were even born. Wasn't that around the time that Britan had the first "test tube" baby concived? "Louise Brown" So I can see that there would be an "article" about what they think could happen in a couple hundred years.

I remember when I was something like 12, Mad Magizine showed by the 1990's we should have flying cars, hang on a sec let me go look out the window... nope my hubby just drove, not flew off to work in the 4-runner

You need to get off the "hope" that they will make "mating" illegal
Or you can go back to school get your law degree, run for congress and "sponser" your "illegal mating bill"
You could then hire all of the fols in WPB that can't find a job that pays more than $7/hour as the "booty call police"

Old 03-22-2007, 05:59 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Quote:
Cuddling is an equal substitution to mating. The way I see/imagine it, both are physical, right? Nothing like cuddling with a curvy woman and wrapping your arms around her soft curves, maybe kissing her for good measure.
Uhh...NO!!

You can't put a notch in your bedpost by cuddling. You really need to find a girlfriend and realize the fun of having s.e.x. It isn't mating for crying out loud! It's s.e.x!!

And test-tube babies will never replace human intercourse. The fun part if making the kid. If test-tube babies replaced human s.e.x., our condom industry would be in big trouble.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:06 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
NAH, back to your original topic. Haven't you read Brave New World? It's all about making babies without necessarily doing it.

Last edited by ellie; 03-22-2007 at 07:30 AM..

Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,160,169 times
The day babies are grown in a test tube, and making love becomes illegal, is the day I remove myself from this planet !
Technology has advanced to great extents, some for good and some for not so good.
We are "Human".We were made to have sex for both pleasure and procreation!
I totally disagree with test tube babies.(with exception to infertility) As another poster said, A pregnant woman provides more than just an incubator for the growing baby. One only knows once experienced.
It will be a snowy day in hell when I agree to pick up my baby from a lab!
For every post you make saying that sex is a sin, or harmful, I could find an article stating (facts) that SEX is heathy for both males and females.
You, my friend are only seeing one side of the coin!
Have you ever investigated the heath advantages to good ole' healthly protective sexual encounters????
I agree with you when it come to younger people, but I do feel you are misguided.
If you practice religion, please talk to your minister, priest, or whomever (maybe even good old dad), about this subject.

I am going to be the first on the list for "Scotty to beam me up" the day sexual encounters become illegal!
Anybody else signing up???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology