Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:52 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,383,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona1 View Post
And yes thanks for this link. It shows further proof by scientists of the Africans of today being the living transitionals of the apemen of the past. I have been arguing this point for a long time now and the link you provided is the proof. At the bottom of the link is an article from Newsweek magazine. As I always say, listen to science and watch their pictures and illustrations. Europeans are the most further advanced humans on the planet and it fits perfectly with this thread beginnings. Thanks again, no other discussion necessary
How utterly pathetic. I don't understand all your racist posts on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,383,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I have no idea what your point is about white folks and Africans. Your examples make absolutely no sense. I'm not sure anyone knows what color the earliest humans were. Some of the "worshipped intellects of our modern day" you mentioned seem to feel it's possible modern humans evolved separately in different areas around the world, but the evidence is sorely lacking. Based on your comments you must think white folks somehow appeared into existence fully equipped with assault rifles and grenades. Did aliens from M-31 bring them here? Please, do tell. Inquiring minds want to know.
Hmmmmmmm
Maybe you should take the racial thing up with your buddy Arizona. In a sick sort of way he made my point of scientific put downs of other races. Although I'm certain if you investigate his/her arguements you'll find it's not racial or personal, it's just science.

I'm already aware of scientists being as diverse and having opposing ideas as there are religions claiming pursuit of the same goal but with conflicting views. So what's your point ??? I did'nt bring up the Mitochondrial Eve. Numerous scientist reject this and believe as you've stated that many humans developed independently from each other. But if you'd back up the flame train just a bit you'd see I was'nt the one who posted it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar
You complain about the "worshipped intellects of our modern day", but then state mankind has not been around for 200,000 years. Then how long do you think they have been around? You examples don't seem to say. I forgot, you said because mankind would have turned this planet into a burnt out cinder Eons ago. Eons? That's a LOT more than 200,000 years.
It was illustrative, and yes I don't like numerous things these geniuses are doing and have done to our planet. Science has taken the lead in the destruction of our planet. Does that mean I'm against science ??? Absolutely not. But as time goes on there seems to be so much emphasis placed on these origins and the fairytales surrounding them by the soft sciences of anthropology, Biology, paleontology. Again, I'm not against any of those things but the directions they take are as rediculous as some of the creationists myths. When it's all said and done, none one of them has clue one on how to save our planet and that is foremost for me.
Quote:
Your examples of Easter Island, New Zealand, and the Anazasi may partially be right. Well, Easter Island anyway. Easter Island is just that - an island - with limited resources. Once those resources were used up because of increased numbers in the population, the island would've been unsuitable to support a viable population. Okay, I can agree with that.

As for the Maori of New Zealand, please explain how they destroyed their habitats. And as for the Anazasi, please explain how they also destroyed their habitats?
Well, i don't exactly have the time here to do your homework for you, but you can Google main words like Maori, Anasazi and Easter Island along with catch phrazes like deforestation, Ecosystem collaspe and the info is actually pretty kool. It only was to illustrate that human kind would have destroyed our planet's ability long before we're at the point of where we are today. The insane amounts of time frame dating they attach to many things is incredible. But if they did'nt , they would'nt come off overly inteelectual now would they ???
Quote:
How foolish of me. I should've guessed that Monsanto and the U.S. government would be behind any sinister creation of a new human species. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the MIB might have their sneaky hands in it as well.

Exactly how these shining examples relate to this thread is a greater mystery.
You're absolutely correct. Marxist Biology and experimentation with Doktor Josef Mengele theories is for another thread.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,118,540 times
Quote:
Europeans are the most further advanced humans on the planet
That has got to be one of the funniest things I have read.

Most further advanced? Is that what you thinks? You are smarts with the stuf there guy! Me thinks you perfect example of most further!

As for this whole rigmarole about who evolved from what, we are getting OT. Thinking somehow that two separate evolutionary tracks could develop over many MANY years and come to the same final stage where interbreeding was still possible is a pipe dream. We may have separated a long time ago, but the natural evolution from that point has been minuscule in comparison to what got us there in the first place.

Main reason? Adaptive intellect. What is the use of fur when you can make a coat? Why have fangs when you can make a spear? Why move out of a hostile environment when you have a coat and a spear?

Our intellect has advanced since then, but other adaptations have been limited primarily to skin color (UV protection), cosmetics (facial structure) and some physiological adjustments (more efficient metabolism due to eating parameters and climate).

Now, do I think that we may evolve further due to tinkering? Possibly. Hopefully in 100 years we will find out what makes stem cells work and be able to regrow limbs and organs. Hopefully we will find more of the traces/indicators for cancers and be able to prevent it or repair the faulty triggers that start it before it, well, starts!

Do I think we will grow gills? Become the Hulk? Bend spoons with our minds?

No. (Again, why bend one with your mind when your hands work just fine! )

But I do think we will become, hopefully, a more hardy critter that maybe has a longer HEALTHIER life.

The ONLY problem I see with that is that we still breed like bunnies. Until that changes, we risk becoming our own worst enemy when the planet can no longer sustain the biomass that is living off of it.

So will we become ash and cinder as our depressing Swedish friend seems to be thinking? Maybe, but bringing that up as an answer to whether or not we will manually instigate evolutionary micro-steps is completely unrelated. One does not necessarily predicate the other. One will eliminate the possibility of the other, but that one is not a certainty and therefore is not the answer to the question.

So long as annihilation is not an absolute, it is not the answer.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 AM

227 posts, read 533,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
That has got to be one of the funniest things I have read.

Most further advanced? Is that what you thinks? You are smarts with the stuf there guy! Me thinks you perfect example of most further!
Yet I challenge you to show me a scientific magazine, book or documentary video that does not illustrate for us what and who is on top of the evolutionary pile. Yes, it is Europeans and will continue to dominate. This is one of those observable proofs that no one can dispute and certainly not a damn Swede.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 AM

227 posts, read 533,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
How utterly pathetic. I don't understand all your racist posts on this subject.
Yes how utterly pathetic any modern day rationalist thinking persons believed in creationism. You've hardly never read the latest scientific data on proofs that evolution is a fact and not considered a theory any longer. Your religious side has lost and on the way out. Just research those statistics.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:13 PM

5,003 posts, read 12,318,684 times
Take a look at the San Bushmen tribe of Africa and then tell me that we didn't all descend from them, or a similar tribe. Some have multi-colored eyes, the facial features of Europeans, but also have darker skin. Some have brown eyes and black hair with facial features reminiscent of Asiatic peoples.

Africans have the most genetic diversity of any indigenous peoples in the world. Any preconceived notion that Africans are a "transitional" species or somehow inferior to other races is utterly absurd and insulting. If they were a separate species, then we should have great difficulty - if not impossibility - to create offspring with them. And yet there are many many examples to the contrary.

Also, if they were a different species, they should have a different genetic code. But they don't. They just have different sequences of the same length and type.

I can't believe that there are so-called "scientists" out there who still hold such racist notions. How sad!

ANYWAYS, GETTING BACK ON TOPIC!

I do not believe that humans will go "extinct" any more that there will be significant resequencing of our DNA. The movie GATTACA showed a potential future to select gene sequencing where offspring were chosen based on a mother's and father's "best" samples - children who would be geniuses, strong, fit, good-looking, and matching particular features that the parents wanted.

However, this would only work insofar as we would be willing to "settle" for being human any longer. What it will mean to be "human" will be drastically different in the future than today. Instead of select DNA resequencing or selection, I think most humans would adopt cybernetics instead.

Think about it - be able to compute vast quantities of data very quickly yet keep the adaptability and generality of the brain. Augment our physiques and replace failing organs with new ones. I'd sign up for it.

Of course there will always be people wishing a more "holistic" perfection of all organic beings. Therefore I think there will be two types of humans - homo cybernetic and homo superior.

These are simply transitional though. Eventually, I think what will happen is we will understand our own consciousness and "upload" our beings into computer networks and direct armies of subservient machines to explore the universe for us, restore the Earth and maintain the computers, and we will be finally able to rid ourselves of our meddlesome bodies.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Yet I challenge you to show me a scientific magazine, book or documentary video that does not illustrate for us what and who is on top of the evolutionary pile. Yes, it is Europeans and will continue to dominate. This is one of those observable proofs that no one can dispute and certainly not a damn Swede.
What?

Yes it is Europeans and will continue to dominate? Listen, do us all a favor and try not to get into heated philosophical debates with people when your mastery of the english language is obviously questionable.

It may not be an indication of your overall intelligence, but the inaccurate communication of your points will leave too much room for alternate interpretation or just plain confusion to be able to discuss something lik this rationally.

Please show me a reputable source that says Europeans are on the top of the BIOLOGICAL evolutionary "pile". Making an assertion that Europeans are on the top with no proof makes the BURDEN of such proof lie on your shoulders, not ours.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Yes how utterly pathetic any modern day rationalist thinking persons believed in creationism.
Again, be careful on topics like these. You are not helping things.

Quote:
You've hardly never read the latest scientific data on proofs that evolution is a fact and not considered a theory any longer.
You are obviously not familiar with the definition of scientific "theory". Most people aren't. Theory in science is more than a conjecture. It has proofs that support it and has been examined in many ways. Gravity is still a THEORY. (and THAT seems to be undisputed by even the most staunch creationist zealots)

Thing is, linguistically, a theory can be anything. Intelligent design is a theory, but it is an unproven one, and definitely not "scientific". And by that I do not mean that "science" is a magical entity that has to grant approval of anything for it to be worth it, but rather that "science" is just a means of doing things, a process, a field of study even, that requires all conjectures to be proven, not simply accepted.

Quote:
Your religious side has lost and on the way out. Just research those statistics.
Like I said, relax. You are either bungling things up in the translation or you do not fully grasp the topic. I THINK I know where you are coming from, but your disjointed posts and insults of other posters will not win any converts.....

Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 PM

Esker, one thing I look at is the development of bioelectronics. We already have small advances like OLED, I am wondering when we will be able to start "growing" circuitry. Use our own carbon schematics to elable the hybridization of organic mechanics, chemical and electrical manefestations with modern electronics and machinery.

We may not have metal men, but maybe an improvement to our immune systems with things like Nano-bots that would remove nascient tumors or arterial cloggages before they present any kind of harm to us.

More of a symbiotic relationship in some cases than a DNA restructuring.....

Hell, our next step in evolution might BE creating cybernetic organisms like ourselves, based on the same thought patterns and motivations. People think that this would be bad, that somehow they will turn into terminators and kill us all, but there is the possibility that they may just be what we really want to be.

We may bring the soul into the machine.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,943,174 times
How the human mind and body works is already programmed into the DNA code. Once we understand the code itself we understand ourselves. We then can make ourselves even more advanced by updating the code with our minds, and not just natural mutations. We are on the dawn of a new age of mankind. I think in the future we will be able to created other sentient beings. Like a elephant as smart as a man is now. Make a dog that can talk and think, and live much longer than 15 to 20 years. We will be able to cure most diseases, and control bacteria and viruses much better. Understanding the DNA code and how to manipulate it is the holy grail of biological science in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology