U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 AM

3,109 posts, read 8,506,205 times

Advertisements

U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management

Illustration of a sauropod. Sauropods are thought to be the largest dinosaurs and the biggest creatures ever to walk on land.

The secret to mega-dinosaurs' impressive sizes may be that the reptiles used more of their energy for growing and less for keeping their bodies warm compared with some creatures.

Secret to How Dinosaurs Got So Big Is Revealed - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 03:26 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,794,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management

Illustration of a sauropod. Sauropods are thought to be the largest dinosaurs and the biggest creatures ever to walk on land.

The secret to mega-dinosaurs' impressive sizes may be that the reptiles used more of their energy for growing and less for keeping their bodies warm compared with some creatures.

Secret to How Dinosaurs Got So Big Is Revealed - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com
Interesting article and some points are not so far fetched. The key is actually related to the climate of the times and a unique and totally different water hydrological cycling system which effected everything living, plants, animals, aquatic life, micro-organisms, etc. Ever notice that the entire fossil record shows health, vigor and larger size of not just dinosaurs, but also plants, insects, sea creatures , etc ???

With the advent of the warming of both Arctic and Antarctic Polar Regions and a interesting thanks to the man caused Global Climate Change itself, much data has been revealed to Paleoclimatologists & Paleobotanists who findings have revealed a perfect and unique ecosystem and environment that once existed earthwide from pole to pole. It's actually extremely kool and something I have studied for a couple of decades now. Today's water structure and true nature are for the most part changed drastically from it's original design. It ACTUALLY CAN BE REPLICATED and I personally have done it and experimented with it on plant growth. I'm not the only one, others too have done this over the years, though it conflicts with much of the conventional physics. It's so simple and logical that the least educated could grasp it. It's not so much a long and complicated story as it is an array of foundational understanding of other components that needs to be told in stages to give a deeper and clearer picture, but if I get the time the next couple of months, I'll share some of the info and research many of us have found. Many in my group are interested in natural green energy creaton, but I'm still more fascinated with the effects it has on every lifeform, but plants in particular. For the moment I'm just back from Berlin, Germany and need to catch up on a lot of paperwork.

The ancient hydrological system is the foundation of it all. Unfortunately much of water's structure today has being ruined and it'll no doubt take some clever inventions to repair it. However, more important than any inventions or ideas are humankind's change of attitudes regarding many areas of living and given history this seems at present unlikely. (Please keep in mind that this has ZERO-Nothing-Nada to so with any rightwing/leftwing political B.S. on either side) The moment you bring any of that idealogical garbage into play, the importance is lost.

The beauty of this is that you don't have to be a genius or intellect to understand this and replicate it for yourself. For example, a person does'nt need to understand the physics or nature of molecular structure of what is going on in a revitalized oxygenated water. All you need to see is it's effect on plant growth. Simple controlled experiments using regular tap water, and a revitalized water made from tap water are all that is necessary. Much like the average person not understanding all the mechanics of what makes a car work, it's simply the results of what the actual product can produce that cause one to appreciate it's design. Seeing is definitely believing and something that can never be erased as far as the personal experience.

If the thread proves positive then maybe there's a chance for some interesting discussion. If the usual snarky remarks and comments or insults follow the pattern of other sub-forums here, then of course we can all forget it and I won't share anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology