Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 11:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
That would depend on your definition of god.
Defining god is the ultimate subjectivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Like our planet, the human body is about 75% water. The average person would die in about three days if they did not consume any water (keep in mind that you get water when you drink coffee, beer, juice, eat fruit, vegetables, etc.).

Also, to live off sunlight would mean that photosynthesis takes place, and for photosynthesis to take place would require chlorphyll a - which humans do not have. So, unless this guy has some kind of symbiotic relationship with a plant or algae, it is not going to happen.

Photosynthesis just uses UV light to catalyze carbohydrates into energy, plants and algae still need water, minerals, and other nutrients to function, live.

By the way, nice to see the subtitles in Polish
In terms of conventional biology, chemistry etc. that is of course correct.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:24 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,277,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Defining god is the ultimate subjectivity.
I need definition in order to correctly interpret what people are trying to say. It is easier to have ambiguous definitions in language, and you seem content with that. That is your choice. I, myself, care about getting it right.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I need definition in order to correctly interpret what people are trying to say. It is easier to have ambiguous definitions in language, and you seem content with that. That is your choice. I, myself, care about getting it right.
There are definitions, but Hindus define their gods differently from Christians or Mayas or the Yoruba etc. I just don't want those discussions about whose god is the right one, the standard so to speak. That is mere subjectivity and irrelevant in this thread.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
There are definitions, but Hindus define their gods differently from Christians or Mayas or the Yoruba etc. I just don't want those discussions about whose god is the right one, the standard so to speak. That is mere subjectivity and irrelevant in this thread.
I agree. In my statement "We believe in GOD and everyone else bring your data." , it was meant that we cannot accept anything on faith unless of course you are God. (So basically everyone needs to bring proof.) I would never engage in a discussion about whose god is the right one... I think I would have when I was eight...

Old 05-01-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I agree. In my statement "We believe in GOD and everyone else bring your data." , it was meant that we cannot accept anything on faith unless of course you are God. (So basically everyone needs to bring proof.) I would never engage in a discussion about whose god is the right one... I think I would have when I was eight...
I guess one only needs to prove one's opinion if one wants others to believe it. If that guy is telling the truth, he probably doesn't care much whether or not people believe him as in that case he would be way beyond us normal people. From his perspective it would probably be us that have to prove he is not telling the truth.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I guess one only needs to prove one's opinion if one wants others to believe it. If that guy is telling the truth, he probably doesn't care much whether or not people believe him as in that case he would be way beyond us normal people. From his perspective it would probably be us that have to prove he is not telling the truth.
Physical properties of our world have been well defined. The fact that we know the limitations of the human body, and all living things for that matter, pull up red flags on any claim like the one in question. Most claims of that sort have always turned up in third world countries that keep little to no records, and where education levels are low. Education and the search for absolute truths are key.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Physical properties of our world have been well defined. The fact that we know the limitations of the human body, and all living things for that matter, pull up red flags on any claim like the one in question. Most claims of that sort have always turned up in third world countries that keep little to no records, and where education levels are low. Education and the search for absolute truths are key.
Ah, I am not so sure about that anymore. Even some particle physicists don't believe in absolute truths anymore.
Well, we will probably hear of further tests regarding that guy.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:31 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
IMHO...and Scientific education...ARE YOU KIDDING ME...LOL...NO!!! unless he's got clorophyll for/in his blood and somehow absorbs moisture without a "root" sysyem. ;-)
Chlorophyll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM

713 posts, read 3,437,829 times
he is really a science experiment left behind where they pumped him up with Chlorophyll and engineered his body hair to act as a type of "root" system to bring in moister from the out site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology