Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:11 PM

124 posts, read 368,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea-oh View Post
I think it all depends on your perspective. After spending a week in Seattle, I drove around Columbus, Ohio today and found the traffic to be a breeze. In Seattle last week it was pretty bad, but that was partly because they kept closing down I90 for the Blue Angels.

I'm moving to Seattle in a few months, and like Columbus, I will avoid driving during rush hour as much as I can. Nevertheless, Seattle isn't half as bad as experiences I've had driving around NYC or Chicago. Yeesh.

There are certainly cities with less traffic. Salt Lake City seems to have empty highways every time I end up there. Seattle seems pretty average as far as traffic goes. Yeah, it gets to be bumper to bumper traffic, but so does everywhere else. If you've ever driven on I-95 from Jersey to CT, you'd laugh at the traffic here. It gets slow, but never actually slow enough to turn off the car, walk to dinner, eat, walk back and not have been blocking traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 03:03 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
To the city-data moderator:

I gave some helpful advice to sleepkitty and left a thoughtful respond for her message. Why was my post deleted and not given a notification for it? Can you please send me the post I created and then I'll take the parts of the post I typed that you dont want posted on the thread?

Old 08-10-2010, 10:27 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mea-oh View Post
I think it all depends on your perspective. After spending a week in Seattle, I drove around Columbus, Ohio today and found the traffic to be a breeze. In Seattle last week it was pretty bad, but that was partly because they kept closing down I90 for the Blue Angels.

I'm moving to Seattle in a few months, and like Columbus, I will avoid driving during rush hour as much as I can. Nevertheless, Seattle isn't half as bad as experiences I've had driving around NYC or Chicago. Yeesh.

plus the students are out...that's like 60,000 people...

Old 08-21-2010, 07:49 PM

19 posts, read 63,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandygirl View Post

Laws: Big area. If your boyfriend is a hunter he might like Washington. Permits are required for concealed carry. A hunting permit may be required during certain seasons, as usual. If you plan on driving you have to take the test to get a Washington driver license.
i dont understand the license thing given right here it says you dont have to take a test
How to get a Washington State driver license
If you have a valid driver license from another state
Visit a driver licensing office.
Bring with you:
Proof of identity, including your out-of-state license.
Cash or check to pay the $45 fee for your first Washington driver license ($20 for your application and $25 for your license).
Your Social Security number, which is mandatory to help enforce child support laws. You don't need to show us your Social Security card. We’ll verify your Social Security number, but it won’t appear on your license.
Complete a driver license application.
Pass a vision screening and demonstration of color recognition.
After completing the steps above, you won’t need to take a knowledge test or a driving test unless you have a medical or physical condition that indicates testing is required.
Turn in your out-of-state driver license or ID card so we can invalidate it.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:46 PM

304 posts, read 850,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi2710 View Post
i dont understand the license thing given right here it says you dont have to take a test
How to get a Washington State driver license
If you have a valid driver license from another state
Visit a driver licensing office.
Bring with you:
Proof of identity, including your out-of-state license.
Cash or check to pay the $45 fee for your first Washington driver license ($20 for your application and $25 for your license).
Your Social Security number, which is mandatory to help enforce child support laws. You don't need to show us your Social Security card. We’ll verify your Social Security number, but it won’t appear on your license.
Complete a driver license application.
Pass a vision screening and demonstration of color recognition.
After completing the steps above, you won’t need to take a knowledge test or a driving test unless you have a medical or physical condition that indicates testing is required.
Turn in your out-of-state driver license or ID card so we can invalidate it.
You're absolutely right. You only have to take the test if you don't have a current license from another state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area