U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 06:31 PM

27,996 posts, read 46,373,100 times

Advertisements

A skull long believed to be Adolf Hitler's is actually the remains of a woman, according to a scientist who has taken DNA samples from it.

Soviet troops found the skull among charred remains outside Hitler's bunker in Berlin in 1945.

DNA Tests Say Hitler's Skull Actually Female (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/hitler_skull_dna_woman/2009/09/28/265635.html - broken link)
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 06:34 PM

519 posts, read 891,734 times
OMG so he could still be out there???

Old 09-29-2009, 01:14 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,426,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
Not likely, if so, he'd be 120 years old. It's more likely that they grabbed the wrong skull (potentially Eva Braun's?) in 1945. I'd bet you money he killed himself just like history accepts.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:30 PM

6,039 posts, read 9,214,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
Nah, somebody stole the real Hitler skull so they could clone little Hitlers from it.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:35 PM

3,109 posts, read 8,509,472 times
Why not accept the possibility that Hitler and Eva Bruan had stand ins. That would be a good reason to burn the bodies, to hide the switch. The two possibly were scurried out of Germany and wound up in Argentina like a lot of other of Hitler's hinch men. They might have lived into the 1970's when they died of old age. I put this same thread in History and nobody responded to it.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:47 PM

132 posts, read 322,261 times
I think news that the skull is that of a female has been around a while, because I remember seeing a program on it last year I think.

I like to think that Hitler and Eva escaped in glamorous fashion, rather than just huddle up in a bunker in the middle of Berlin, which seems pretty defeatist. I don't think Hitler would have wanted to go to South America though, too many "brown people" you know? He could have easily lived under cover in Switzerland, or even somewhere in Germany. Though he had health issues, such as Parkinson's I believe, so who knows how long he would have lived afterward.

I think the mystery of Hitler would have been solved long ago if the U.S. military, or the Brits had handled it though. The Russians were always so shifty and secretive over everything.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 AM

737 posts, read 1,444,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
I think news that the skull is that of a female has been around a while, because I remember seeing a program on it last year I think.

I like to think that Hitler and Eva escaped in glamorous fashion, rather than just huddle up in a bunker in the middle of Berlin, which seems pretty defeatist. I don't think Hitler would have wanted to go to South America though, too many "brown people" you know? He could have easily lived under cover in Switzerland, or even somewhere in Germany. Though he had health issues, such as Parkinson's I believe, so who knows how long he would have lived afterward.

I think the mystery of Hitler would have been solved long ago if the U.S. military, or the Brits had handled it though. The Russians were always so shifty and secretive over everything.
I remember hearing something about it along time ago also unsure if they said female skull but I do remember the speculation that the burned bodies could be someone else and not of Hitler himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology