U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:20 AM

404 posts, read 562,670 times
As for minutes for your phone, try Safeway. I know that they carried all types of phone and gift cards a year or two ago, and they still should. If anyone can double-check me on this, please do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 AM

124 posts, read 261,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4ivaylo View Post
As for minutes for your phone, try Safeway. I know that they carried all types of phone and gift cards a year or two ago, and they still should. If anyone can double-check me on this, please do.
I'll try, but since I use straight talk, it's not likely.

Either way, I do agree with most posters in this thread. I originally grew up with Fred Meyer and Safeway. Then when my parents dragged me to the mid-west (God knows how much I hated it there!), all that went away, and I was forced to learn the ways of Wal-Mart. As I kid, I never really was excited about Wal-Mart, but I missed my Safeway and Fred Meyer like crazy. Now that I'm back, I know what I was missing.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 AM

6,476 posts, read 5,347,691 times
Try Fred Meyer electronics department. If they don't have your minutes, they'll know who will.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 AM

252 posts, read 362,514 times
There is a Wal-mart in Poulsbo also

Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 PM

404 posts, read 562,670 times
Their site says "Only at Wal-Mart" so you may be out of luck.

https://www.straighttalk.com/AutoRefill

Maybe look into that?

Old 07-21-2010, 01:35 PM

7,906 posts, read 5,649,002 times
You can't buy minutes over the air or via the internet?

I know that you can get VirginMobile phones and minutes for them at 7-11, and I believe RadioShack... you may want to look into that.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:45 PM

172 posts, read 244,783 times
You have one in Marysville and Lake STevens up north. Walmart is a low class store. Doesn't mean I won't shop there, though for the low prices. (perhaps I'm low class)

Old 08-12-2010, 09:21 PM

10 posts, read 16,928 times
Walmart Rocks! Come on Seattle, make it happen.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 922 times
Wal-Mart is no worse than Target as far as benefits, or at least that's what employees claim. Wal-Mart has been villified by the likes of Howard Dean and John Edwards because they contribute heavily to the Republican party, like all good businesses should do. Moderator cut: new members are not allowed to post links

Last edited by David Aguilar; 10-21-2011 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: removed link

Old 10-21-2011, 06:28 PM

304 posts, read 434,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
There seems to be no Wal-Mart locations in Seattle. Why is that? Does Seattle have something against Wal-Mart?
Yes. They are box stores that need a lot of space in a city that doesn't have a lot of space. Seattleites also love their specialty stores and all the jobs they create. Many Seattleites don't want those stores to get crushed by a superstore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
I mean, it's not nearly as bad as K-Mart, but there are some exclusive things that Wal-Mart carries that no other store does (like minutes for my cellular phone) and the nearest one appears to be Federal Way.
Seattle is a hilly city full of bridges, lakes and narrow blocks. Where would you put a superstore? Besides, parking is at a premium, all the bike riders couldn't handle a Wal-Mart haul anyway and the techies will just shop online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area